Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Bremen 15th November

Go down 
+2
Duffy
Pilarddcc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

Bremen 15th November Empty
PostSubject: Bremen 15th November   Bremen 15th November Empty16th November 2013, 00:26

Anyone was there? The concert was in a small venue and it felt very cosy because everyone could see and hear them well. I didn’t like very much the orchestra, it was quite loud for my taste and sometimes a bit messy because there were two concductors! Even though it was a great opportunity to listen for the very first time some excerps that are going to be the first record of Niobe, regian di Tebas. It was amazing to see live Karina Gauvin and Jessy Blumberg. I still have to get used to Gauvin in this role and sometimes I missed Amanda Forsythe, who was doing a beautiful Manto. Gauvin was great in “Amami e vederai” and I have to say I love Bartoli’s rendition. On the other hand I didn’t like her duet with Terry Wey, “T’abbraccio mia diva”, I’m sorry guys but Jaroussky/Bartoli’s one is very very difficult to match!angel

Philippe was dashing and relaxed in his suit. He startaed with a very beautiful and loving “Sollievo dal mio seno”. He had such great airs and duets! Unfortunately in “Dall’alma stanca”, the orchestra was too loud and he was singing in an amazing pianissimo, so I hope in the broadcast we would hear him better. He was at his best in the second part, especially in “Dal mio petto”, truly mesmerizing! The bravura air “Tra Bellici carmi” was the jewel of the crown! Everything was just perfect, his breath control, his fast and furious trills, his colour, and so on, it was really hard not to clap!!! I’m looking forward to have this CD! happy happy

Anyone else who want to share his/her impressions?
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Bremen 15th November   Bremen 15th November Empty21st November 2013, 21:18

After almost one week of "recovery" I post my little review today. It was really wonderful. All the artists did a great job. I must admit I didn't like Terry Wey so much, compared to Philippe he was one-dimensional and rather inexpressive. I adored Jessye Blumberg, Karina Gauvin and Amanda Forsythe and last but not least, José Lemos. A real stage animal. You all will have seen it yourselves in the meantime....but back to Philippe, he simply left the others standing. His ability to transfer emotions, to slip into the character he is playing is unique. As the singers were placed behind the orchestra, his voice was unfortunately nearly inaudible during the piano parts of Dall' alma stanca, but the recording turned out perfect. (sigh').  When he sang the death aria, there was no coughing, hardly any sound in the hall. I almost cried, but I then I postponed it till I saw the video at home....cry .
Don't consider me theatrical, but I am sure we are all lucky to live and see this fantastic artist now.
Were there any competitors coming up? No.  think bow 
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Bremen 15th November   Bremen 15th November Empty24th November 2013, 11:17

I completely agree with you, we all need some rest after attending a Philippe's concert, it's always a very intense experience heat  I also loved Jesse Blumberg, but I'm still not so sure about Gauvin as Niobe. The recording is amazingly better than I expected, I enjoyed so much with "Dell'Alma stanca", there was no interference with the music: perfect!!

It's true, there is no competitor around, I'm sorry but in counter-tenors realm he is the only one who really is a complete artist! clapping 
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Bremen 15th November   Bremen 15th November Empty8th February 2014, 20:08

Niobe - Regina di Tebe

Radio:
Radiobremen / Nordwestradio (NWR)
15th february 2014 · Saturday
Time 20:05
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Livestream on the website / or try here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

TV · Arte · the whole concert
(maybe available until May 2014)
Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: Bremen 15th November   Bremen 15th November Empty19th February 2014, 00:23

Je pense cette information doit être ici?

"Niobe" avec Philippe et Karina Gauvin à Amsterdam (2015-01-27):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Bremen 15th November   Bremen 15th November Empty19th February 2014, 08:22

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!  happy   Thanks Kelalla!  flowers  Looks like individual bookings can be made from 1st June onwards. I guess the Concertgebouw doesn't differ from other concert halls in as much as subscription holders will have priority booking - reason enough to have fingers poised on the button on June 1st! I wonder if this is a tour and whether it will be calling at other concert halls?

A.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Bremen 15th November   Bremen 15th November Empty19th February 2014, 20:18

Kelalla

Many thanks for the news!
 flowers 
I guess, it will be part of "Niobe"- CD Tour .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bremen 15th November   Bremen 15th November Empty

Back to top Go down

Bremen 15th November
Page 1 of 1