Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June

Go down 
+8
Mercè
carolineleiden
tuffy942
SJuli
*JaRoWi1647*
Lullamy
Artemis
Pilarddcc
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty
PostSubject: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th March 2012, 17:48

Dear all,

If someone wants to attend to this fantastic recital in Valladolid, you have a new opportunity. The concert was almost sold out since New Year so they decided to change the concert hall and now thre are many tickets available. So hurry up!! It's going to be an amazing concert about early baroque music. dance dance dance

“Amor, pasión, celos y furia en el siglo XVII”
Extractos de La Calisto de Cavalli, L’Incorazzione di Popea y Il Ritorno d’Ulisse in Patria de Monteverdi, Amanti de Ferrari, entre otros.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th March 2012, 18:21

Pilar,

Great news, indeed! I'll try my best to fit it into my (busy) programme!

A.
Back to top Go down
Lullamy

Lullamy

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty27th June 2012, 17:31

The hand-program for tomorrow:

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty28th June 2012, 14:52

Lullamy

Many many thanks for finding and sharing this! flowers give heart
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 00:08

Dear all I'm back from Heaven [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The recital was truly amazing, I think it was my favourite among the
other four times I attended PJ's concerts. The Auditorium was full and
plenty of young people, quite unsual in Spain I must say! The vibe was
vibrating and everybody behaved so well, no coughing, no weird noises,
etc. The whole recital was pure entertainment, the musicians were also
very emotional involved and the whole group worked so well together. I'm still very impressed about it.

When Felipe and MNicole entered everybody was so excited, the started in agreta mood with "Cara e amabile catena". I loved "Ninfa Bella", so theatrical and comical. When Felipe sang with great intention in MNicole's neck: "Questa mia bocca gravida di favi soavissimi, ti porgera di nettare" I knew I was inevitably falling under his spell again... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In "Uscite dal cor lacrime amare" he was faboulous as he usually is when he sings a "pianto", so dramatic and heartbreaking.

The first part ended with "Sento un certo non se che", both were so expressive and playful. At the end MNicole took Philippe's hand and dragged him outside the scene and he waved us with a naughty look, then the first ovation came...people were very pleased and the clapped a lot!

The second part started with a joyful "Vaghi rai" but the main piece was "Sul Rodano severo". It was a strong and tempestuous piece. MNicole was brilliant and dark and then, Philippe came with that soft and heartbreaking voice of him caressing the words, tasting them and providing us such a breathtaking rendition that the public was absolutely bewitched. Mi veniva da piangere [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't know the reason but the skipped one of the arie in teh libretto: "Vanne intrepido mio cor" and I regreted it because it is sucha colorful aria and I would love to hear them singing that. Did they sing that in other recitals?

One of the great moments was also the beautiful lullaby "Rimanti in pace", again their luxuriant and caressing voices saying "good night". TO DIE FOR [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Amanti, io vi so dire" is one of my favourite songs ever, he did it so cheerful and fast that I almost keep my breath the whole time [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After the end with a beautiful "Lacrimosa beltà" the great ovation started!!! More than half of the auditorium was up clapping. shouting them "bravi", ect. So they did three encores:

Pur ti miro- Oh dei...by then a hundred of new hearts joinned us as new hopeless in love fans...that rendition was truly beautiful, I can picture both as Nerone and Poppea...

The second one was a duetto, I don't know the title, very playful and funny and finally they sang "Lacrimosa beltà" faking as they were crying and chaning to baritone's voice, and so on... People went crazy [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I can only say it was such an amazing experience, I am still enjoying it, mi pasco soltanto de bellezza... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then they signed cd's. A great fangirling moment, he was as charming and patient as usual and MNicole was always laughing and very chatty. I think they sold a lot of CD's, people were very pleased and the vibe was great and very friendly. Myabe this kind of concerts are not for purists because of the funny and theatrical stuff but I find it very refreshing and full of joy of life [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 00:16

I don't think they sang "Vanne intrepido mio cor" at any other recitals.
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 00:18

It was in the "libretto", so I thought they cut it because the recital started with delay...
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 00:25

Same in Essen. It must have been some late change, after the booklet was sent to the press...

But I didn't really miss it, at least , from that place in the program, as Sul Rodano, the Uccellini Battaglia and Rimanti in pace were just perfect after each other.
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 01:36

Oh Pilar,, you saw one of my favorite roles, Satirino, just imagining Felipe in it makes me turn inside out!!!!!I can seee your description and I love your regalo de post! Tutto tutto mi t'offrero>>>>>>>I so wish.
Thank you queridisima and keep tasting your wonderful summit experience!!Did your bro go with you finally?
air kiss 2 Extremely happy for you!!
Maria
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 01:47

I knew you will be up! Here everybody is asleep...Yes, that performance was a dream, Felipe looked so helpless in love and so tender and naughty that I thought I would die of love...So lovable and kissable he is... heat

Yes, my brother came with me, first a little afraid of the whole thing, he is not into classical music and he was also worried about my behaviour...but then he told me he liked the playful arias. He was quite surprised about their voices and how hunny they were. He loved MNicole! She was so exuberant and excellent as usual. In fact, she is very generous because everybody was fussing around Philippe and even the libretto and the poster has only his picture...They are a perfect couple, and their Pur ti miro was "fuori dal mondo"

Buenas noches, cara!
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 07:35

Dear Pilar,
Yesterday I was too sleepy to write more than some very basic sentences, but I enjoyed reading your review very much, thank you a million!!! flowers
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 09:05

Pilar, what a fun review of a fun evening! Makes the reader feel they were there too!

Back to top Go down
Lullamy

Lullamy

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 10:39

Pilar

¡Gracias! Thank you for your emotional review.
I was there too, and I had never enjoyed a concert so much happy
PJ sung as only he can sing inlove , MN is really a great singer and a great actress bow , and the musicians are fantastic. They sound so well together and they looked so relaxed and happy playing this beautiful music together. It was really magic! clapping
I think the second encore was “Lidia spina del mio core” from the Scherzi musicali by Monteverdi, as in Paris and very funny too:

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 10:47

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you like it.

Lullamy: Thanks, in fact, that's the second encore! I'm willing to buy this concert's DVD or CD or whatever...It was a once in a lifetime experience. MNicole and PJ are so great together, they are such a good friends that public can feel it and this is a very important issue. The whole show was smooth and very fresh, I actually think they are doing something new for the classical music!
Back to top Go down
Lullamy

Lullamy

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 10:59

Pilar

I agree yes
I would love a CD or anything else, but I do not think there's a recording, just in our brains forever. give heart
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 18:03

Pilar,

Congratulations! give rose You describe this so much better than I could and I was there too. It was an absolutely magical evening when everything "gels" together - perfect artists, perfect programme, perfect venue and perfect audience. My only complaint is that I was enjoying myself so much that it was all over far too soon.

The audience behaved impeccably and this wasn't the first time that I've noticed that Spanish audiences really know how to treat artists with respect. reverence By the way, did management make an announcement just before the concert asking the audience only to clap at the end of each part?? I don't speak Spanish at all but sometimes I can follow passively because of knowledge of Italian ... If this was so, I wish the management of the TCE had made a similar announcement in Paris. It makes sense - the programme was clearly planned for the arias and pieces to "segue" neatly into each other and clapping in between was an unnecessary distraction. Much better for the audience to go completely crazy afterwards clapping - which they did! And ... bliss, oh bliss, oh bliss - I didn't see anyone making amateur vids of the concert Very Happy

By the way, I'm living proof that you are never too old for "fangirling" blush But was I hallucinating or did I see Philou posing with somebody's DOG afterwards??!! Laughing

Lullamy,

The best concerts (like the best "photographs") are always "just in our brains forever"... agree

A.

Back to top Go down
Lullamy

Lullamy

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 18:36

I found this funny pic. First I though it was in Valladolid, but now I think it's from Girona.

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 21:39

Dear Artemis, I'm glad you enjoyed it1 It was far too short for my taste too...And yes, the announcement explained that the artists asked for no clapping between the pieces, so people knew! I hope you had a nice time in Spain!

Lullamy: This picture is so great! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty30th June 2012, 23:08

Review:

Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty1st July 2012, 19:21

Dear all,

I was in the Auditorium of Girona.

The concert / opera was extraordinary. Also in this case, people, as Pilardcc says, was extremely correct: no coughing, no weird noises (like in the Liceu, in Barcelona, last december) and they applauded, mad with excitement and joy.

Effectively, management make an announcement before the concert asking the audience only to clap at the end of each part

I must add that at the end of the piece in this video [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jaroussky showed like a child upset because the guitarist earned him the starting; that was really fun!!

Marie-Nicole… as always, an explosion of friendly feeling, vitality and joy and an splendid, touching and emotive voice.

At the end, Jaroussky and Lemieux signed, patiently, for all of us.

As we were in the same hotel, we had the opportunity to talk whit several members of Artaserse: what a nice people!! We talk a little too with Jaroussky and Lemeiux, the next day, at breakfast!

It was a perfect day!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty1st July 2012, 19:28

I would like to post some pics I took, but I don't know how to do. Sorry.

Mercè
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty1st July 2012, 19:29

Querida Mercè!

Congrats! It's great to hear that you not only enjoyed the concert but also shared those beautiful moments back at the hotel!!
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty1st July 2012, 20:47

Here, you can find a very good critic of this concert; unfortunaely, my english is not sufficient to offer you a good translation, so, you must use the Google translator.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty1st July 2012, 22:36

Bravo, Pilar!!
I was there (you know), and everything was just as you have described.
For me there were two absolutely magical moments:
- The powerful and heartbreaking "Sul Rodano severo”, I would have needed to hear it twice to capture their exceptional dramatism, and
- The "Pur ti miro" more beautiful than I ever heard in my life.

The concert was a gift to all who were there, we left the theater far more Felipe´s prisoners than we were before entering. swoon
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty2nd July 2012, 11:43

More positive reviews:

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty2nd July 2012, 13:22

Dear Mercé

Thank you for sharing your experience and I ´m glad, you enjoyed your time in Girona ( very nice old city, I like it so much!) . flowers

You can upload your photos somewhere and give us the link but you can upload them also here and post the pictures. The two little buttons ( 6th and 7th from the left above) with the green " pictures" are in this case very helpful.

Lullamy

Thanks for the funny photo! They both are such good fellows ! kiss
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty2nd July 2012, 21:19

Lullamy, Artemis,
yes, of course, to have the concerts in our brains forever is one thing - but at least the concert in Baden-Baden was recorded by Mezzo and as far as I know there will be a DVD too, sold by the Festspielhaus. So they will help us to enjoy again and again as often as we like.....We just have to check the website of the Festspielhaus regularly. Or, as soon as I know, I will tell you!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty2nd July 2012, 21:46

Ahaaaa...I was wondering why Philippe hated it so much when someone recorded a concert...of course. The exclusive rights to those concerts are already sold to Mezzo TV.

Pf, hehe, mystery solved.

Back to top Go down
Lullamy

Lullamy

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty3rd July 2012, 14:22

Nenuphar

Thanks! embrace That's a fantastic new! happy
Back to top Go down
Lullamy

Lullamy

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty14th July 2012, 06:14

Here are some pics of this event. Some of them are really funny, and as you can see on the face of the musicians, they were happy too.

Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty14th July 2012, 07:58

Thank you, great pictures!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty14th July 2012, 11:33

Oh my, I love those pics! Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty15th July 2012, 10:29

Lullamy,

thanks a lot, I love the pics too! embrace
Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty26th July 2012, 03:14

That' it - I am convinced that I need to move to Europe! I miss out on so many good concerts being all the way over here in Canada. cry Hopefully Festspielhaus will create that DVD soon, and hopefully it will be encoded so that it will play on my North American DVD player or computer. Why there has to be region-specific encoding on DVDs is beyond me... but for Philippe I'd even consider buying a European DVD player if it meant watching this astounding performance of him and Marie-Nicole! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty26th July 2012, 21:03

Ohhhh Croogix I didn't know about that encoded dvds...Good luck with that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June   Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaroussky-Lemieux, Valladolid 28th June
Page 1 of 1