Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!

Go down 
+10
*JaRoWi1647*
Nenuphar
Duffy
SJuli
Artemis
Artaserse
carolineleiden
Rosamunda
tuffy942
Pilarddcc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
SKNinHawaii

Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty3rd March 2012, 18:40

Astarto: Thank you for seconding my analysis on Selenalunatic. smile No matter what we go through in life it is "you" to make what kind of human being "you" want to be. She is in my eyes made and making bad choice being so spiteful. Her obsession is perhaps comes from anger she has within herself for not being treated justly and passed out with opportunities and she has not come to terms with herself. Instead of learning and making the best potential she has she continue to be a hater. no-no! In my belief, cause-effect are simultaneous and she is suffering in a way by being voted down !! If she is Spanos, he is simply stupid. If she is Spanos fan she is damaging him tremendously as you said. devil I will continue to "tumb down" for her sick behavior. It is ironic that this sick and obsessed woman picked PJ
who is in our eyes such a great human being to attack and stalk with her spiteful
comments. I sure hope PJ understands this type of human behavior is her own problem and not take it to his heart. yes
Back to top Go down
Astarto

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty4th March 2012, 22:52

Yes, SKinHawaii, I am certain that a person who attacks others with hatred in effect damages themselves most. Only most of those people are too stupid to realise that.
I very much hope that serenaluce is not Spanos, but am worried that many people will believe it to be him. It must damage Spanos´ career indeed. A pity.

You are absolutely right, such persecutions have absolutely nothing to do with PhJ, and one can just hope that he knows this clearly. (And that all the people who read those comments also do.) Obviously, such stalkers just choose the person who is most successful and pursue them, completely independ of who that person is, their personality etc. They don´t perceive the real person at all. It is really the success they are persecuting, those deplorable embittered people who see nothing positive in their own life. Of course, in many such cases such stalking will be their only chance of getting a little limelight for a while - by publicly trying to be accociated with someone who is in the limelight. Really pitiful.

Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty5th March 2012, 00:16

Astarto:

I think Selenalunatic is not Spanos. Analyzing my personal correspondence with her and she had a similar contact with Carolinelieden, I don't think she cannot fake herself so long. think What Carolinelieden said match to mine and I think Selenalunatic's twisted mind is overlapping herself with Spanos and comes out as if she is the Spanos. sad Her reply shows sometime it must be him but I think it is not. The most trragic thing is that she hooked up/hanged up on this "very mediocre CT" from Greece whose voice is not even good and his technique so poor and missing out on more beautiful, more meaningful experiences musically, as she thinks she is in quest of great Baroque music and she knows so much about everything. As if she heard and know Castorati. Did you notice? shock She thinks she is an authority about those subjects. affraid But it is her life and choice. She must be thinking the same about us. So what is beautiful, profound and extraordinary?? All up to the beholder. embrace
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty7th March 2012, 23:29

Astarto (and all),

Yes, the best way of dealing with "crudefurie" (as I prefer to think of her) is to just keep pressing the thumbs down facility. Some uncharitable people (well, me!!) might think that her bizarre Jaroussky obsession borders on monomania and needs medical attention. She also appears to have an over-inflated ego - are her thoughts on Philippe of such pith and moment and so insightful that the world really needs to be on the receiving end of them on a daily basis? But she is not nearly as clever as she thinks she is; not once has she ever managed to come up with any convincing musical argument to justify the hateful things she says about Philippe - which is why she has to resort to cheap jibes and vulgarity (which sadly she mistakes for wit) and ad hominem attacks on posters who try to defend him. I hope Philippe is not upset by it but when you are as admired as he is, you also have to deal with the occasional haters.

A.

A
Back to top Go down
Astarto

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty8th March 2012, 19:11

Artemis,
Crudefurie may not be as clever as she thinks she is, but of course she does not come up with any convincing argument against PhJ because there is none. Sure, all a question of statistics: If someone has 10000 admirers, he will also have a few detractors. Good sign if event these do not find any convincing arguments, though! And I agree that it is monomania, but as PhJ was "chosen" quasi by coincidence for being successful anf nothing else - obviously not because it was easy to criticise his singing!!! - he need not worry about it at all, and I hope he doesn´t.

Back to top Go down
Carol Ina

Carol Ina

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty8th March 2012, 19:49

There is one thing I really cannot understand. If this Serenalunatic lol does not like Philippe, why does she spend the whole day watching his videos and writing nonsense comments about him? I really cannot follow this. It is fine by me if she is so mad about Spanos, I think everybody can have an opinion, but I hate heavy metal, and I would not spend the whole day writing comments in AC/DC videos how much I do hate their music... What I mean is, if you don't like something, just don't watch it, and you will save a lot of negative energy!

Regards to all of you, I really love this forum!!

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty8th March 2012, 20:17

You're right Carol Ina, that's exactly the point! She is totally out of control and she checks on daily basis PJ's videos only to post her comments...
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty8th March 2012, 20:54

Astarto: what you have said about "Selenalunatic" is right on. I have always thought she is monomaniac. we should just disregard her as one of those detractor PJ's fame and success brought in although I never wish this to happen to of all the people PhJ !!

Carol Ina: As I see "Selenalunatic" she is monomaniac and she has deep seated problems. Her life and Spanos overwraps perhaps, and PhJ is the epitome of what they don't have and attacking PhJ with fierce jealousy became her obsession. Pity that she uses her energy for such a negative and spiteful behavior. Pity that Spanos is brought out to open to the public his mediocrity, his unattractive voice and musicality. She should left Spanos quietly in his world where he is accepted and well received. He is just not an world class countertenor, but that is my personal opinion. Monomaniacs behavior is such that goes out in all directions with jealousy, hate, persecution complex, inferior complex etc. I think.
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty8th March 2012, 23:26

I ´d beg you all to do not go offensive to the other artists .

You may have different tastes , but if you want to send to the doghouse one certain person , please leave alone all the innocent victims of this monster .
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty9th March 2012, 00:23

Artaserse: Not liking Spanos is my personal taste and judgement and i think I said that in my previous post. I have other artists I dislike because of the type, quality of the voice, repertoire, artistry but that is my own taste. Therefore I do not go on to the artist's site I don't like and attack them like this person. I listen to all the countertenors I can possibly find because I like the countertenor's voices the most and I form my own opinion. My opinion on Spanos has nothing to do with "selenaluce" and I am sorry you thought I am sending him to the dog house. My opinion and measurement I have make judgement who has the best voice, artistry in Baroque singing technique is strictly my own formation after listening countertenors since Alfred Deller. I finally found the countertenor whom I like from the every aspects. I feel pity on Spanos but to say I like his voice, singing and he is good artist is very hypocritical of me. If I cannot voice my opinion on this forum I will not post anything in the future, might as well.
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty9th March 2012, 07:29

I´m very sorry, I do not want to bother someone here ( I´m just reading the posts ) but it look already a bit like kind of masochistic enjoyment - talking so much about trolls instead just to ignore them.

I´m sure, your " subject" is happy to be such a hot thread . Even that must be avoided, methinks.

Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty9th March 2012, 22:08

Where the Wild Things Are!!!!!! scary
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty10th March 2012, 17:09

SKNinHawaii

As I can see, Artaserse also just "voiced his opinion on this forum".

Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty10th March 2012, 19:37

Ignoring haters on YT is the only way to deal with them. If you feed them, they just grow, just like Gremlins.

But we need this place to vent our disapproval of them. There is only so much spewing of hatred any person can take. It just goes on and on, it does not serve any purpose and it never stops. Why? It's just exasperating.

As for Spanos: I do not particularly like the hootiness of his voice, but I would rather bite of my tongue than say that as a comment on one of his video's. It is just my personal opinion, so why would I bother other people with that opinion, which would only hurt the feelings of a hardworking artist, who is also a nice guy. What would I gain by it ?

Last edited by carolineleiden on 11th March 2012, 12:17; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty11th March 2012, 11:06

I jsut can imagine one less lucky admirer of Mr. Spanos, who search something about him, types his name by Google and debarks here........................Pietá, signori!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty12th March 2012, 23:24

OMG, my post above has unleashed all the fury of hell on YT in a Spanos video of Je te veux....poor uploader who gets all that crap on his channel....

Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty13th March 2012, 23:41

Carolineleiden, you're in the midst of an epic battle!.
You have to convince you, once and for all, to discuss with crudefurie and co. is talking to a wall but a wall that screams! scary
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty14th March 2012, 00:52

I've given up and blocked them both. I usually never (almost wink ) do a drastic thing like that, because I do not believe in giving up on people, I like to leave a door open, but this is just too crazy. crazy

Right now I am being accused of being too harsh in my criticizing, and to think this whole riot started because I felt that madame Crudefuries critiques were too harsh, not to say rude, offensive and personal attacks, and maybe she should stop that because it is not very nice. But now I'm the bad guy.

Unbelieveable. I ALMOST never criticize ANYBODY, nomatter how bad they are.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty14th March 2012, 07:50

Carolineleiden,

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this if I were you. As far as "crudefurie" is concerned, ANY critique is too harsh. The distinguishing feature of the Spanos You Tube videos is that they are the most god-awful gush-fests - any critique (however oblique) will be met with very short shrift. Only comments along the lines of "Bravissimo, Nicholas" and "The best version of (name-any-aria) on You Tube" are considered acceptable. One of the uploaders was even musing about two people who had pushed the "dislike" button on one of them and what could be done about it. Perhaps they were planning to make the "culprits" write "Nicholas Spanos is the Greatest Countertenor in the World" on a blackboard 50 times if caught! Ironic, considering they appear to condone "crudefurie's" behaviour on Philippe's videos.

For the record, I am not a Spanos detractor - I quite like (but no more than that) his voice despite the "hooty" quality (he's in good company there - I think James Bowman is "hooty" too!). I'm even going to see him later this year in a pastiche of "L'Olympiade" - largely because I'm curious and also because I would never pass final judgement on any artist until I had heard them live (unlike some people!). From his videos, I suspect that he does not have the undefinable "star quality" and easy platform manner of my favourites - Philou and Maxie - but we shall see ...

A.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty14th March 2012, 12:55

Well, apparently Spanos has already read the fight on his video, and he is very sad about it. I talked to a friend of his, explained how all this started.

Philippe must know how he feels, since this is exactly what goes on in dozens and dozens of his video's...and all I wanted was for that to stop.

All three of us have already apologized on YT. Maybe Serenaluce realises now what she does to Philippe is as awful for him as it is for Nikos now. And then maybe, who knows, something good may emerge from all this.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty14th March 2012, 13:02

OMG, I can't believe that this fight has arrived so far! It's absurd, I used to think that Serenaluce has something personal against Philippe but now I totally sure that she's out of her mind. She's a terrible ambassador for Spanos, poor thing! I don't think she's going to stop, neither do I! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I'll keep ignoring her comments and thumbing them down, it's the best strategy, she will eventually get frustated and bored if nobody answer her comments. I actually hope Philippe doesn't read those comments but I am afraid he does. I guess it should be interesting for him knowing anonimous opinions about his work.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty14th March 2012, 13:17

Yes, let's hope that this will now stop. No hard-working artist deserves to have a load of vitriol poured all over him. There's a huge difference between legitimate, constructive criticism (which I think most artists would welcome) and personal attacks and character assasination - to say nothing of spreading untruths about an artist whilst safely hiding behind the anonymity of You Tube. I am not surprised that Spanos is upset - any artist with any degree of integrity would be.

A.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 09:31

I heard it from the horses mouth that Spanos would love to do some music with Philippe together one day. He does not share the anger his fans feel for Philippe, but has great respect for him imstead. He feels there is no need to divide the world into Jarousskyans and Spanosians, and rightly so.

If that ever happens, the Spanos-camp is going to get a heartattack! I myself am very curious what the outcome might be if those two got together on a stage.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 10:46

Indeed! Well said, Spanos! When artists themselves are frequently so generous in praise of other artists, I really can't understand why the "fans" have to resort "my singer is better than your singer" arguments and indulge in the dubious practices of "crudefurie" and company. I thought the days of the "claque" were over. One of the most heart-warming things I ever saw was James Bowman waxing eloquent in praise of Andreas Scholl on a TV programme about countertenors. I have no problems with liking Philippe and Max in (almost!) equal measure and I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

A.
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 17:42

Artemis

Ha ha ha! " My castrato is better than your castrato!" - an eternal battle of the different clans of fans! We have soon to fight ... or to engage claques again! rofl
The best way would be even the one by Mr. Spanos - now, as he got such an great "advertisement" on YT.... I´m just not sure, whether Mr. Jaroussky were also eager to do it.
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 19:35

Carolineleiden: "the bad guy" is not only you. I expressed my opinion on YT and being attacked furiously by S and she refer me in her comment to other people quite often which shows how absurd she is. This whole thing is not fight between fans of two artists. It is a matter of a monophobiac woman who had the intention from the beginning to choose Philippe to attack, hate, insult based on her personal dislike, and the intention to gain attention on Spanos vs. good hearted people with decent common sense and respect to the others like you and many other people. We all know Philippe is the most successful and loved countertenor and by infiltrating his YT videos with her fierce hate comments she aroused attention to Spanos who otherwise would never have gotten the attention. So who is winning? "S" and "Spanos" Who is getting hurt? "Philippe" of all the person. he doesn't deserve this. This is really the worst outcome and I am very very saddened that "S"'s wicked, calculated intention is successful. She is laughing about us all now. She reads this forum and knows what we write. How sick is she?? I personally think "S" and "Spanos" are in a team of doing this from the beginning and continued s Philippe's artistic career really took of and flourished internationally. I feel personally dislike animosity amongst any people in any situation. But I feel "Spanos" is not in the same quality market as Philippe. I listened as many YT videos and aside of my dislike of his voice, artistry and his mannerism, I just don't think he has the artistic qualty for international market. Aside from one's likes/dislikes, there are undeniable matter which is "quality". I have a very uneasy instinct about "Spanos" who attracts such a personality as "S". In oriental old quote, it says "Same birds flock together" So Calorineleiden, you don't need to apologize to anyone, YT or this site. What you have been doing is courageous. I won't be surprised that I will be attacked by "S" on next Philippe's YT site :S" chooses to attack, for just what I wrote here !! She is wicked. Just leave her alone.
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 19:52

SKNinHawaii,

Saying that s. and Spanos are working together as a team is a bit far-fetched I think. He can't choose his fans or haters any more than Philippe can.
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 20:13

S Juli: It is my instinct and personal feeling. which I have said. What "S" has been saying and doing perhaps since three years ago, and what she is accomplishing now makes me feel that way. Have you read all her hundreds and hundreds of insults on YT on Philippe's video site? I analyzed by myself from those facts that this is intentional and some of my PhJ fan/friends has similar feeling. Look what this brought? Attention to "Spanos an obscure Greek tenor. Or, I am not allowed to say my feeling of all the places here in this"Forum" ? My more insightful friends has been saying all along that this is calculated action by other countertenor. Yes a singer can choose fans, support her actions, anything possible in these days. Spanos could have stopped this vicious insults and slander of his fan "S" long long time ago if he so chooses. He has every access to "S".
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 20:29

S Juli: I repeat, if "Spanos" has had a common decency and respect to the other artists, he was able to stop his fan "S" long long time ago and not let this go on and on. Did you read what Philippe said in the latest interview? He thinks countertenor is a big family now, he is truly happy that attention and limelight placed on countertenors, his genre of music world wide and he feels this attention also give him enormous responsibility to excel in his art !! What a great person and artist!! This is my feeling only again, I feel Philippes success brought this fantastic period of countertenors and baroque vocal music. To hurt and slander such an good hearted person like Philippe is simple wicked. I feel, this is my feeling, "Spanos" could have acted sooner to stop this. If this goes on I don't trust him as a decent human being. He seemingly expressed his sadness about this. Instead of thinking about going to sing with Philippe, why doesn't he take action to stop this lunatic "S".
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 20:41

Even if I believe that Spanos has nothing to do with Serenaluce (at least I hope so!), SKNinHawaii made a good point. If he actually knows about her and her insidious comments, he should do something to stop her. It's a matter of savoir faire, don't get you dirt with this crazy woman and try to tell her she's not doing anything good to his career. It's pretty lame!

However I agree with other people in the forum, the best thing to do is ignore her and thumb her comments down, she will eventually be banned. It's the best thing we can actually do for Philippe and not to give her more pubblicity.
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 21:25

Pilarddcc:

Thank you so...... much for understanding my point of view. I felt all along why Spanos doesn't stop his fan "S" from attacking, insulting other fellow countertenor ? He let it go too far too long. He has every access to "S" if he really wanted to stop and contact her. Some of my friend even thinks "S" and Spanos is the same. "S" made two comments indicated to me that might be possible but then I think in "S"'s crazy mind she crosses over and make comments as if she feels she is Spanos himself. In anyway, calling attention to Spanos "S" succeeded, but same time "S" gave Spanos great damage. For one, I don't trust Spanos' charactor nor condone his silence. When YT viewer read her vicious comments, some will turn away, some get curious to look into Spanos video. "S" took that chance and has been successful. If I were Spanos I stopped "S" long time ago before "S" escalated to this point where she repeats same awful slanders on "Philippe's major video sites". To ignore the "wrong" you are committing the same "wrong". When you have strong desire nothing is impossible. Therefore ignoring his fan's heinous actions against fellow artist, Spanos is responsible. How can he stand his lunatic fans slandering Philippe for three years or more? I cannot help to think he must not care or has such a big ego and enjoying this. I don't loose sleep over it but I care greatly and this is the only place i can write my opinion about this.

Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 21:30

I am so happy Philippe has so many loving defenders!!That woman was poisoning the whole musical you tube world and I for one was sick of her hate. If Spanos himself has not wanted to be connected to this, good for him. I have also heard him and I wasn't too impressed with the hootiness. But Philippe is too much of a gentleman and fortunately he has this whole group of friends bravo! angel devil all kinds who love him. clapping

TROLLS SHALL NOT PREVAIL kiss
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 21:39

I totally get you SkNinHawaii agree , when I opened this topic I was furious about Serenaluce's behaviour, now I understand what we should do. The forum is a great place to talk about it and I wanted to read your opinions about that since I'm a newcomer and I was so surprised about her stubborness...OMG three years stalking PJ's videos, doesn't she have a live or a job?

Tuffy: Yes, it's great to feel at home here! Spanos is over for me, I only listened to him once but I decided not to do it again because I feel he is not doing the right thing. I fear we're too much spoiled by that gorgeous French gentleman inlove
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 22:05

Everybody,

Many artists have a "lunatic fringe" amongst their fans - Philippe as well, judging by some of the comments on You Tube and elsewhere. Spanos is unfortunate in as much as he has attracted a spectacular loony who goes way off the Richter scale of loonydom! I can't think that he can be too pleased about it - she seems blissfully unaware that her comments reflect far more discreditably on her and Spanos than they do on the object of her derision.

I take the spreading of lies about Philippe far more seriously; there just does not seem to be any enforceable libel laws for cases like this. I believe there is legislation in place but as far as I can see it is virtually impossible to enforce. Any lawyers out there, please correct me if I am wrong on this.

I am actually amazed that "crudefurie's" You Tube account has not been closed long ago. There must have been plenty of complaints over the years. Maybe, You Tube should adopt a "three strikes and you're out" system!

Mr. Artaserse,

I just love your idea!! We should hire ourselves out - "Claques "R" Us"!!

A.

Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 22:35

Tuffy & Pilarddcc: Yes, Philippe has loving fans. His success and popularity has opened up and inspired many countertenors future single-handedly. it came long ways fro the 1960 when i first came to know Alfred Deller. Philippe opened new world of countertenor and my wold of music. Loyal and faithful fans like you contributing every bit to Philippe's success.

As for the "S" I agree Artemis totally. Why YT does not act? Also why Spanos does not contact "S" anfd let her go on slandering not only fellow artist Philippe ("S" only
attacks Philippe as some of you don't realize/) but other posters. When my friend
being attacked with vulgar insults, I comment. When I care, I act. But 99% of the time I ignore"S". Spanos keeping silence, I figure he doesn't care. If I have such a
lunatic and rude fans(to other artist and fans) I will do my best to ask her refrain her rude behavior. It is simply inhumane not to and ignore for three years and more !!

Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty15th March 2012, 23:06

I spoke with Spanos'webmaster, and Nikos himself has neither the time nor the inclination to get into the whole YT thing. He doesn't read anything there. And wisely so.

That being said: Nikos Spanos is a nice guy and a hardworking artist, who has absolutely zero connection or responsability for what his fans do or say. He apparently ignores it completely, and that is always the best solution. Some people cannot be stopped. Nikos has no means of controlling this.

There is one solution in keeping the screaming raving haters quiet: If anyone ever catches her or any one else in this act again, we should make a public promise in our response that we will probably be able to opress our heartfelt desire to start doing the very same thing in all of Spanos'video's, but if she does not stop immediately, we will not be able to control ourselves any longer.

Fight fire with fire. The cold war with its mutual assured nuclear destruction has kept the world at peace for the whole second half of the twentieth century, so let's apply the MAD doctrine on YT as well.

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 00:37

So, Caroline, your proposal is answering Serenaluce's attacks in Spanos's videos? Or I missunderstood?

I don't want to enter in this war, specially because there is no such a thing. Here we have a crazy destructive woman and a patient and polite young man. I know that's not Spanos fault but his manager or he should do something. Keeping silent about her actions is like being on her side, because being neutral at the ends is worst than doing something. If you see someone doing something unfair or wrong and you don't react you're supporting it by omission. I'll keep watching Philippe's videos and sharing my opinion and of course, I'm thumbing down the offenssive posts as I usually do. I will never answer her poisoned comments, it's nosense!
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 02:11

Carolinelieden: I didn't quite understand your suggestion. I thought you have said
to ignore "S" in earlier comment. In any case I do not consider this as a war. I think
more as a one eccentric woman's behavior affecting us Philippe's fan and neutral YT viewers alike. Happiness is based on positive mind, thoughts and actions I believe
and those who live against these profoundly creative value has eventually take tolls on themselves. Everything is interconnected and only positive and creative action leads us to change the negative external circumstances. Spanos will be the one of positive influence to change "S" who is emitting this negative energy into something better but he doesn't see it. I continue to chant and pray in my own way that we and Philippe will not be affected by "S" and I will continue to watch Philippe's video and put thumb down as a form of postive action and ignore "S".
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 06:36

Everybody,

Please, no countertenor wars - or claques (my comment to Mr. Artaserse was a joke!) -please, please, let us not descend to "crudefurie's" level; there are much better things to spend one's energy on. Myself, I'm just about to catch a train to see Cencic as Nerone and I hope he'll be a great one. Max will provide balm for my soul - not "crudefurie" and her inane witterings!

A.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 09:46

1- There will be a fair warning

2- If she doesn't start again, I won't start either. It is all in her hands. I will wait and see.

3- Sometimes you have to stand up against somebody if they are walking all over you. It is like with a bully on the playground. They always pick on the kid who does not hit back, but as soon as he does, the bullying ends.

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 10:59

Artemis: Enjoy your trip! I wish Cencic great success!
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 13:58

Everybody,

Bad vibes beget more hate and negativity. I would though try to complain again to you tube and maybe sign a petition to have S permanently banned. You tube should not participate in spreading this kind of virulent hate. Watching out for Philippe is one thing. Descending to her level is another. I have asked her on line if she is deeply unhappy about her life that she feels this need to be mean. no-no! We can keep pestering the powers that be at you tube about controlling their end. They should never have let it go on. And keep spamming her comments.
And using the happiness of another countertenor's voice - specially Max - is a balm for the hurt! Have a GREAT time,Artemis!!!
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 18:29

User comments

Most videos enable users to leave comments, and these have attracted attention for the negative aspects of both their form and content. When Time in 2006 praised Web 2.0 for enabling "community and collaboration on a scale never seen before", it added that YouTube "harnesses the stupidity of crowds as well as its wisdom. Some of the comments on YouTube make you weep for the future of humanity just for the spelling alone, never mind the obscenity and the naked hatred".[171] The Guardian in 2009 described users' comments on YouTube as follows:

Juvenile, aggressive, misspelled, sexist, homophobic, swinging from raging at the contents of a video to providing a pointlessly detailed description followed by a LOL, YouTube comments are a hotbed of infantile debate and unashamed ignorance – with the occasional burst of wit shining through.[172]

In September 2008, The Daily Telegraph commented that YouTube was "notorious" for "some of the most confrontational and ill-formed comment exchanges on the internet", and reported on YouTube Comment Snob, "a new piece of software that blocks rude and illiterate posts".[1
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 18:34

Community policy

YouTube has a set of community guidelines aimed to reduce abuse of the site's features. Generally prohibited material includes sexually explicit content, videos of animal abuse, shock videos, content uploaded without the copyright holder's consent, hate speech, spam, and predatory behaviour.[145] Despite the guidelines, YouTube has faced criticism from news sources for content in violation of these guidelines.

This is part of Youtube Community guideline. more to come please read..............
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 18:46

User comments

Most videos enable users to leave comments, and these have attracted attention for the negative aspects of both their form and content. When Time in 2006 praised Web 2.0 for enabling "community and collaboration on a scale never seen before", it added that YouTube "harnesses the stupidity of crowds as well as its wisdom. Some of the comments on YouTube make you weep for the future of humanity just for the spelling alone, never mind the obscenity and the naked hatred".[171] The Guardian in 2009 described users' comments on YouTube as follows:

Juvenile, aggressive, misspelled, sexist, homophobic, swinging from raging at the contents of a video to providing a pointlessly detailed description followed by a LOL, YouTube comments are a hotbed of infantile debate and unashamed ignorance – with the occasional burst of wit shining through.[172]

In September 2008, The Daily Telegraph commented that YouTube was "notorious" for "some of the most confrontational and ill-formed comment exchanges on the internet", and reported on YouTube Comment Snob, "a new piece of software that blocks rude and illiterate posts".[173]

So, this is what Youtube's reality. We only watch Philippe's video so we don't know the whole aspect of Youtube. It is tragic that people abusing Youtube site
which could have served for the informative and enlightening purposes. So it is up to us individuals what means to protest "S"'s behavior or simply ignore.
Back to top Go down
Astarto

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 20:16

Well, I agree, SKinHawaii, that Spanos should do something to stop this "fan" of his. If he says he just ignores it, this means that he takes the benefits - because those comments are making him much better known than his singing - but is not willing to admit what is happening. Can you imagine if a fan of PhJ wrote terrible things about another countertenor regularly over months, and PhJ could write to that person, that he would just ignore it and let that person continue her hateful course? I am absolutely certain that he wouldn´t. Spanos could write to her once; if the she doesn´t react, well, at least he would have done his best. As she must somehow "love" him, Spanos is the only person who might be able to influence her! I do not exactly admire him for this behaviour, I must say. Frankly I feel angry about it. And if I understand correctly, he was sad only about the fact that his own videos are "spoiled" by strange comments, but not about what is being done to PhJ. I find this not exactly fair.

But, carolineleiden, I am strictly against "fighting back". I am certain it is the last thing PhJ would ever want. As we know, he is an extremely empathetic and kind person and I am sure he is proud that we, his fans, are such a nice bunch, and fair towards other CTs also. Please let´s keep it this way. Who fights back against a troll, in whichever seemingly clever way, just gives them more attention, and that means more energy. And creates more violence in this world. Do we want that? It is the last thing I would want to do, and I am sure PhJ would be shocked about it.

Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 21:26

Astarto: Thank you for your clear and strong message for not fighting back to troll "S"
I am sure that PhJ would be very saddened if his fans react and fight back to "S" no matter how persistent aggressive PhJ hater she has been. Let us not be affected by her negative energy and thank PhJ for enriching our lives with his music. I think we can send him positive energy and wish him good health and greater success. I know he would like that much better.

As for Spanos, if he refuses to see what his fan "S" doing to PhJ, his fans and neutral admirer he is not much of human being. He can be only positive influence to "S" to refrain from her eccentric/abusive action on PhJ's site. If he continue to ignore what is going on around him, I cannot stop to think he is enjoying "mixed" benefit from this which is "attention" and "exposure". Carolineleiden, how much do you know Spanos' reaction on this matter? Did he really said he likes to sing with PHJ some day? Why you say Spanos is good guy? I see a whole different picture here. His silence, uninvolvement, his comments etc. adds up to his indirect-involvement.

Back to top Go down
Astarto

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 22:27

Anyway, sorry, but if Spanos says he would like to sing with PhJ, I personally find that not too respectful towards PhJ, but rather cynical, when on the other hand one of Spanos´ fans is deriding PhJ and he just ignoring that. I feel angry about this. Does he mean to imply that he is on the same level as PhJ? Well, to my taste there are at least 100 CTs who are better than him. – But maybe he just wanted to express his respect for PhJ; then maybe he should practice a little more how to express himself clearly.

Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty16th March 2012, 23:01

Astarto: Thank you for your honest comment !! Spanos has to be re-born with more talent to be on the equal level with PhJ. This is so clear. Here is a "quality " involved. Why $1000 Swiss watch last 25 years without never been cleaned or no need of changing battery(my true experience) vs. $50 fashion watch? Why $300 "Cartier" man's belt hold it's shape, shine, stitches vs. $25 belt?(my experience-I gave as a gift) Why Vuitton's handbag never looses its original shape and resist scratch marks vs. other illegally copied counterfeit handbags(my frien'd experience)? QUALITY and PRIDE of the brand and the detail and craftsmanship they put in. There are 100 more wonderful countertenors in this world before Spanos. This is my personal opinion. As PhJ said it is the time countertenor have all the attention to their voice and artistry. They have to work hard to excel to answer the expectation from the fans and public. PhJ is willing to do that and I admire him for it.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty17th March 2012, 10:29

Everybody: it isn't fair to belittle a singer, just because one of his fans cannot stand another singer whom we happen to like. Personally I would be eternally grateful to have just one percent of Nikos' talent. I do not particularly care for his timbre, (just like Bowmans, he is in good company there!) and not all of his repertoire is my preferred one, but he is good. I do not hear any mistakes, he has his voice under control and he puts his heart and soul in it. He is a serious and hardworking artist and a nice guy who has great respect for Philippe.

He has even offered now to mediate in this conflict. Not that there is anything to mediate, because as far as I am concerned the conflict is over and all parties concerned will henceforth go their separate ways and no more harsh words will be uttered in the future. But it's sweet of him to even try.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!   Trolls everywhere and  a lot of  other things! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trolls everywhere and a lot of other things!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Talk, talk , talk!-
Jump to: