Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!

Go down 
+15
Gisotiza
chablisuk
nightspell
karenpat
rikkapijemy
tuffy942
Rosamunda
SJuli
maryvonne
Vandea
Ottavia
mon 1650
Artaserse
Balletlover
*JaRoWi1647*
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty
PostSubject: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty2nd March 2011, 20:36

Hello, friends! hello

Who plan to attend this long awaited event and - when?

It would be great to meet again!
Back to top Go down
Balletlover

Balletlover

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty3rd March 2011, 14:33

I will be there on Tuesday March 22nd. I think, it's "la dernière" !
Looking forward to it and to meeting you again. drinks
I won't forget my green ribbon.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty4th March 2011, 13:09

Balletlover

What a pity, we ( with my dearest friend Artaserse) will be there another day....
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty13th March 2011, 21:07

Absolutely fabulous !
Very uncommon, dark and decadent staging, the costumes are incredible beautiful, really baroque! And the wigs.....with the long hair and bows.....I´m excited.

Philippe was sick, as also Marie-Nicole, but they were singing, though.
And they were superb. Heroes. bow
Orlando is, maybe , the role of her life ( for the moment).

And we have the very best Ruggiero, for sure.

bravo!

More from Jana later.
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty14th March 2011, 21:38

Merci pour ces échos!
Back to top Go down
Ottavia

Ottavia

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty17th March 2011, 00:54

Merci!!! Mais oh... je suis SI jalouse après avoir vu le vidéo!!! swoon
Back to top Go down
http://irenebenito.wordpress.com/
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty17th March 2011, 13:34

To say " it was wonderful" is to say nothing.

Yes, the staging was dark , mysterious and decadent- the very right mood for a isle of Alcina, the powerful sorceress , when I saw her first, I thought immediately of Ottavia in the Madrid´s "Incoronazione" , also because of the kind of her black shining clothes....M-me Larmore was superb - an beautiful woman, seductive and strong.
Generally, some passages remind me of " Incoronazione" and I guess, I wasn´t alone with my feeling. Also I think , each personage in this spectacle become in turns a bit furioso and express his (her) hidden feelings by this way of being alive. By Ruggiero it was the time around "Come l`onda "...

Each personage appears on stage first with one black Venetian mask- an magical effect, the colours were all the time black, gray and silver, also the light....but I immediately recognized one tall and slender gentleman with the mask , though.
The costumes were the gorgeous baroque dream , they changed each act and I enjoyed them a lot , especially wearing on the certain (tall and slender) gentleman.

As Ruggiero appears the first time, the stage become such a golden warm light, what was very significant, I believe....and as he started to sing "Sol da te, mio dolce amore" after dinking of the "love potion" , it was magic ....day- dreaming....opium for the soul.....no words to express this incredible feeling, the happiness to be there and to experience....
The whole hall stoped breathing.
( Great solo of Monsieur Kossenko, with a lot ad libitum improvisation.....)

I liked also m-me Basso, her handsome boyish "Cherubino"- manner and her soft elegant voice.
M-me Lemieux was a ( bearded!) Hero himself - strong, self- confident and very furioso...especially the mad scene and the 3th act with his Folia - dancing were extremely expressive. It is for the moment the role of her life, indeed.
Philippe was absolutely impressed by the performance of his dear colleague.

Monsieur Spinosi was making his (magic) music with all his body and soul, amazing, amusing, dramatic, humorous, full of powerful expression and con fuoco...

I miss so many words to express myself, but I hope, you understand my trying to do it.

Thanks.

P.S. And the wigs!!!! Finally, the beautiful real ( long ) hair wigs with the satin bows...... hello

Last edited by *JaRoWi1647* on 17th March 2011, 13:56; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty17th March 2011, 13:53

Thank you Artaserse and Jana for sharing your experience! bow

Sounds really like a great staging.
Real hair wigs, excellent choice they look really authentic
good
Back to top Go down
maryvonne

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty17th March 2011, 17:28

je ne donne pas mes impressions en anglais ,la traduction google n'est pas toujours bonne!!! c'était tout simplement fabuleux je partage vraiment toutes les descriptions et tous les ressentis de jana, 3h30 de pur bonheur MN Lemieux est fantastique que de présence sur scène, d'investissement personnel , de beauté vocale et gestuelle pour traduire tous ces différents sentiments, magnifique,magnifique, tout était beau et enchanteur. un peu frustrée , Philippe ne chante pas beaucoup mais ce qu'il chante est superbe, c'est vrai que pendant le 1er air on n'entendait plus rien dans la salle,pas une toux pas un bruit, je pense que tout le monde était pris par l'émotion,il a été très applaudi à la fin de chaque air, MN Lemieux ovationnée à la fin!!! rendez vous sur Mezzo pour ceux qui le peuvent
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty17th March 2011, 19:31

Many thanks, all of you, for sharing your impressions about this wonderful production - I can hardly wait for tomorrow's transmission!

By the way, will anyone from here come to Budapest for the concert version on the 24th?
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty17th March 2011, 21:26

Thank you very much for the comments. Tonight I thank God and Mezzo because tomorrow I see the live broadcast, and tomorrow return to give thanks to God and Mezzo for making this possible. I could not go to Paris, but Orlando Furioso comes to my house!
thank you
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty17th March 2011, 21:57

Does someone know if Mezzo is free via german satelite? If it´s not a Pay TV programme I would consider a visit at my parents after work tomorrow and try to record it.

I found a german programme list where it was stated, I´m not quite sure if it is Pay TV, but with my luck it is...
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty17th March 2011, 22:01

Merci à tout le monde pour ces avis positifs!
N'y aura-t-il pas un DVD?
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty18th March 2011, 07:56

mon 1650

I´m not sure about the DVD, but some of us will record the broadcast tonight, so we could hope to be able to create our own one then. wink

By the way - who plan to attend the performance in London the next week?
Back to top Go down
maryvonne

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty18th March 2011, 09:53

i can make it smile
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty18th March 2011, 11:40

Some pics from the program. Hidden because large. embrace

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty19th March 2011, 10:28

Artaserse

Thanks, my fairest! kiss

Here, an beautiful piece of yesterday night!

Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty19th March 2011, 15:13

I hope someone caught the Mezzo program!!!I am not lucky enough to get that channel!!If any one gets it on disc I would be more than happy to pay for it, since the DVD's when they exist, come in the fast future!! kiss
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty19th March 2011, 17:44

Watch at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty19th March 2011, 19:57

tuffy942

You´ll get them for free, cara- don´t worry ! inlove
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty19th March 2011, 20:27

*watching Sol da te*

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and the list goes on.....

That version was even better than the one on the recording..The flute embellishments were great, Philippe's voice sounded better than ever, plus he seemed to have gotten the hang of pronouncing his "e"s at the end of words like "amore" right (on the recording and on other versions it sounds like "amor-ee").

I always seem to have trouble downloading whole DVDs from here, I don't get the whole extracting and burning thing (I use iDVD), hope the whole thing will end up on youtube either in parts or in one piece. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty19th March 2011, 20:40

karenpat "Put the 'I like' button in here"

Watching 'Sol da te' = me having goosebumps and a smile in my face

Waiting patiently for the whole recording....
Back to top Go down
nightspell
Admin
nightspell

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty19th March 2011, 23:13

I can make DVD (as usual), but I ask all of you, if someone can record Mezzo HD please share the HD uncompressed files - so I'll can make a best quality DVD inlove
Now I have only non-HD record - in my opinion that's not good enough for DVD wise
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty20th March 2011, 09:18

nightspell

bow

I would like to help you out, but the search for Mezzo on my parents satelite reciever wasn´t successful this time depressed
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty20th March 2011, 15:31

mp3 of Sol da te:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

enjoy! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ETA: I can't seem to get past the adf.ly URL shortener... It only directs you to ads, not sendspace...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] anyway here's the full URL with spaces, just type the URL with no spaces.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] /file/ jdiizu
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty20th March 2011, 17:20

karenpat

Thank youuuuuu hugs bow
Back to top Go down
chablisuk

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty21st March 2011, 10:28

I shall be in London on Saturday - all this talk about Orlando is soe xciting - such a long time to wait!!

I will waer my green ribbon & hope that Forum members will also wear a green ribbon so we have a chance of recognising each other.

Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty22nd March 2011, 14:31

Orlando Furioso in MEZZO:
March 28 10:00 MEZZO HD
March 30 13´00 MEZZO HD
March 29 13.00 MEZZO no HD.
Back to top Go down
Balletlover

Balletlover

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty23rd March 2011, 09:07

What an evening yesterday !
I just came back home.
No time yet to write but I really enjoyed Orlando Furioso. music
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty23rd March 2011, 21:27

Kommt, ihr Töchter, helft mir klagen! cry

Philippe was taken ill and cancelled tomorrow's concert in Budapest!
We will have Mr. Cencic as Ruggiero instead - OK, I like him as well, but... you know... sol da te, mio dolce amore, etc.

I hope he gets well soon!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty23rd March 2011, 22:03

SJuli

Oh Dio.....das ist gar nicht gut..... Sad

Avra pace, avra conforto..... hugs
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty23rd March 2011, 22:43

Oh je, das hört sich wirklich nicht gut an!

Sjuli
hugs I can so understand you, happend to me at a convention I attend in England. The person (an actor I really like) why I made that trip had to do a re-shoot, the other guests/actors were great too but I was really sad and disappointed about that fact, but at the end I really had have a unforgettable and wonderful weekend....

At least Cencic jumps in and not someone unknown...you know what I mean: It's a scrap of comfort...
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty23rd March 2011, 23:05

Jana,
Vandea,

Thank you for your support!

Another small scrap of confort: I don't have to travel much - only half an hour with the tram...

Next time when I write on YT "I prefer Jaroussky to Cencic" and someone asks "but have you heard both of them live?" I will be able to say: "Yes, I have!"
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty24th March 2011, 00:06

I just read about Philippe being ill and cancelling a performance.... Sad What a disappointment for the fans! I feel for them! What about in Barbican? I hope he will be there for the "greatest fan"!!!!! Yes, M Cencic is very accomplished but NOBODY can replace PJ....but his health is the most important issue of all. I hope he feels better soon!! kiss
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty24th March 2011, 04:49

I hope he gets well soon!!. Sad
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty24th March 2011, 07:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] give heart
Back to top Go down
chablisuk

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty24th March 2011, 16:23

I have just spoken to the London Barbican box office and they have not received any noticiation that PJ will not perform.

Please get well very soon - the performance will not be the same without you.

music
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty24th March 2011, 16:28

chablisuk

Thank you, Peter.

I received that pretty good news already this morning! dance
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty24th March 2011, 17:09

Prompt rétablissement à M.Jaroussky!
Back to top Go down
Balletlover

Balletlover

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty24th March 2011, 17:30

Orlando Furioso – Théâtre des Champs-Elysées – March 22nd – « la dernière »

I must confess it was only the second time in my life I saw an opera “live”. The first time I saw Don Carlo and it was many, many years ago. It didn’t leave me any thrilling memory.

But March 22nd 2011 will remain in my mind.

Knowing almost nothing (or so little) about baroque music, I tried to prepare myself for this special evening: listening to the music, getting to know the characters and reading the synopsis. I read it several times, each time getting more confused about the plot! I thought:
“anyway, you’ll listen to the music even if you don’t understand the story.”

And the miracle occurred. Due to the way the singers played, to the production and to the French translation of part of the text, I understood very easily what it was about!

As the evening was about to begin, a speaker told us that Daniela Pini would take over the role of Medoro, Romina Basso being sick. She sang in the orchestra pit while Pierre Audi’s assistant took over the playing part on stage.
Daniela Pini has a beautiful voice. She earned quite a lot of applauses.

I very much liked the scenery and the costumes, at the same time very simple and very “baroque”: normal chairs and an oversized chair and table, candelabras that were brought on stage by extras (figurants) executing a kind of choreography.
The lightings I appreciated very much.

Each act had a specific shade of colour: grey for the first act, green for the second act and brown for the third one. It was a sober scenery so we could fully enjoy the music.

Marie-Nicole Lemieux was for me the “hit” of the day. I would call her a phenomena (un phénomène). Her personification of Orlando was brilliant. And what a voice: warm and strong, lively. She was amazing: great charisma, great presence on stage, very good actress and great voice.

Philippe Jaroussky is not a born actor but he managed it very well. But his voice made me shiver. It seems to come naturally without any effort and as if strength was not required. It has a special softness.

Jennifer Larmore was a beautiful witch.

I should speak about all the singers but I have not the words for it.

I really enjoyed my evening and thought “déjà” when the curtain went down at the end of act 3.

As it was “la dernière”(how do you say it in English ?) there was some joke. We had the surprise to hear Orlando sing a recitative in French!

A very pleasant evening indeed!

I just skimmed through the forum reading your posts and I am upset to hear Philippe is sick.
I hope he gets well soon.
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty26th March 2011, 17:31

Orlando in Budapest (without Philippe and Ms.Larmore) sad

Last edited by Joanna on 27th March 2011, 09:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty27th March 2011, 09:08

Orlando Furioso at Barbican London on 26 March

See the last paragraph!!

Back to top Go down
chablisuk

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty27th March 2011, 11:29

Barbican - Orlando

I guess some people (artdesk) get to listen to more music than is good for them!!

He's right about Philippe's solo "Sol da te" which brought more than a few tears in the house...

I've not seen Orlando nor a concert version of an opera before - so attended with a little apprehension but what a glorious experience.

Romina Basso and Jennifer Larmore were unable to perform but Franziska Gottwald's Alcina and Daniela Pini's Medoro were accomplished.

Marie-Nicole delivered a "socks off" performance which really stole the show for me. It's one of the audience issues at performances like these to know when (or whether) it's appropriate to applaud - without disrupting the flow. But certainly no doubts after Philippe's awesome rendition of "Sol da te" He and the flautist, Alexis Kossenko, were obliged to acknowledge the adulation before J_C could resume the performance.

What a great time was had by (at least) the great majority of the audience
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty27th March 2011, 14:09

Here is another review. Four and a half stars!!
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty27th March 2011, 23:04

another,
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty28th March 2011, 08:15

Joanna, temp
Thanks!

Balletlover, chablisuk

Thanks as well! You enjoyed "your" performances a lot, that´s great!

The London concert was quite different to me.

M-m Lemieux´s Orlando was even more furioso than by the premiere and terrific.
M-m Cangemi played the girlish Angelica also very impressive.

Mr. Jaroussky´s performanse was breathtaking, the success of the evening was sealed with "Sol da te", Mr. Kossenko´s solo magical as well.

I enjoyed thankfully these moments.

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty28th March 2011, 08:47

Thanks an all of you, dear friends, who shared your experiences !

Yes, my dear Artaserse ( kiss ), the London´s performance was really different , also to me!

Here is another review, please, notice (!) - the wonderful duet "Sol da te , mio dolce amore " was not with the violin, but with the sensual and full of emotions flute-solo of Mr. Alexis Kossenko! And - also completely wrong is the " Later, his show-stopping " Sorge ´itrato nembo"- it was Orlando´s part ( and show-stopping as well!)

The people just did not care, I´m so sorry ( dear Alexis - flowers )

Back to top Go down
Balletlover

Balletlover

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty28th March 2011, 09:48

Le Monde is very critical about Pierre Audi's scenery and about costumes, but enjoyed the music.

Quote :
Le Ruggiero de Philippe Jaroussky, miracle de poésie incarnée, et très beau.

Another critic from a blog :

Quote :
De Jaroussky en Ruggiero rien à dire, car il a tout, beauté du timbre, technique impeccable, agilités étourdissantes, mais aussi maîtrise extraordinaire des moments plus recueillis: une prestation en tous points splendide.
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty28th March 2011, 11:52

Balletlover

Bravo, Philippe!!!! clapping
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty28th March 2011, 13:56

En effet, on ne peut dire que ça: bravo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!   Orlando Furioso at TCE  and  Barbican! Empty

Back to top Go down

Orlando Furioso at TCE and Barbican!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next