Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments

Go down 
+8
Astarto
tuffy942
Artemis
rikkapijemy
*JaRoWi1647*
Vandea
Pilarddcc
Duffy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Duffy

Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty
PostSubject: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty9th June 2012, 00:36

It was charming, funny, tragic and moving.. Two great singers. Acoustics a bit weird. Highly recommended program. Much fun in Essen.
Btw.Pur ti miro was one of the encores...

Last edited by Duffy on 9th June 2012, 18:07; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty9th June 2012, 01:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Only 19 days left for me!
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty9th June 2012, 01:19

Oh Duffy you where there, too?

It was a great concert! Both interact so well together and you can see that they have fun to sing together. Ok, the accoustic was indeed a bit weird, I think it was because of the Seitenschiff (?) in that church.
I sat in the last row...and we heard an echo. Don´t know what the cause was, if it was only in the back rows, because of the balcony over us or if it was in the whole church.

Jana we will definitly enjoy Essen.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty9th June 2012, 08:58

Duffy

Quote :
Pur ti miro was ohne of the encores...

Oh my! heat MNL for Nerone? crazy
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty9th June 2012, 17:58

Dear Duffy
Happy that you have spent a good evening
Could you tell me if the program matched that announced, because I go to Paris next week, and - the advice of Philipppe - I prepare this concert (search for texts, relocates the actions...)
Thank you soo much
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 07:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by *JaRoWi1647* on 11th June 2012, 13:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 10:03

Hello to all,

just to avoid any misunderstandings, the critic didn't write about amplification, he meant a backing or reinforcement of the "angel" by Mme Lemieux. Philippe wasn't amplified.

Apart from that, I think it is a bit annoying to describe Mme Lemieux as a singer having a "valkyrielike radiation". She represented every character perfectly. And she is a very nice and sympathetic lady. This is just as unnecessary as discussing Philipp's shape in Giulio Cesare.... sad
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 10:25

Yeah...she wasn´t in any way Valkyrie like. As you say Duffy she represented the characters, which makes it more vivid. I think most people have problems with it. Classical singers have to stand still in concert....stupid.

Ahh, and see in that review was also mention the terrible accoustic of that church..."echoing church"
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 11:03

I'm afraid that discussing a singer's shape seems to be par for the course in a society that is becoming increasingly obsessed with physical appearance. There was a thoroughly disgraceful incident a few years back when Deborah Voigt was sacked from the ROH (Covent Garden) because the powers that be thought that she would not look good in the slinky little black number they wanted her to wear as Ariadne. A slimmer (and in my view, inferior) singer was hired. Ms. Voigt had the last laugh, though. She lost a lot of weight (via surgery) and later sang the same rôle at the ROH (and elsewhere) to great acclaim. It's to her credit that she didn't tell the management at the ROH to take a running jump ...

Sadly, if singers like Jessye Norman, Montserrat Caballé, etc. were starting out today, they would probably have difficulties getting hired.

Oh, and there's some moron posting on You Tube claiming that Philou is "morbidly obese"!! Clearly, this poster has perception and perspective problems and needs help!

A.

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 11:38

Unfortunately this kind of judgement is quite common. Yesterday I found this article in a Spanish journal about Montserrat Caballé:

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 12:33

Did anyone ever discuss Pavarotti's weight?

Artemis,
the poster you mentioned surely is motivated sexually. Let's just leave it at that.
I don't care. You should have heard him sing the lamento of Idraspe on Friday night.
He is more and more pushing the limits. Pure emotion. bow

Last edited by Duffy on 11th June 2012, 14:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 13:05

Duffy,

Luckily for him, Pavarotti was active when it didn't matter quite so much. If he were a young singer today, he'd have problems re hiring, I'm afraid. Johan Botha, hired to sing Otello at the upcoming Met. season, has to put up with a lot of unfair criticism because of his weight. Doesn't anyone just LISTEN?! And who needs a skinny heldentenor, for heaven's sake?!

I will be (I hope!) hearing Philou singing Idaspe later this week in Paris. Was this "Ombra fedele, anch'io" that he sang? If so, I might need my smelling salts ...

Quite frankly, it's his voice that I love - if Philou looked like the side of a house, I wouldn't care. The fact that he is drop dead gorgeous is a BONUS!

A.

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 13:17

Duffy

Of course, the meaning was the "reinforcement", I ´m sorry for my very bad English.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 13:28

Artemis,
it was Dove mi conducete / Uscetemi dal cor, lagrime amare
But take your smelling salt, he'll get you in any case ! cry
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 17:59

WHat is everyone talking about?????Please explain!!! I have been dying to know how was his concert with Mme Lemioux and that has to do with PJ's physique how???
After seeing him as Sesto and being amazed at what a wonderful singer he is ?
Jeeze Louise!!! This is very confusing!!
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 18:15

Tuffy,

Sorry, we're getting totally off-topic (again!). I was responding to some rude and totally uncalled for remarks about Mme. Lemieux in the German press ...

A.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 18:17

Tuffy,
sorry it apparently was off-topic....

Last edited by Duffy on 11th June 2012, 20:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 19:54

I´d really prefer to discuss the musical things here and to enjoy our nice conversation about our favorite and beloved performers, great musicians and very friendly persons M-me Lemieux and Mr. Jaroussky ( as well as all the other, you like and adore) , but please- they are so wonderful , let them be themselves - they are still so open and patient with us, we must be grateful for all this and do not pay attention for any bad crazy trolls who try to bother all with their annoying comments.

I also guess, to compare M-me Lemieux with a " Walküre" was rather an compliment for a German review. warrior
Back to top Go down
Astarto

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 21:20

That "review" was typical for the "journalism" of our time: A person who knows nothing about music, and often has difficulty with copying information from google without putting in mistakes, looks, as our age is a visual one, then writes what with his prejudices mind he saw, adds some "information" found via google, repeating the most tired clichés about the artist in question, and thinks this to be very original. Most of us could write something much better without even hearing the concert, but well...

I have one very good ticket for the concert in Baden Baden on June 24th, one of the first rows, middle of the row, available for the original price. If you are interested, please contact me via p.m.

Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 21:40

I do not know if I can correctly translate the newspaper article mz-web.de, so maybe I'm wrong if I say that comparing a Valkyria MN Lemieux is not an insult, let alone a German newspaper. Marie Nicole has a voice with a power, an extension and a fire that could sing "Der Ring des Nibelungen" complete. This is a huge praise if he says a German. I do not think it refers only to his physique.

It's like when compared to Philippe with an angel. I think.
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 21:52

I would translate "walkürenhaften Ausstrahlung" with "valkyre like vibe/ charisma"
I think it wasn´t ment her voice there, much more her appearance.
That´s why I´m saying she wasn´t in any way like a valkyre, she was acting what she was singing (and I don´t say she couldn´t do the valkyre, I think she would be great as a valkyre)

If you like, I can try to translate it tomorrow for you.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty11th June 2012, 22:16

Thank you very much, Vandea!
If you could translate only the passage which speaks of MN Lemieux and the Valkyrie, I appreciate it.
That way I could better understand the article. good

Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty12th June 2012, 12:09

Sure, I will it try it tonight!
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty14th June 2012, 22:31

I´m sorry I totally forgot the translation. I´m ill and laying down. sorry

But I will do it when I feel better.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty14th June 2012, 22:54

Do not worry, Vandea, please.
I trust completely in your opinion on why MN Lemieux compared with a Valkyrie.
Get well very soon. flowers
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty15th June 2012, 12:54

Thank you Rosamunda

Back to top Go down
Apogonglouton

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty16th June 2012, 14:28

I went with my wife to the TCE show in Paris yesterday evening.
It was great. thank you
Both singer and the orchestra showed talent, and generosity and got the applause thy deserved. clapping
By the google translation the article doesn't seem so rough with Mrs Lemieux.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty17th June 2012, 16:43

Rosamunda, the article is absolutely not negative about MNL, only positive. That she has such an abyss-deep voice, and has a great stage personality, and can go from sad to playful in an instant. Walkurenhaft means just a voice type, big and powerfull. In the Fach- divisions they have a special categorie for that: the Wagnerian soprano/alto/tenor/baritone etc. It means strong enough to hold its own with the overload of sound that Wagner produces.

Only compliments. (Also for Philippe.)

Vandea, get well soon. Fortunately I speak German too. smile
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty17th June 2012, 20:53

Thanks, Caroline, that's exactly what I thought, but I did not know if I'm wrong.
Marie Nicole would be a perfect Valkyrie or the entire set of contralto-Valkyries.
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty19th June 2012, 08:23

I could not say better
A big and intense happiness
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty19th June 2012, 10:30

The review is great! however I can't share "voix asexuée"...

I'm longing for being in Valladolid give heart
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty20th June 2012, 07:27

Super, rikkapijemy ! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments   Halle 8.6.  Tourbillon des sentiments Empty

Back to top Go down

Halle 8.6. Tourbillon des sentiments
Page 1 of 1