Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Other voices

Go down 
+23
Radazenobia
mon 1650
temp
Egbertine
AlexanderBendo
hHarpsichordk
Morten Sletten
Astarto
Joanna
*JaRoWi1647*
Nenuphar
SJuli
Artaserse
tuffy942
Pilarddcc
Rosamunda
karenpat
Vivaldi
Jarofil
Saskia
Duffy
Artemis
carolineleiden
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Duffy

Other voices - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty25th January 2012, 10:48

Pilar,
yes, I know the radio broadcast also, it is ravishing, and it was Paris, some sort of home match for Philippe also. And Artaserse took part.
The concert of yesterday night didn't touch me...there was no spark, you know?
'Music for a While' only accompanied by a cembalo, fine, but the Abdelazer Suite?
It was hard even to recognize it, some pieces were somehow anemic.
And then a would famous singer who hasn't prepared an encore and only repeats a piece ? Now I know, I've been pampered all the time by our tesoro and I fear I won't accept less as long as it is possible.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty25th January 2012, 12:02

Duffy:

Artaserse, Mr. Artaserse or the ensemble?

Yes, our tesoro is always ready for encores or whatever it happens! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty25th January 2012, 12:08

The ensemble was with the two piepmätze in Paris.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty25th January 2012, 12:58

Duffy:
Before hearing for the first time Philippe, I adored Andreas, indeed, he was the only countertenor really moved me. And still like me a lot (way, way behind Felipe, of course).
I have almost all of their CDs, is a fantastic countertenor voice as personal and refined that recognize only hear the first notes of any aria that he sings. I saw him only once, 4 years ago, in a recital Corelli´s and I was fortunate to have been there.
But it is true that for some time now, the reviews I've read again and again speak of the difficulties of volume, as if he sang through a mask, and that is beginning to lose its charismatic velvet timbre . Critics, you know, sometimes just to see the idol´s flaws and accentuate the negative dyes..
In his recital with Philip Purcell, so despised by many people, I thought his voice, dark and abysmal, it was a great complement to the bright timbre of Philippe on this background, plunged like a kite under a stormy sky.
I do not think, really, you can find a more beautiful interpretation of "My dearest, my Fairest" than do those two. In this duet everything is perfect for me, verses, music, beautiful voice of Philip, a disturbing ambiguity, and the mysterious timbre counterpoint and sophisticated Andreas. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. swoon
I sorry to hear you say about their difficulties in the concert because it really is not normal that a singer has to clear his throat or exercise while providing a recital. Maybe not in good health.
The microphones may be because the concert was being recorded, as often happens with concerts by Philippe.
And yes, Philip is a phenomenon for many reasons, but not having the problems with Andreas. I hope you have not ever, ever.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty25th January 2012, 14:04

Rosamunda: I subscribe every word...And It is true sometimes critics, and people, tend to emphasize only flaws, it's easier!

My dearest duetto is truly disturbing. Felipe once said that he likes to play with ambiguity, a wise move in this particular piece. I'm also languishing for him...
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 15:59

I also suscribe your words, Pilarddcc, I also languish for him.
Sometimes, when I hear the version of London, I imagine that Philippe and Andreas stopped to the hearing of the Barbican in a permanent condition of languor.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 16:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Did you see the new photographsin the gallery? When I saw them yesterday I thought of you, he looks actually handsome...
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 17:55

And speaking about other roles for Philippe's voice and personality, he will have a little duet with MNLemieux as il Satirino to her nymph Linfea and the words and interaction is SOOOOO funny (Script for La Calisto) that I would kill to see PJ sing about having "la coda tenera"!!!!!!a tender tail but he is talking as a little goat. And she calls him "fanciullo caprino"!!! I saw he is singing it some where and someone must record it! I wonder how he will sing it since the role, which had been sung by Visse, can be very playful and comic. And PJ can be a wonderful comedian!!!! clapping
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 18:03

I don't quite understand, are you saying that he has already done that role or he should do it? I love his versatily, he is a great professional but also a very funny one, not so easy to find someone in this area with his sense of humour!
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 20:08

Pilar:I do not know almost nothing of "La Calisto" of Cavalli, but I've always wanted to buy the DVD of René Jacobs version and I have not managed because it is of quite a few years ago. I know that it is a beautiful Opera (Cavalli is wonderful) and very funny.
Do not be if Felipe has sung it at some time , but, of any form, he and Marie Nicole Lemieux will sing some fragments in Valladolid for you and for me!.
I believe that to this concert Tuffy refers.
If you want to know the actor's side of comedy that Felipe has, it sees the "Agrippina" DVD's. lol I have laughed with great him, it interpreted it almost 10 years ago and he was singing wonderfully already.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 20:10

Thanks Rosamunda! I'll try to find out about Agrippina!
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 20:55

I've seen Cencic on stage as Il Satirino. Linfea was sung by a man in drag (which is usually the case for this rôle). Their exchanges are indeed very funny, even a little bawdy. Will Philippe be singing this in his programme of duets with Marie-Nicole Lemieux?
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 21:34

Artemis
I do not know with certainty that they sing this fragment, but yes that will sing some duets of "La Calisto ", because it is registered in the program.
Philippe and Marie-Nicòle are in the habit of amusing very much singing duets lightly eccentric. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 21:35

Rosamunda, where did you find the programm?
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 21:46

Pilarddcc, Rosamunde,

are you talking about the concert in Baden-Baden, 24.6.2012 ???
Then you find the program here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will be there!! embrace
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 22:09

OMG Nenuphar, we're talking about the cocnernt in Valladolid on 28th June, but I guess it would be the same repertoire!!!!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] This is a an amazing one, with my adored Sances, Ferrari and Strozzi...I can't ask for anything more, mi fa male il cor [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 22:18

Pilarddcc,
sorry, I didn' think...
as both of you are from Spain - for sure you are not talking about concerts in Germany....
may be it's already a little bit late for me prankster
(time to go to bed? But not without some final listening to our beloved Philippe...) smile
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th January 2012, 22:26

Pilar, Nenúphar:
Yes, I believe that we are speaking about two cities but about the same concert. And yes, really, the duet is that of Linfea and Satirino.
Mon Dieu! What concert more wonderful and what gallant is Philippe in Caldara's photo!
L`Eráclito amoroso ... will not I be dreaming? swoon
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 00:15

Pilarddcc wrote:
Duffy:

Artaserse, Mr. Artaserse or the ensemble[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Mr. Artaserse" was there, too! reverence
It was really wonderful , this duo - so different and so incredible ...compatible together!
As Duffy already noticed - Herr Scholl often cleaned his throat also while the live- performance and ..ok - we´re all only human beings and this is not a great crime.
But what I noticed by myself- Mr. Scholl is tired to do it in general. He is an great Master for sure! But it´s already routine for him. Not for Philippe- he let us feel the miracle of his inspiration each time we´re allowed to be there and- let me be honest - to escape our " common life" for some hours.
SOS

Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 00:21

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I thought so! You must have enjoyed a lot. I've enver see Scholl live but I would like to do it. Maybe he is more solemen/grave than Philippe, he is German and as far as I know Germans tend to be very polite or comme il faut, so to speak, Philippe is very easy-going and solare so it have to be difficult to compete against his charm...
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 00:30

Pilarddcc

Yes, I DID!!! embrace
My seat was quite far above the stage, but I could enjoy this exceptional meeting of different styles and personalities !
Ans - yes, Mr. Scholl is verrry tall and strong guy with an verrry soft and friendly handshake. blush

tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 13:27

Rosamunda,
I have the cd you refer to and I believe the DVD too, back in Miami. If I can get them copied I will let you know to send them to you. I will be back in Miami in about 2 weeks. kiss

Pilar I actually saw La Calisto in north New York, Glimmerglass Opera, with other new American voices (Drew Minter, Lisa Saffer) and Satirino was newcomer David Walker, so enthusiastic at his role he actually broke a leg in one of the performances!!!He was excellent and I like him more than Visse in the DVD who can be a little - a lot- crude with his gestures. It is a wonderfully funny opera!But imagining Felipe he would be a perfect, cute, funny and adorable little satyr!!!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 13:47

Tuffy

Do you have the Agrippina?

Yes, he will be the cutest little satyr ever seen!
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 14:07

Artaserse, Pilar:Yes, it is very difficult to compete with Philippe, almost impossibly, but Scholl is also very nice, with very much sense of the humor and always he is smiling with the eyes.
They are called him "SuperAndreas" Laughing because it is very, very highly, has a strong constitution as Superman and speech with a beautiful timbre of baritone.
He laughs very much of yes same and of the others and it should have spent it very well with Philippe.
It is a species of giant … .. with voice of countertenor.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 14:24

Very, very dear Tuffy:
Indeed have you " Calisto " of René Jacobs in DVD?.
You are an exchequer, decana, because I prefer always having the DVD of an opera that the CD, at least the first time that I am going to hear her. When already I her know good, it does not import the support for me, but the opera, at first it is a total spectacle , truth?.
Do not be how we might do what you project, but for the present be enough to me with your project. Graces, Tuffy.
Pilar: (also dear):
I believe that "Agrippina" is between the exchequers of the forum, look at it.
If it is not you can entrust it to FNAC.
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 22:47

Querida Pilarddcc, I do indeed have Aggrippina. I will transfer any dvd I have to disc so I can send them to you some way. I am very glad to share Felipin with all who love him.. kiss Rosamunda, Once I get back I will get busy on the project of dvds, OK?
Besitos.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 22:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] You're such an [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty27th January 2012, 23:26

Artaserse
thank you, what you wrote about Andreas Scholl was just what I meant.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty3rd February 2012, 11:23

I was wondering why Hana Blazikova was not more of a baroque superstar...Guess this is the answer. Very Happy Playing bass in a rockchickband takes time too!

(Next thing we see is Philippe having a hidden life, scratching away on his violin like David Garrett...(a Perlman student, by the way)

Last edited by carolineleiden on 3rd February 2012, 11:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty3rd February 2012, 11:42

David Garrett? Here you are.... a German comedian project "Der Familie Popolski"
recorded in a real flat...

Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty3rd February 2012, 11:46

One of the comments on YT said about Garrett:

"The only reason to kick David out of my bed would be to do it to him on the floor".

The good thing about rock artists is that you can actually make jokes like that without offending half a million people.smile
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty4th February 2012, 12:34

carolineleiden wrote:

The good thing about rock artists is that you can actually make jokes like that without offending half a million people.smile

True, Caroline, and is a great advantage!!.
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty22nd February 2012, 20:22

I´m not quite sure if I may post here also the non- classical artists, but I allow myself to introduce you my " pop" - favorites. That means, the both are " living " in my headphones very closely to our One and Only Monsieur Jaroussky.

I think, the both guys are really very talented musicians and singers .

Well, the first one is Mika

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the second one is Matthieu Chedid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I hope, you´ll enjoy this little " introduction". embrace

Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty22nd February 2012, 20:35

I love Mika too! He is a great singer and he's perfect for a blue day! party

The second one I didn't know him, however I'm not into modern music except Caro Emerald, I love how she and her band sound!
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty22nd February 2012, 21:13

Pilarddcc kiss

Mika is very intelligent and tasteful musician. I like this song very special....

blush

Do you like the song by Matthieu ?

Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty22nd February 2012, 21:20

Yes, it's very beautiful! agree I like very much his timbre and he seems a very vital person.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2012, 00:25

Artaserse, yes, I figured you for a Mika kind of guy. This Matthieu I have never heard of.

Good pop voices...hmmm...

Annie Lennox [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Alison Moyet [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kate Bush [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mick Hucknall [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Paul Carrack [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Brian Ferry [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Robert Palmer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But I must admit there are very few pop artistst with a good live performance every time. Very few. They cannot hold a candle to classical singers.

Last edited by carolineleiden on 23rd February 2012, 09:46; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2012, 05:29

Artaserse,
I've never imagined I would start a day with listening to Mika at 6 o'clock in the morning, as I 've never been very interested in pop music... but he is good, and this Matthieu guy too, so thanks.

Caroline's list is a bit longer, so I'll save it until I get back from work. smile
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2012, 06:29

When it comes to pop/non-classical I listen to a lot of singer-songwriter stuff, but it's not always purity of voice I go for when I like a song/singer, more the music as a whole. I do love Odd Nordstoga, he's a kind of folk-singer-songwriter-musician from Norway. He's very versatile; he can sing very traditional Norwegian folk music (stev), play accordion, guitar, banjo, piano/organ, harmonica++. His style is usually a mix of folk and typical singer-songwriter sounds, but he's also thrown kind of jazz vibes into it on occasion. I admire his songwriter skills, his arranging skills, his versatility, creativity and shy boyish charm smile I've been to a lot of his concerts so my old youtube channel is full of Odd Nordstoga videos: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

smile

The most recent vids are from his concert in the opera house of all places, where he had invited a soprano, they did some numbers from the Magic Flute!
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty23rd February 2012, 07:46

SJuli

So ....then- I may be proud to " seduce" you to Mika and - M-? Very Happy
Thanks for your appreciative comment !

Matthieu is an very sensitive musician, also composer! For example

...and here something to dance with!

carolineleiden

He he heeeeee....yes, Mika´s looks are also extremely... you know.... heat censored

And of course, don´t forget the " Queen" !!!!!!!!!

karenpat

This voice is a bit too ... squeezed to me. But the tastes are different and that´s good! good

SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty24th February 2012, 21:56

Aaaah, I've just realized, dear Arta, that these are from the soundtrack of "Un monstre a Paris"! It's advertised a lot on children's channels, and I think I've heard "La Seine" at least a hundred times in the past weeks -- accompanied with a loud "Mommy, I want to see this moooooviiiieeee!" by my sons! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty25th February 2012, 12:21

SJuli

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Laughing I watched this mooooviiiieee only because of - M-!

Try to got it in original French because in English version his charismatic voice was replaced by Sean Lennon and it is ...hm hm....NOT good. bad

Have you seen the " real " video for "La Seine"?

SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty26th February 2012, 20:59

Sure I have! I've been browsing YT for his clips half day!
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty28th February 2012, 22:36

Have you ever seen this secret treasure? Cool

Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty28th February 2012, 23:01

Looks a little bit like the start of Andreas Scholl's career..... Laughing Sorry, Andreas
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty28th February 2012, 23:15

Everybody has a past! rofl
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty29th February 2012, 07:27

2:26 looks like they couldn't find a habit long enough for Andreas Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty29th February 2012, 07:29

Eeeeeee-k! Don't give up the day job, Andreas!

A.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty29th February 2012, 07:40

AYYYYYY!!!!! WHAT A GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By far better than " Modern Talking"!!!!!

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty29th February 2012, 09:53

Sooo funny!!! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Other voices
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next