Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Stabat Mater (not new)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
temp

Stabat Mater  (not new) Empty
PostSubject: Stabat Mater (not new)   Stabat Mater  (not new) Empty17th April 2011, 21:41

It’s not news but I’ve just found this lovely little review of Stabat Mater (scroll down).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

Stabat Mater  (not new) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stabat Mater (not new)   Stabat Mater  (not new) Empty22nd May 2011, 14:21

Short review of Orlando Furioso in June 2011 Opera News in U.S. Very complimentary but no PJ pictures, I will transcribe the paragraph dealing with PJ: "Happily, countertenor Philippe Jaroussky was his usual elegant musical self and he was wholly at one with the conductor's approach. His Act I aria with flute obbligato was a musical highlight and his final virtuoso number was an audience favorite." I wish I could send the whole review, but the issue is just out and not in the web. ANyway it is Opera News June 2011, Stephen J. Mudge reviewer. Spinosi, Larmore, Basso, Cangemi were said "of the highest quality" but most of all Lemieux with her big mezzo voice and her exploration of the character's madness were all complimented too. The second I have the site address I will post. Except, too short about PJ but at least they did not ignore it as other times!!! flowers
M
Back to top Go down

Stabat Mater (not new)
Page 1 of 1