Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.

Go down 
+3
Vandea
Joanna
*JaRoWi1647*
7 posters
AuthorMessage
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty
PostSubject: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty14th March 2010, 15:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Release on 09-04-2010 by EMI/Virgin !

01 Salve Regina (Motetti a una, due vocie con sinfoni
02 Ave Regina coelorum (Sentimenti devoti espressi co
03 O quam suavis (Mottetti a voce sola da diversi Ecc
04 Regina coeli laetare (Motetti a voce sola, 1643, M
05 Vulnerasti cor meum (Armoniae cantiones una, 2, 3,
06 Inno Ave Maria Stella (Il Secondo libro di toccate
07 Stabat Mater dolorosa (Motetti, 1636)
08 Corda lingua in amore (Metri sacri, resi armonici
09 O quam tu pulchra es (Cantio sacra 1628. R. Ewerha
10 Sonata prima (instr.)
11 O intemerata (Il secondo libro de motetti a due, t
12 Ave Regina coelorum (Harmonia sacra, dedota dal co
13 Sanctissima Virgo (Sacrae cantiones una, duabusque
14 O coeli devota (Motetti sacri a voce sola con due

Last edited by Il ragazzo on 14th March 2010, 22:43; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty14th March 2010, 18:43

Wonderful!Three cd-treasures in such a short time.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] it's a blessing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty14th March 2010, 20:23

Is it only me who recognized that it is the same tracklist as Beata Vergine?!?!

Is it a new recording? I kinda doubt it...
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty14th March 2010, 20:35

Exactly... it's the same, just with a different cover and title...
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty14th March 2010, 21:38

That´s strange - Philippe actually wanted to record Ferrari again, because he is more experienced now and could improve there somethings. Hm....I should ask him then.
But I like the new cover better than all the other - he is here more himself, though the photoshop.

Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty15th March 2010, 16:20

Yeah, weird indeed!

And I like the cover aswell, it´s one of my favourite Philippe photos.

Offtopic: Speaking of photos: How about a photo topic/thread?
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty15th March 2010, 18:04

Vandea

Please, take a look on the start site on the top left - we ´ve already two "Galleries" . We´ll fill them regularly after a creation some new themes there.
I would prefer ( to be honest , as always) here an passionate conversation about music, Philippe´s recordings and his concerts much more, than about his photos.

Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty15th March 2010, 19:47

maybe it's just the record label's idea...? sometimes they like to re-release older cds or put together compilations while the artist is at his/her peak career-wise. Like the Viva Villazon compilation which I never really saw the point of.

I quite like the old version of the cover though - but maybe they wanted to emphasize the person singing.. maybe a few people missed out on the Beata Vergine album because his face is not on the cover. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty15th March 2010, 21:08

karenpat
Could be - who knows?
The Ferrari - CD is also without Philippe´s portrait on the cover and though, the most rare one! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty21st March 2010, 12:21

I notice that Beate Vergne had been withdrawn from Amazon sometime ago. It will be a good thing if this reissue reaches new audience. On the other hand, it might look a bit cheap job, as it is obvious (to me) that Virgin Classics is jumping on the bandwagon of Pergolesi's anniversary. Stabat Mater seems to be everywhere these days (the reason for the changed title of the CD). I do hope Philippe won’t be blamed. I have a pessimistic disposition…
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty21st March 2010, 22:24

hermit

I asked Philippe even - he was also not really excited about this idea with the new cover and so...but...
I hope, the new ( as also the "old" ) audience would be grateful for this reissue, though.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty22nd March 2010, 06:23

did you see Philippe recently?

I suppose no artist would be particularly pleased with a re-release of an old cd with an old cover photo.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty22nd March 2010, 13:03

karenpat
I met Philippe even on Saturday after the concert in Paris! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty22nd March 2010, 13:54

You must all have seen the YT video of Philippe singing Strozzi and Ferrari plus Amarilli. I was hoping that this would be his next CD. These songs are absolutely perfect for countertenor voice (I mean Philippe’s voice, really) which seems to be able to create the sense of far off, distant time. You feel as if you were standing all alone in front of an old painting, and noisy, busy modern world simply dissolves around you (I won’t go on about it here. I’ll talk about it in another thread somewhere). However, I suppose from Virgin Classic’s point, these songs are too much of an acquired taste (for the cost of new recording). Besides, it will be difficult to do ‘linked’ concerts in big halls with these songs… Ah well. You never know. One can live in hope.
Back to top Go down
LydianAirs

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty29th March 2010, 01:54

Hi hermit, I too would love to see a CD of songs like the Strozzi and Amarilli, accompanied by that lutenist from the videos. His interpretation of the Ferrari "Amanti" song is some much more mature, more wise and wry and wistful, than on his earlier recording.
Is the anniversary of Pergolesi such a big bandwagon for the record company? I think Philippe's bigger these day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty29th March 2010, 08:43

LydianAirs You’ve put it perfectly!! ‘wise and wry and wistful’. In Heroes, Philippe’s singing was full of joy; even unattainable love was a sweet pain but here… I do hope he’ll record this repertoire.

As for the bandwagon, BBC Radio3 likes any anniversaries they can use, and as far as I am aware (correct me someone, if I am wrong), Philippe seems to be still very much a ‘hidden treasure’ where the UK public is concerned.
Back to top Go down
LydianAirs

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty30th March 2010, 06:14

Well, you know, I was really just kidding about Pergolesi! He's been around a lot longer than young M. Jaroussky, hasn't he...
If Philippe performed in Britain with some local ensembles it would help to introduce him. I wonder if Philippe will ever work with Andrew Manze, I think they might be a good combination.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty19th April 2010, 15:20

here's what it says on EMI classics website under April releases:

Quote :
Philippe Jaroussky's 2006
album Beata Vergine freshly re-packaged and re-released (with
Philippe's image proudly on the cover this time!) to excite and delight
new and existing fans alike. Stabat Mater - Motets to the Virgin Mary
features a rich selection of motets dedicated to the Virgin Mary,
composed in the 17th century by Italian composers.

RE-RELEASE
5099969390722 CD
Download
Virgin Classics
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty19th April 2010, 17:35

karenpat

Yes, it is a re-release. An very clever move - to put Philippe´s image on the new cover , no? The crazy fans should be happy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty19th April 2010, 19:13

I hope Virgin re-release "Sedecia" too, in DVD version as we can find in YT!!

salut!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty19th April 2010, 20:08

Mercé

That would be an really great idea!!!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty20th April 2010, 06:34

I would think maybe Philippe wouldn't be crazy about the idea of re-releasing Sedecia. His voice is still in "student-mode" at that point.
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty20th April 2010, 12:18

Yes! but even as in "student mode" voice, his "Il nitrito dei fieri cavalli" is beautiful, beautiful. His student regard shows, I think, a great satisfaction about his own work.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty20th April 2010, 13:31

I agree with Mercé and would buy the Re - "Sedecia" immediately!

Philippe´s performance there is absolutely ravishing .... his "Caldo sangue" - like an spring rain .... and "Férmati, o barbaro!" - an youthful hero decided to make himself to an sacrifice .... incredible!
And, of course, "Il nitrito" - there Philippe is so ... beaming , especially by the coloraturas! Don´t forget " Del mio cor nel più segreto" - full of tenderness and devotion..... an truly gem! And very honest.
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty20th April 2010, 14:04

uhh! "Sedecia" on CD/DVD would be awesome... I would buy it immediatly, too!
Back to top Go down
chablisuk

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty22nd May 2010, 22:57

Here's what EMI Classic Newsletter (21 Mai 2010) has to say:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Après plus d’un an d’indisponibilité, Virgin Classics réédite à petit prix l’album Beata Vergine sous le nouveau titre plus explicite de Stabat Mater et illustré cette fois par une photo de Philippe Jaroussky. Cet enregistrement qu’il avait réalisé en 2005 avec son ensemble Artaserse est consacré aux Motets à la Vierge au 17ème siècle italien ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
chablisuk

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty5th June 2010, 10:34

Whatever we think about repackaging etc at least it gives the media the opportunity to write about our hero and further promote interest. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

UK Daily Telegraph rates this CD as 5star. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"The remarkable young French counter-tenor Philippe Jaroussky adds to his already impressive discography.....

"His is a beautiful voice, pure, limpid, full-toned and backed up by mature interpretative intelligence and expressive feeling. Words matter in this music, and Jaroussky’s emotional responses are consistently illuminating, not least in the various shades of grief that Sances enshrines in his Stabat Mater.

The full review is here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this posting is in the right place - doesn't really seem to fit with what's already at REVIEWS ??

Enjoy
Peter
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.   Stabat  Mater - Maria Motetten. Empty

Back to top Go down

Stabat Mater - Maria Motetten.
Page 1 of 1