Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

"ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO

Go down 
+9
Duffy
SJuli
Pilarddcc
Croogix
Saskia
Nenuphar
*JaRoWi1647*
karenpat
Rosamunda
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

"ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty
PostSubject: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty20th October 2012, 23:21

Dear all:
November is going to be a wonderful month in MEZZO!
"Tourbillon", "Líncoronazione di Poppea" and ..... "ARTASERSE" live from Nancy!! drink
Here is everything:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty21st October 2012, 11:34

When will Poppea be broadcast? inlove and, if I may ask a silly question (maybe I've been living under a rock, I don't know)... what is Tourbillon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty21st October 2012, 13:04

karenpat,

" Tourbillon" is something like vortex.

Here is Poppea:

Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty21st October 2012, 14:34

*JaRoWi1647* wrote:
karenpat,

" Tourbillon" is something like vortex.

Here is Poppea:

thanks! I take a keener interest in Mezzo's schedule now that I have access to the channel and can record to disc! drink

My reason for asking about Tourbillon was because of the quotation marks; I wondered if it was one of Philippe's projects that I didn't know about... wink
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty21st October 2012, 20:40

karenpat,

as I have no access to MEZZO I really hope that someone (maybe you???) will record "Artaserse" and will make it possible to download it for all, who are not lucky like you!
Enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty21st October 2012, 21:59

I'll make sure to record all three, I will make m4v files of them but I'm not sure how to share such big files, I'll have to get back to you on that...
What I usually do when I record operas from Mezzo is to make a separate file of each act and set the target size to 700 MB because that makes for reasonable quality...so I can use sharing sites with 1 GB limit I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty30th October 2012, 17:50

Listen on Radio?

Extracts from Artaserse on "Radio Bremen" (german radio):

4. November 2012 (Sunday) · Name: "musica antiqua"
Time: Extracts between 17:05 and 19:00

Link to "Radio Bremen" / programm (german radio): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty7th November 2012, 03:47

Ah I can't wait for this to be recorded! I'm so very eager to see the live production of this magnificent piece, and I'm so happy that he's getting this month to himself! All the CDs coming out, DVDs, and this opera on TV... I think november should from here on out be dedicated to him. wink
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty10th November 2012, 08:32

I have pre-programmed the recording for tonight! However I won't have it transferred and converted into files until Sunday afternoon probably...in the meantime, what sites would you recommend to share the files? (I suppose I could try youtube if everything else fails, but it will require several smaller files and even longer time)

Last edited by karenpat on 10th November 2012, 10:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty10th November 2012, 09:56

I think you should try 4shared.com, I usually upload there my photos and I think the maximum is 15gb! Thanks a lot Karenpat!
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 11:30

I have good news and bad news; it was a spectacular show, but I seem to only have the complete 1st and second act + intermission interviews... I don't know how Mezzo miscalculated the duration of the show by so much - my recording is 3.23 hours long, we are now at over 3 hours and interviews during 2nd intermission....Sad I will however transfer what I have and upload some arias & the interviews to youtube...

UPDATE:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <--- interviews with Philippe and Max Emanuel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <---Opening/Sinfonia, where you can see the cast getting into their costumes
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <---Scene with Artaserse and Artabano
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <---Per pietà bell'idol mio
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <---Deh respirar lasciatemi
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <----end of act 1 with Arbace's aria
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] <---Bramar di perdere troppo affetto - Semira's aria

*sigh* this will take all night. stay tuned!

Last edited by karenpat on 11th November 2012, 16:39; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : links added)
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 16:10

Karenpat,

the interviews with Philippe and Max Emanuel have been “deleted because of their length”!!! What a pity! May be you can split them in two parts?
I’ve just seen your first uploads – thank you so much for it! flowers
It’s a beautiful remembrance of my evening in Nancy, where I was happy enough to see the premiere. Before I was able to write some comments in the forum, Jana wrote her detailed report – so what more could I add?

These mezzo recordings are now superbe for getting close-up looks at the scenes and the facial expressions, adding a lot of new details which one could not recognize so easily from the distance.
They should really publish it on DVD!
Thanks again for converting and uploading! thank you
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 16:42

oh! I forgot the interview was 20 minutes, I was just trying to save time....*smacks head* Just as well, I can have one file for each interview. I'm now converting the last of the arias from act 1, I'll do the interviews after that.
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 16:44

I have the complete opera. I will give links when I'm ready with the upload. smile

(I suspected that the calculation would be wrong, and pushed the button manually . Very Happy )

Last edited by SJuli on 11th November 2012, 16:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Saskia

PostSubject: --   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 16:45

Dear karenpat, a big kiss to you! air kiss 1

I was not in Nancy. Sad
So, I would be very happy to watch the whole tv-broadcast. give rose
(> Nowhere is a massage about a DVD in trade.)

karenpart — thank you!

>>> Dear SJuli — I big kiss to you too! Thanks.

Last edited by Saskia on 11th November 2012, 16:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SJuli thanks too!)
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 18:02

thank you SJuli!! then I'll finally be able to see Act 3! I was so disappointed when I checked mezzo.tv and the rebroadcast dates had been removed; I thought I'd never be able to see/record it again.
I'll still add some bits and pieces to my youtube though for accessibility...apart from the stress of realizing I'd missed out on act 3, it's been quite fun to have something else to do in the midst of exams bonanza. comp
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 18:40

Karenpat,
nevertheless, thank you very much for your effort to record it. I made the same experience when trying to record Giulio Cesare.....
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 19:19

SJuli wrote:
I have the complete opera. I will give links when I'm ready with the upload. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(I suspected that the calculation would be wrong, and pushed the button manually . [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )

Juli fabulous! And thank you that you´re willing to share it with us. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Karenpat

Oh what a pity, that happend to me to before. So I now how you feel right now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 19:25

Thank You Sjuli
I too had troubles with the recording
Hajra Magyar
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 21:31

Karenpat, Mezzo always does that, estimates less time than necessary. Although transmission of the opera was complete, can not be programmed accurately.
But ... Thank you for your efforts!

SJuli...Thanks for being so cautious!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty11th November 2012, 22:51

karenpat

Thanks a lot for sharing on YT! flowers

Meanwhile nightspell already make an DVD - coming soon ! happy
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty12th November 2012, 13:58

Here's my YT playlist:
feel free to download videos with software/online service of choice in case they go poof in near future.

It sounds silly but even though I only saw 2 of 3 acts I feel like I was there...I'm still high on feathers and glitter. party happy
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty12th November 2012, 15:28

Thanks for sharing your playlist , Karenpat! I was there on Saturday and feel I've witnessed something really unique. It's going to take me a long time to come down ... bow

A.
Back to top Go down
Lullamy

Lullamy

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty12th November 2012, 16:54

karenpat

Thanks a lot for sharing your videos!, thank you it's great to see them on YT
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty12th November 2012, 22:16

Artemis

You´re so right! That ´s the most exact describing of that magic - " something really unique"...
I still don´t believe myself in being there..... fly away
Please, would you like also to share your reflections? bow
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty13th November 2012, 07:43

Jana,

Well, I'll try a little bit later but I feel really inadequate to describe what was, for me, a total theatrical experience ...

A. (still in the clouds)

Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty16th November 2012, 19:55

For those who wasent' able- like me- to record the whole opera, Mezzo will give reruns in december
Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty17th November 2012, 02:06

Ahh mezzo, how I wish you were available in Canada inlove if only you knew how many French people there are who would watch your shows! As a side note, I don't want to sound pushy, so forgive me, but is a fan DVD of the performance on its way? I remember someone saying that they managed to record the full opera. think
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty17th November 2012, 08:10

rikkapijemy, thanks for letting me know! In the meantime I'm ready for my double dose of PhJ today... wink will record manually this time, even though it's not live..... blush
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty17th November 2012, 09:36

Thank you very much for that, Karenpat. I have to warn you, it's going to be an emotional threat..... :-)I'm eager to hear what you are going to think of P's lamento
"Uscetemi..." Kleenex acquired, I suppose... surprised
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty19th November 2012, 20:39

As for Artaserse - I can't and don't want to compete with nightspell's fantastic DVDs, so I thought I would stick to good old YT. Some of you have already found my uploads there. wink

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty19th November 2012, 20:56

Dear Julia,

A friend of mine told me this morning that he has discovered a great channel called "Non mi chiamo innocente" where there were great material, especially Artaserse!! I felt so absurdly happy when I told him I knew the owner!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty19th November 2012, 21:50

SJuli wrote:
As for Artaserse - I can't and don't want to compete with nightspell's fantastic DVDs, so I thought I would stick to good old YT. Some of you have already found my uploads there. wink

thanks! Now I'll be able to watch the infamous missing 3rd act at last give heart
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty19th November 2012, 22:02

Brilliant, Sjuli! Many, many thanks! Now my friends who weren't lucky enough to be in Nancy can enjoy it as well.

A.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty7th May 2013, 06:21

Yesterday I got an e-mail saying one of my Artaserse videos had been removed due to copyright claim. Today I got another one - one more and my account and all the videos in it goes down the drain. (Jana, you must know how I feel---) So I deleted all of Artaserse from my account. It's on youtube on so many channels now anyway. However I feel honoured that so many blogs etc linked to my videos when they were new; I know Parnassus used them on their fb page.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty7th May 2013, 11:18

I'm sorry for you karenpat! Thanks God we have nightspell's dvd [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty7th May 2013, 13:02

Same story here, karenpat!

I only hope it's a sign that they are preparing an official DVD... smile
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty7th May 2013, 19:29

I think I read about the DVD release in an interview with Max Emanuel Cencic....can't remember which one though. I assume the Parnassus Arts web site will have details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO   "ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO Empty

Back to top Go down

"ARTASERSE" live in MEZZO
Page 1 of 1