Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Other voices

Go down 
+23
Radazenobia
mon 1650
temp
Egbertine
AlexanderBendo
hHarpsichordk
Morten Sletten
Astarto
Joanna
*JaRoWi1647*
Nenuphar
SJuli
Artaserse
tuffy942
Pilarddcc
Rosamunda
karenpat
Vivaldi
Jarofil
Saskia
Duffy
Artemis
carolineleiden
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Morten Sletten

Other voices - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty22nd April 2013, 23:28

Thanks for the YouTube-link to Xavier Sabata! A video which sticks to your brain. He's a strange character with a divine voice... He recorded the album & used the same orchestra (Il Pomo D'Oro) & recording facilities as Max Emanuel Cencic did. I got my CD in the post today and now I've heard it three times already. - I love it! Beautiful!

After the last aria has ended there is a hidden track. - Does anybody know the name of this? - It's a real gem! - By Handel, of course, but which one and from where? Maybe someone knows!
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty25th April 2013, 08:37

We all know that Philippe practically owns "A-aaaaaaaaaaaalto Giove" but Max's version is interesting too. I had to listen to it four or five times (terrible punishment, he he) to fully appreciate Max's version. As far as I know, Max has not recorded this, so I guess this is "live" - could somebody please correct me if I'm wrong on this?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty25th April 2013, 15:04

It's beautiful, Artemis, but I'm so affecttionate to Philippe's rendition that it's difficult to apprecciate other. I like his vibrato, it's very different from PJ's technique. The comments on this video are quite interesting even if I do not entirely agree (obviously!)

And what do you think about this one?

This piece is one of my favourite's ancient music work, I love Philippe's video in Haute Voix. So funny and mischievous! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty25th April 2013, 16:42

Hi, Pilar,

I think Max's and Philippe's versions of "Alto Giove" are both gorgeous but completely different and I love them both. We're so lucky these days to have countertenors of the calibre of Max and Philippe to compare and contrast! inlove

I hadn't read the comments on the video but I have now and, of course, I disagree! no-no! There are so many armchair critics and self-appointed experts on Youtube that I tend to let most of the comments wash over me (unless they are of the really obnoxious variety like those of the late, unlamented serenaluce and arpeggio)! wink

I'm a real sucker for Benedetto Ferrari - and I like Fagioli - but not in this repertoire, I'm afraid. I think his voice is too big and too showy for it; I prefer Philippe's more intimate version.

Fagioli is much more at home in arias like this, although I almost fell of my chair laughing at the beginning because I thought he was about to burst into "Una voce poco fa" - good old Rossini, another master re-cycler Laughing ...

A.

Last edited by Artemis on 27th April 2013, 10:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty26th April 2013, 13:32

An very nice review ( in Spanish ) on the new program ( new CD ) of L´Arpeggiata - 'Mediterráneo'!

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty26th April 2013, 15:19

Yes, I think, Fagioli is real good. But he is often over the top, showing up. Sometimes he seems to be not so well advised, concerning the choice of the pieces. When he sings "Si dolce e tormento" I ask myself if he knows what the piece is about. And, I hope you'll forgive me, I can't help being reminded of Mrs Bartoli very often when I listen to him. I prefer Max with his unmistakable sound and style.

Last edited by Duffy on 26th April 2013, 15:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty26th April 2013, 18:51

Thanks Jana! If you need any help?

Duffy, I completely agree. He imitates Bartoli's technique and yes, sometimes he seems to forget what the aria is talking about.
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty26th April 2013, 19:34

Hmm... Fagioli's Ferrari simply bores me.
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty26th April 2013, 19:54

Vocal similarity is not the only characteristic Mr. Fagioli shares with Mme. Bartoli - he's also a prize "gurner" which can be very off-putting at close range - but he's unsurpassable at what he does well - i.e. show-stopping bravura arias ...

A.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty27th April 2013, 18:15

Maybe you are interested?
Tomorrow night will be broadcasted a baroque concert on ARTE.

Emmanuelle Haïm with the hr-Sinfonieorchester Frankfurt (>"Baroque Plus+")

ARTE: In the night from Sunday to Monday (29.04.2013)
Time: 0:05 (midnight)
Katherine Watson (soprano) and Samuel Boden (tenor)

• Lully: Suite aus »Le Bourgeois gentilhomme«
• Purcell: Suite aus »The Fairy Queen«
• Rameau: Arien und Duette aus »Castor et Pollux« und »Dardanus«
• Rameau: Suite aus »Naïs«

The concert took place in Frankfurt/Germany > November 2012

A small television cut... 2 minutes... and info:

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty28th April 2013, 22:41

Sjuli,
the same for me. Franco Fagioli simply doesn't reach me....I listen and think that he is really good, but I don't feel any emotion. Like a circus attraction.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty28th April 2013, 23:09

Exactly Duffy! Fagioli is really amazing but he doesn't tocuh, maybe his overacting has something to do too. Wacthing him life as Arbace was surreal, his voice is wonderful but I didn't enjoy the whole acting/singing.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty28th April 2013, 23:20

With all due respect to everybody, this is beginning to look a bit like Fagioli-bashing to me. I understand that Philippe rates him very highly, by the way ...

A.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty28th April 2013, 23:36

I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned this was not my intention at all, I only wanted to express my personal view about an artist in a friendly enviroment. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty29th April 2013, 09:28

"Giulio Cesare" in MET!

Only 6 days left ! ))))

( Is it only my impression or Sesto is really out of breath and tune? blush )

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty29th April 2013, 10:02

Jana,

Alice was coughing (badly) when she walked offstage at the first interval, which wouldn't have helped with the breathing. I think that the Met. is not the ideal stage for baroque opera singers who are just not used to pitching their voices to accommodate a hall with an approximate capacity of 4000 seats.

A.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty29th April 2013, 13:12

Artemis,

poor Alice... depressed Maybe she should do the same as M-m Dessay with replacing her because of illness (by M-m DeNiese)....

I just like this McVicar´s staging too much and compare the cast... it would be really tempting to see Philippe as Sesto there, with my favorite Cesare - M-m Connolly , M-m DeNiese as the perfect " Bollywood"- Cleopatra and Mr. Dumaux of course as unmatched Tolomeo .

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty29th April 2013, 15:08

Artemis,
sorry, you like him obviously, but this is the place for personal opinions, isn't it? I pointed out what I feel about Franco Fagioli, I didn't command anyone to do the same. And, with all respect, I don't even care whether Philippe likes him or not. I appreciate "Chacun à son goût".

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty29th April 2013, 15:44

Duffy,

Please, let's not fall out over this. My comment about Fagioli-bashing was because that was how I perceived it. Wrongly, apparently. Yes, I do like Fagioli but only in certain repertoire. I think he's brilliant at the show-stopping bravura stuff; I don't think that he is capable of scaling himself down to anything that requires him to be a vocal miniaturist, so I hope he won't be singing Dowland or Mélodies Françaises any time soon!!! Pax.

A.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty30th April 2013, 19:13

About the so-called Fagioli-bashing, I don't see anything wrong with expressing one's opinion. Saying that a singer is good but doesn't touch you emotionally is a fair point to make. Sometimes I have that feeling about singers, sometimes their voices grow on me (as was the case with Fagioli for me, actually), sometimes they don't. Sometimes I prefer one singer for a specific aria but then have another favourite when it comes to another aria - that's just how it is. I have to say the discussions/expression of personal opinions here is sooo much more constructive than the comment sections on youtube - let's keep it that way! friends
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
temp

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty1st May 2013, 09:04

Someone called Fagioli a helden-countertenor, and someone else wrote somewhere (sorry about the lack of the precise reference) that Fagioli may be the first countertenor to sing Mahler. Whether we like his voice or not, I think we all appreciate that his Arbace was/is the showstopper in this production of Artaserse. It will be interesting to see how he will develop from here.

One thing that Fagioli has done to me in the opera is to remind me how most extraordinarily beautiful Philippe’s voice is. Philippe often talks about keeping a child in his voice. I think he really succeeded this in Artaserse. Amongst all the other wonderful countertenors, Philippe is the only one who can remind us the voice of a treble and what it can stand for. Oops. Sorry, this thread is about Other voices. I’d better stop talking about Philippe.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty1st May 2013, 15:11

Did you see this?

MEC posted the link himself on facebook. I have to say it was very interesting, it made me respect him even more as a person, he seems to be a very hard worker smile
Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty1st May 2013, 17:51

Does someone have a link of the HD of Giulio Cesare from the Met with Daniels?
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: for forum   Other voices - Page 5 Empty1st May 2013, 20:03

A great voice: Julia Lezhneva — a very sympathic woman.

A small TV presentation on "Arte+7": "Metropolis"
Start > from 34:20 to 38:40 (only the next days)
German language:
>And here; ZDF (german TV):

A nice interview > english language:

Great that Julia Lezhneva and Philippe Jaroussky
will appear together on January 2014.
Pleasure! — Live!

Last edited by Saskia on 3rd May 2013, 20:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I add a link more > ZDF (the same broadcast) — Maybe longer avaiable ?)
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty1st May 2013, 20:24

Vivaldi
If you mean the radio transmission:

Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty1st May 2013, 22:05

Temp:

"One thing that Fagioli has done to me in the opera is to remind me how most extraordinarily beautiful Philippe’s voice is. " I agree completely
Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty1st May 2013, 22:48

temp wrote:
Vivaldi
If you mean the radio transmission:

Thank you temp. I meant the video. But thanks anyway!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty2nd May 2013, 12:08

At Musikfest Bremen this year - some interesting concerts!

25.08. 13 and 27.08.13 - "Lucio Silla " by Mozart with Marc Minkowski, Rolando Villazón, Olga Peretyatko ....

28.08.13 - " Mediterraneo " with L´ Arpeggiata, Christina Pluhar, Mísia, Nuria Rial and Vincenzo Capezzuto. dance

- " L´Incoronazione di Dario" by Vivaldi with Accademia Bizantina and Ottavio Dantone as also :
Anders Dahlin, Sara Mingardo, Delphine Galou, Riccardo Novaro, Franco Fagioli, Yuriy Minenko.

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty2nd May 2013, 14:34

I'd love to see Anders Dahlin again, one year after Caravaggio.....
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty3rd May 2013, 14:33

At 09.05.13 on ZDF - documentation " Donna Leon´s Venezia" with Joyce DiDonato!

Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty8th May 2013, 19:33

Maybe, listen to radio?

Marie-Nicole Lemieux flowers and Jean-Christophe Spinosi flowers
Ensemble Matheus

Vivaldi · Haydn · Rossini

NDR Kultur (german radio)
Sunday > 12.05.2013 · time: 11.00 – 13:00
(The concert took place in 2012 > Bremen Music Festival.)

Information:
A livestream here too: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty8th May 2013, 23:12

To all who may be interested: There is a really nice and funny video "carnet de bord" made by L'Ensemble Matheus concerning this event in Bremen:

Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty24th May 2013, 13:09

In case anyone's interested; mp3s of a recital with Damien Guillon/Le Banquet Céleste, broadcast a couple of days ago. smile

Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty13th June 2013, 20:23

A very nice concert is broadcasted on the radio —P2 live— (Sweden).
You can listen now!!! — or maybe only few days more.

Freibruger Barockorchester  >  Stockholm Music Festival 2013 
The concert was on 8 June 2013.

Listen now: http://sverigesradio.se/sida/gruppsida.aspx?programid=4427&grupp=18793&artikel=5561562

Click on the sentence: — P2 Live: Stockholm Early Music Festival 2013—  (wait a moment...).

Enjoy. 
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty27th June 2013, 09:11

Handel's Poro, Rè dell'Indie with will Fagioli as the King of India will be broadcast on Radio3 on 27 and 28 June at 2.00 pm. The programmes will be available for 7 days.

I don’t know this opera but will be interested in hearing Fagioli in the title role. The performance includes some great singers.

Poro, Indian King ..... Franco Fagioli (countertenor)
Erissena, Poro's sister ..... Sonia Prina (contralto)
Gandarte, Erissena's lover ..... Kristina Hammarström (contralto)
Cleofide, Poro's wife ..... Veronica Cangemi (soprano)
Alessandro, King of Macedonia ..... James Gilchrist (tenor)
Timagene, Alexander's general ..... David Wilson-Johnson (bass)
Basel Chamber Orchestra
Enrico Onofri (conductor)
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty27th June 2013, 09:53

Thanks, Temp! I'll try to listen. I too will be interested to hear Fagioli as Poro (since the rôle was created for Senesino and should suit him well) and it's a recording of a live performance. I also think Kristina Hammarström is fabulous. There is also another recording with Fabio Biondi and Europa Galante with, amongst others, Gérard Lesne.

A.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty27th June 2013, 13:17

I think it's the same that I recorded and posted links to upthread smile
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty27th June 2013, 14:04

" To give sometimes a gift
That is a good way to catch attention for excellent voices and concert houses."
flowers

More examples for livestreams > online > nice gifts:
Concert:
For opera fans:

And the people who don´t get TV "France 2":
14. July 2013 > time 21:30 > concert Paris > with Philippe;
You will find the livestream here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wave

Last edited by Saskia on 30th June 2013, 13:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : -)
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty27th June 2013, 18:09

Oh Saskia, thank you so much for the France 2 link!!!
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty27th June 2013, 21:35

And thanks also for both the livestream links, Saskia. flowers The production of "Trovatore" seems to be generating a lot of excitement amongst female opera fans - must be something to do with Jonas Kaufmann's bewitching curls crazy ...

A.
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty28th June 2013, 19:43

karenpat wrote:
I think it's the same that I recorded and posted links to upthread smile

Dear Karenpat
My apologies. I am a complete non-techie and don’t do download, so I missed your recommendation.

Did you hear it?
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty5th July 2013, 00:35

Saskia, thanks a lot for France 2's link!!
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty5th July 2013, 12:35

You`re welcome!
But please — thanks to "Duffy" too. clapping 
I remember that it was his original massage to us
about this website some month ago. Good tip!!!

>>> Finally, we are able to watch online on 14. July:
"France 2" (+"France 3"+"France 4"...and more)
> "Schöner Fernsehen" = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

By the way:
Maybe interesting for some of you:
Nice gift too = Livestream / + in cinemas: Hippolyte et Aricie · Rameau Glyndebourne · Conductor: William Christie
It will be streamed live on 25. July 2013, information:

Kiss to all. wave 

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty17th July 2013, 20:17

Don't know where to post this, but there's lots of good stuff coming up France 3, Arte and Mezzo (mainly for Cencic fans) ... wink 

A.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2013, 17:40

"Mon cœur s'ouvre à ta voix" music music music 

Found here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Marie-Nicole Lemieux · 2013

good 

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2013, 22:10

Very nice and funny staging! Wonderful Valer Barna- Sabadus as Menelao! "Elena" by Cavalli ( live by ARTE ):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty3rd August 2013, 23:33

Thanks, Jana!  Long live ARTE Live Web! Can't wait to settle down with a nice glass of burgundy + Valer ...Very Happy 

A.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty4th August 2013, 16:10

Thank you, Jana! flowers 

You will find the opera "Elena" on –ARTE Live Web–:

french website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
german website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Saskia on 7th August 2013, 16:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Now — the opera "Elena" is online on german website too.)
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty15th August 2013, 07:46

This evening: Live broadcast from Geneva > Radio: "Espace 2"

The excellent ensemble CONCERTO KÖLN
and Nuria Rial (soprano)
> Bach + Händel

Today:   around 20.30  > Geneva, live
Date:     Thursday > August 15, 2013

Info: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Listen live > RTS "Espace 2":  http://www.rts.ch/audio/espace-2/3262362-espace-2-en-direct.html?f=player/popup
( alternative listening:  http://espace2.radio.de/ )

Last edited by Saskia on 16th August 2013, 09:12; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Attention: now or around: 20:30!!! (not on 20:00) + new links)
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty16th August 2013, 09:08

... the excellent concert: CONCERTO KÖLN and Nuria Rial

The broadcast is avaiable until 15 September 2013.

Go to the website "Espace2"... or here the link and "click" on the blue botton "ECOUTER":
(15 August)

Part 1 > maybe, start after: 34:00 minutes to time 1:30 give rose 
The radio break is filled with an other artist and an other ensemble... "ufff"
(time 1:30 to 1:50 )
Part 2 > start after: 1:50 ...

very beautiful...enjoy... flowers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other voices   Other voices - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down