Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Opium in Hulencourt

Go down 
+7
carolineleiden
peacefulworld
Carol Ina
Pilarddcc
mon 1650
Rosamunda
rikkapijemy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rikkapijemy

Opium in Hulencourt Empty
PostSubject: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 14:13

Yesterday, I attended with an immense happiness the concert of Philippe and Jérôme Ducros in Hulencourt
It was a concert in an intimate surrounding no more than 225 guests
The nearness of both artists, the friendly atmosphere reflected well the atmosphere of the lounges where were created these airs in the Belle Epoque
top off the happiness, after the show, we had dinner beside Philippe and Jérôme, with whom we discussed in any simplicity
Mr Ducros, very nice person, confided me that there would be a continuation in the CD opium
As for Philippe, having spoken about Caravagge, he said to me that it was absolutely necessary to see the show with Marie-Nicole Lemieux. The program begins to be set up and it is sometimes difficult to announce one year in advance which airs will be sung.
My cousin knew in no way PH, she was amazed by the program, by his voice and conquered by the kindness and the simplicity of the artists.
Midnight had rung for a long time when we left this high society and joined our houses with stars in the eyes
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 14:23

Congratulations rikkapijemy, I've dreamed of this concert.
I'm happy for you. kiss
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 16:23

Thank you, Rikkapijemi!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 19:20

Dear rikkapijemy!

What a great experience
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] When is this recital with Marie-Nicole Lemieux? Is she going to sing in the Caravaggio opera?
Back to top Go down
Carol Ina

Carol Ina

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 20:26

rikkapijemy,

Thanks for sharing with us such an awesome experience! Reading it I can see that there is a lot to look forward! And now I have to tell you this: I am a bit jealous of you!! blush
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 21:50

Pilarddcc, the recital with Marie-Nicole Lemieux is that we will see in Valladolid. Laughing
No, in "Caravaggio" does not sing no woman, I think.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 21:54

Ups, I missunderstood! I am looking forward to his concert in Valladolid the repertoire is so beautiful and I hope they both do something special as they use to do when they are together!!!
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 22:14

Sorry, Pilarddcc, I was wrong.
In "Caravaggio" Maria Riccarda Wesseling sing two roles: Anna and Filide, two women who served as models to Caravaggio.
Back to top Go down
peacefulworld

peacefulworld

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 23:18

Thank you , rikkapijemy.

I was there , too with my husband. It was very intimate. The location was very fitting for the French Melodies which are designed to be sung in a "salon". My understanding husband said that this was the most beautiful version of the French melodies he had experienced up to now. There were more husbands who supported their wives by taking photo's them with Philippe and Jérôme.

PJ felt sorry because he had to leave in hurry to catch the train on 19th feb. in Amsterdam for Paris, so that he could not have time to talk with people.

I found that so many people enjoy and appreciate this forum, even so they are not registered or acitively involved.

We can get so much information without efforts.
some of them can not read English or have less time to read this forum.
For example, if there was no forum, I could not have found this concert in Hulencourt.
I am not good in expressing myself in writing, thank you for giving so much information to me. smile

It was a wonderful experience to have dinner with Philippe and Jérôme (even though the food was not so fantastic).

Philippe said that some surprises are coming up related to CD.
But he did not say what they are.

Last edited by peacefulworld on 20th March 2012, 13:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty9th March 2012, 23:54

Thank you peacefulworld for sharing your impressions about this concert! It's great to know about this kind of events through sensitive persons as you!

I'm so curious about PJ's surprise [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty10th March 2012, 19:51

Damn, should have gone...it is close by and hubby loves Opium...

But with just two more days rehearsal until I had to do Pergolesi (today! And it went well!) , I just could not spare the time... I already could not focus on the Stabat Mater because of the Amsterdam recital last month, so I had to learn the entire piece in three weeks. Both parts, because I changed fach halfway through....
He was lucky with the train: it was delayed. We left calmly for our own train, by regular public transport, even missed our tram, and our train was on the other side of the platform, and we were gone before the Thalys was. All that stress, for nothing!
Back to top Go down
Balletlover

Balletlover

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty20th March 2012, 13:33

Thank you for sharing your feelings and impressions about this concert. piano

I would have loved to be there !

I have seen Philippe twice at the Théâtre des Champs-Elysées and I'd like to hear him in a smaller space.

I really look forward to the next "opium" CD ...
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty16th April 2012, 14:01

comp
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty16th April 2012, 17:36

thank you very much for these wonderful pictures that recall fond memories
Back to top Go down
Balletlover

Balletlover

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty19th April 2012, 12:04

Thank you Joanna for posting these very lively pictures. smile
In the second one, Philippe and Jérôme Ducros are given presents ?
Back to top Go down
baroquelover

baroquelover

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty19th April 2012, 13:18

Yes, they got a "casquette" ....funny ! good
Back to top Go down
baroquelover

baroquelover

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty19th April 2012, 13:27

And about the concert itself, I completely agree with peacefulworld & rikkapijemi.

The venue was excellent for this French melodies, very intimate place ! Acoustics were not 100% but fair enough ... very good balance between piano and voice... wonderful piano peformance by Jérôme who is as nice as PhJ but more "reserved"....

After the concert we had time to discuss and had dinner together (about 25-30 people in total)... wonderful organisation by the Hulencourt staff !!!!

We have been talking mostly about Caravaggio he was working on and about his previous Händel concert in Amsterdam which was fabulous !

There was still enough time for signatures and pictures and .... I think we were all breathless when going home.... impressed by the music, the professionalism of the "performers" and the kindness and openess of the human beings behind the artists.

thank you

Back to top Go down
vscott

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty23rd April 2012, 05:13

How do you find out about the up coming concerts, CD's or Opera's? I look and look at the web and at the virgin's website and I can't find out much information about future events.
I was very lucky to see Mr. Jaroussky in Niobe,Regina de Tebes in Massachusetts and with Apollo's Fire in Ann Arbor Michigan. Both times I was too shy to talk to him. I listen to his voice everyday, in the morning and in the evening. How do you stand in front of a stranger, who's voice you are so intimate with, and tell him what his voice and music means to you? I could not find the right words.
I am also jealous of you who live in Europe and can go to see his concerts very often.
You are very, very lucky!!
I appreciate when you post and tell about the concerts.
Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty23rd April 2012, 11:00

Don't worry: we all feel that way. smile I guess he pretty much knows that too.

His own site is sadly inadequate, so for concert information, we just look here....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opium in Hulencourt   Opium in Hulencourt Empty

Back to top Go down

Opium in Hulencourt
Page 1 of 1