Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nanina

Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty
PostSubject: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty8th November 2011, 06:03

I was there, I was in Boston!!! happy
After 14 h long trip by bus from Geneva, NY I reached this amazing city finally. Before concert it was promised pre concert talk. I hoped that Philippe will talk but speaker was Jeannette Sorrell. She said that it is the only concert in church with this program and it gives her opportunity to be closer to public than in case of concerts in big concert halls. She talked about Vivaldi and Handel as a composers and about their music and told that this concert is giving opportunity to compare musical fire works of these two magnificent an at the same time ambitious composers. Then she talked about project with Philippe Jarousky and where from came this idea to make this joint project. It was really amazing to hear that one ordinary day she got unexpected mail from Philippe Jaroussky`s agent that Philippe has seen her works in Youtube videos and he adore her work and loves to work with her and her ensemble.
So……. dear youtubers this information is especially for you. Your unrewarded work is very useful and fructuous. Your uploads are using superstars like Philippe Jaroussky and also ordinary people who are becoming more educated in music by your videos that are made with sole love. Thank you for that. I think singers and musicians have to be proud if they are popular in youtube. At least it is additional advertisement for any person. And it is absolutely for free. People nowadays are using internet more (you tube in this case) than other possibilities for getting information.
She was talking about Philippe very nicely. She told that yes, he is a singes, but at the same time he is a great musician and artist of the highest level and it is very interesting to work with him.
It was also time for asking questions. One question was if Philippe is going to record CD with ‘Apollos Fire’. Answer was that they didn`t talk about it yet but she will ask him after concert smile . I don’t know what they decided but probably answer will be positive smile , hopefully.
Concert was awesome of course, with 3 encores. Between different musical peaces it was given brief explanation by Jeannette Sorrell. Ensemble was playing fabulously and voice of Philippe was melting in the air with sounds of music. People were excited. They remembered his Anfione and were talking about this opera all the time. America loves Philippe Jaroussky and especially Boston. May be that’s why Philippe was in a very good mood after concert. He was smiling and shining. I will also tell you some gossips that I have heard from very friendly American people; secret One week ago it was concert of Andreas Scholl at the same place. American people love him. They liked that after the concert he was signing CDs dressed like a baseball player, with baseball cap. But when they were comparing voices of those great singers they liked Philippe`s voice much more because they found it sweet and warm. I have talked with several people that started listening classical music after they listened voice of Philippe. Even people why hated voice of countertenors, they also changed their mind because of his voice and especially because of his interpretation of music. I can say that name of Philippe Jaroussky `s voice is “Welcome to Opera”. His interpretation of Barock music is easy to understand for professionals and for just music lovers. That is what I really like about him. Probably it is coming from his personality, from his humility, meekness and gentleness. I think it is very hard to find so unspoiled superstar. When he was taking photos with people he asked: Is it OK if I put my hand on your shoulder that way smile He was so cute smile I was sorry about him that everybody wanted to take a photo with him… but…. when I went to him for signing my CD I also have asked about it. Soppy Philippe, but temptation was too big... blush I had a tiny hope that may be he remembers me from Germany, because he remembered my name when I have seen him in Stuttgart after Bad Kissingen, but he didn`t, unfortunately. cry I was ashamed to ask if he kept book with medieval Georgian chants that I gave him in Bad Kissingen just for sharing with music that I also love very much. I hope that he didn`t leave it in Germany somewhere in the trash. It is better to think that he has forgotten everything because he was tired and because of the jet lag. By the way because of the jet lag concert must be much more difficult for him in US. It is more than two weeks that I am here in US and I am suffering because of this problem until now. He arrived several days ago and he is travelling all the time from one city to another in this huge country. It is really very hard job. Bravo Philippe, it is almost heroism! clapping bravo! I think I have to stop. I am talking too much.

Oh, By the way, This information was distributed in concert: To download of Philippe Jaroussky singing "Fra le procelle", please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
enter access code : 59T3SK3XFC
For more Jaroussky, plus a 30 % discount on his alboms, please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Emmanuel Church in Boston on 5th. November.   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty9th November 2011, 17:32

I want to share with you the amazing concert I assisted last November 5th in Emmanuel Church in Boston. I was very excited about this concert I had met Philippe Jaroussky in Mexico, in the Cervantino Festival, in Guanajuato and it was very impressive and amazing. Since then I wanted to hear him again and the opportunity arrives in Boston, I spent some days in New York with my dear cousin and then I went to Boston. The concert was with The Apollo´s Fire Orchestra and Philippe Jaroussky playing Vivaldi and Handel , the first time I knew about Jaroussky was with the aria Vedro con mio diletto and to hear it in live represents the an amazing experience , the orchestra was amazing my favorite was “ La Follia “ ( Vivaldi) and Jaroussky as always was amazing during and after the concert. I enjoyed the experience a lot… but I have to say that the concert with the L´Arpeggiata in Guanajuato was better in my opinion, I felt Philippe closer to the audience in that concert, maybe is because I was in a better place or the language… However everything was very nice and the Boston Festival was very good. He told me at the end of the concert about his spanish CD with L´Arpeggiata, this CD will come on January of the next year, with songs of Musica Sudamericada and Mercedes Sosa!... so nice! I can´t wait to have this CD. Thanks Philippe. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty10th November 2011, 17:03

nanina I was there too... and I was very exited also... I wanted to ask him if he remember me but I was ashame to ask!... In Guanajuato I gave him a present , now in Boston I gave him a " Catrina", it´s MExican Art... I hope he willtake it, but I also know that he is very busy and has a lot of things to think about.... so I wouldn´t feel bad if he forgets it. I´m happy that you enjoyed the concert it was amazing. I´m from MExico,and it was a fantastic oportunity to hear him.
Back to top Go down
nanina

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty10th November 2011, 22:51

Wow, I am very impressed that you came from Mexico to hear him dear Gisotiza. That`s not easy, really. clapping One year ago I could`t imagine that I will ever listen his live performance. Sorry, but I am from relatively poor country and my salary is not so high. This year I have got two scholarships, one from Germany, second from US that gave me opportunity to realize my dream. I really don`t know if I will get another chance to attend his concert ever. sorry If he will not decide to come to my country of course. Please, do it Philippe! hide My Georgia is pretty nice country. sunny
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty12th November 2011, 18:59

Yes I went to Boston from Mexico, I really wanted to hear Philippe Jaroussky again in my life, I had to save my money, I´m a teacher and a Plastic Artist, so I don´t have a lot money either, but it was fantastic. I want to hear him again next year... and at the end of the concert he was so nice too.

nanina, where are you from?
Back to top Go down
nanina

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty12th November 2011, 21:26

Hi Gisotiza, I am from Georgia. It is small post soviet country, not state of the US. smile
By the way I have seen golden (as I remember) box on the table of Philippe. Probably it was from you. smile I was very curious to know what it was inside. blush Thank you for telling. I gave him 3D photo of Jupiter with my wishes, because my favorite arias "Alto Giove" and "Come Padri e Come Dio" both are about Jupiter. He laughed and started joking that now he will sing with this photo. It was very funny. Laughing
Back to top Go down
nanina

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty12th November 2011, 21:43

And if you assisted concert may be you remember me, I was there from 6 P.M. I was in a purple rain coat and with backpack. I think I was only one with backpack in Early Music Festival. smile I didn`t have a time to go to the hotel and leave it there.
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty13th November 2011, 03:03

Wow you have to travel a lot to go to this concert... great!!.... I think I remember you.... if you go to the conference I think I can remember you.... I gave him that box !! jejeje.... I can show you a picture of what is inside, is a " Catrina", is for " Dia de muertos", or Dead days... is a paper art, he tought it was about Halloween, but then I told him what was it about... my mail is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if you wish you can write me there and share more experiences about Jaroussky agree .... is always nice to know about people who loves Philippe.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty13th November 2011, 11:26

Gisotiza
nanina

You are very welcome and thank you both a lot for sharing your precious experiences! flowers flowers

It is an really great thing- two people, from Mexico and Georgia went to Boston for only one concert and then - meet each other here, on this Forum to share their happiness!
( May I start to be proud ? blush )))))
Back to top Go down
nanina

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty13th November 2011, 13:34

For sure dear Jana, you have to be proud! sunny
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty13th November 2011, 16:25

Of course you should be very proud, Jana , thank for share this place with us, I know that we are here for one amazing voice and human. Thanks, because you know what this means to us.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty21st November 2011, 12:56

Dear Co-Fans who have been in Boston:
Have a look at this :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know, this is not an official video, but it's really, really good...what a voice! swoon

Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty21st November 2011, 16:37

Thanks for sharing this Duffi!, it was very special, and you make me remember that beautiful nigth!
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty21st November 2011, 20:46

Thank you, Duffy!

Upps — and there are more videos about Boston in YouTube...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] swoon

— No one sings like him. Pure aesthetics! —
— He is the best artist — the best countertenor: In ancient as in modern times!

Have you ever listen to —Scherza infida— (Händel, example: Venue =Versaille)

His interpretation has expression, each note is skillfully,
soft and loud at the right moment...
His voice moves my soul and ... and many deep and sunny souls ...
sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty21st November 2011, 22:46

Saskia

"Se mai senti..." is my absolute favorite of the Vivaldi arias. When he starts singing it feels as if he opened his arms to embrace the whole audience, and at the end you are sure that you've felt the tender breeze. hugs
Back to top Go down
nanina

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty22nd November 2011, 03:49

Dear Duffy and Saskia,

Thank you for sharing links of BEMF. give heart

Anna from Boston is a real treasure in youtube. She uploaded whole BEMF concert. happy
"Niobe, Regina di Tebe" is also from her. king queen

When Philippe was singing "Venti turbini" it was a pause for a couple seconds 2:38 and everybody laughed.
I was sitting bit far from the stage and didn`t understand what has happened. From recording it is clear that it was little bit misunderstanding between Jeannette Sorrell and Philippe Jaroussky. He thought that it was pause and she wanted him to start singing.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty22nd November 2011, 11:08

Dear Duffy! — I agree with you! friends

Dear Nanina! — (...break or continue... sweet missunderstanding...?) whistle

I have great respect: Every second day a concert, travel, jet lek and
yet another hotel bed. The sensitivities of all people in the team.
Then all the people after the concert. give rose

Yes — Philippe Jaroussky has highest level ever.
And — the music from Handel and Vivaldi requires a lot of mental strength.

When Philippe Jaroussky sings, it looks so easy.
I would like to show him how to build the strength back.

ENJOY his concerts... sunny

Back to top Go down
nanina

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty21st January 2012, 05:42

Fuse Classical Music Review:
Enjoy! smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11   Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boston with "Apollo´s Fire" on 5.11.11
Page 1 of 1