Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

SURPRISE SURPRISE!

Go down 
+4
Pilarddcc
rikkapijemy
Saskia
Vivaldi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vivaldi

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty1st November 2012, 19:07

Last week on 23.10 there was a gala concert for Marc Minkowski in Paris celebrating 30 years of Les Musiciens du Louvre. Some changes were made in the original programme because of cetain indispositions. The last section of the concert was highlights from Le Nozze du Figaro. The orchestra started to play Voi che sapete and suddenly in utter surprise Philippe Jaroussky appeared on stage to the utmost astonishment of all and naturally brought the house down! Then he joined the last two encores the first was Qui tollis from the Requiem with 8 singers only (one per part in a double choir movement) which was poignant and quite simply mesmerizing with Julia Lezneva soaring above in a most beautiful line. The other encore was the Credo from the Great mass with all the singers.
Expect the concert later this month (27 if I'm not mistaken) on MEZZO. Not to be missed and not only because of PJ.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: --   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty4th November 2012, 17:54

Dear Vivaldi, that´s great! flowers

Mozart Gala to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Les Musiciens du Louvre Grenoble (Lengh: 1:30 > concert: 23 October 2012, Salle Pleyel, Paris)

On mezzo tv:
26. November 2012 — time: 10:35
28. Novembre 2012 — time: 21:35

Jana gave the link (in the topic Media): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Great!

Last edited by Saskia on 4th November 2012, 17:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : --)
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty5th November 2012, 18:35

We can already see the concert on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It's until the 13.02.2013
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty5th November 2012, 21:26

Oh my God!! He is the most attractive Cherubino I've ever seen!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty6th November 2012, 08:03

Felipe will sing with Cecilia on November 13! God, what power
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The voice and the smile of Philippe[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and the voice of Marianne Crebassa and the smile she dedicated to Felipe.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Artemis

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty6th November 2012, 13:44

Thanks for the link, Rikkapijemy - Vive Arte Live Web!

Even though Philippe's rendition of Voi che sapete is magnificent, this is one aria that I really do prefer to hear sung by "mezzos in pants". I don't much care for Max's version either (and his more androgynous timbre is better suited to it).

Sorry to be the (probable) sole voice of dissent ...

A.
Back to top Go down
Croogix

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty7th November 2012, 04:38

Aww drat. The link provided to the webstream does not include the final encore with the entire chorus. The 8 part piece is there, but the recording skips over the last one. Sad What a shame.
Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty10th November 2012, 20:49

Artemis wrote:
Thanks for the link, Rikkapijemy - Vive Arte Live Web!

Even though Philippe's rendition of Voi che sapete is magnificent, this is one aria that I really do prefer to hear sung by "mezzos in pants". I don't much care for Max's version either (and his more androgynous timbre is better suited to it).

Sorry to be the (probable) sole voice of dissent ...

A.

Couldn't agree more. But in a concert like this it is more than acceptable, and I have the feeling that he was doing a great favor stepping in at the last minute, and not at all that oboius considering Minkowski don't really like countertenors and usually don't work with them.
Back to top Go down
broschette

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty21st January 2013, 02:31

Thank you so much for the link, Rikkapijemy.

I just watched Philippe singing Voi Che Sapete and I thought it was enchanting. As ever, he brought great warmth and tenderness to this delightful little aria and it was lovely to hear it sung by a man, as it should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty
PostSubject: Re: SURPRISE SURPRISE!   SURPRISE SURPRISE! Empty

Back to top Go down

SURPRISE SURPRISE!
Page 1 of 1