Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)

Go down 
+5
Juan
carasposa
Gisotiza
*JaRoWi1647*
Rosamunda
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty
PostSubject: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty8th January 2011, 21:14

A wonderful event for me, which I want to share with you: I am going to go on the 13th to Oviedo to the recital of PJ and Max E. Cencic with Them Arts Florissants.
I live in Seville, very on south of Spain, and Oviedo is in the north, but I have managed to have the necessary time to do this trip and almost it looks like to me a lie.
I am sorry not to be able to record very much nothing on video, not at least with mobile phone (I am useless enough in this topic) but promise to do a small chronicle of the concert to you.
What good! Laughing
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty9th January 2011, 00:32

Rosamunda

Good luck and - thanks in advance for sharing your great experiences ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty9th January 2011, 15:33

Hi... I have a ticket for that event, in te first line... I´m not sure how can I give it to somebody, I bougth it online... but I won´t be abble to be there Sad... so do anybody want it?
Back to top Go down
carasposa

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty9th January 2011, 20:36

Dear Gisotiza,

perhaps you can find someone who is going to this concert and she /he can sell it there before the beginning.
Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty9th January 2011, 21:27

Thanks carasposa.... I don´t have any problem with the price... I want to give it like a gift... but just if somebody wants to go.... so if somebody wants it.. tell me, we are on time!

Is on line 1!.... is a good spot!
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty9th January 2011, 21:58

How might it buy him his entry? My locality is much worse than his and she would be charmed with being bought what can I do?
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty9th January 2011, 22:06

My mail is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], contact me... meavy we can do something...
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty10th January 2011, 07:07

Just to remember: we also have a PM option here!
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty10th January 2011, 09:42

Gracias JaRoWi, no lo habia recordado.
Ya me he puesto es contacto con Gisotiza y espero, aunque sea con una pequeña trampa, disfrutar de su localidad en la fila 1. Siento mucho que no pueda disfrutar del concierto. kiss
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty10th January 2011, 09:48

Sorry.
Thank you Jarowi, not remembered habia.
Already I have put it is a contact with Gisotiza and I wait, though it is with a small trap, to enjoy his locality in the row 1. I am sorry much that she could not enjoy the concert. kiss
Back to top Go down
Juan

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty10th January 2011, 11:37

Hi, everyone!

Although I live too far from Oviedo (in Cuenca), I'm goingthere this week.

Même si j'habite loin d'Oviedo (à CUenca), je vais y aller por le concert.

Je vous fairai une cronique aussi.

Salu à tous!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty10th January 2011, 18:12

Juan

I hope, this concert will please you enough to forget the troubles of your long travel. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty10th January 2011, 21:55

Good luck everybody in te concert!, enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
MehdiCaps

MehdiCaps

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty12th January 2011, 20:05

I saw the première of this programme in Caen yesterday. It was wonderful, you should love it! There is a duet near the end of the first part that is to die for (from the Marcello cantata a due). They sang it again as a second encore.
Back to top Go down
http://jaroussky-concerts.perso.sfr.fr/
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty12th January 2011, 20:33

Gosh... I´m gonna miss it... but, please averybody who go there, enjoy it very much!!... and tell us how it was, please.... thanks!

For my work and distance I won´t be abble to go there...:Sad
Back to top Go down
judith

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty13th January 2011, 09:39

>Subject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Yesterday at 21:05
>MehdiCaps
>I saw the première of this programme in Caen yesterday.

Could you, please, tell us what the exact programme is? and who is singing what?
Many thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty13th January 2011, 17:33

MehdiCaps

I knew it, I was sure, you´ll attend this rare event !!!! happy

Please, tell us the details, please!

Thanks a lot! flowers
Back to top Go down
MehdiCaps

MehdiCaps

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty14th January 2011, 00:47

Sorry for posting the programme after the Oviedo concert, but there will be two others in Grenoble and in Blagnac.

Part I

Agostino Steffani
'Aita fortuna', duet from La lotta d'Ercole con Acheloo [PJ, MC]

Giovanni Battista Bononcini
'Chi d'Amor tra le catene', chamber duet (excerpts: duets 1 and 2) [PJ, MC]

Nicola Porpora
'Ecco che il primo albore', cantata [MC]

Antonio Caldara
Trio Sonata Op. 1 No. 8 in G minor

Benedetto Marcello
'Chiaro e limpido fonte', cantata for two voices [PJ, MC]

Part II

Giovanni Battista Bononcini
'Pietoso nume arcier', chamber duet [PJ, MC]

Francesco Mancini
'Quanto mai saria più bello', cantata [PJ]

Arcangelo Corelli
Trio Sonata Op. 2 No. 6 in G minor

Francesco Bartolomeo Conti
'Quando veggo un'usignolo', cantata for two voices (excerpt: first duet) [PJ, MC]

Alessandro Scarlatti
'Nel cor del cor mio', duet from Amore e Virtù [PJ, MC]

Encores

Benedetto Marcello
'Veggio Fille', first duet from cantata Tirsi e Fileno [PJ, MC]

And an allegro duet that I was not able to identify.

I was actually wrong in my previous comment: their first encore (and not second) was not the same duet as in the Marcello cantata of first part, so that means that there were two sublime duets, hehe, and actually the whole concert was wonderful, including the trio sonatas.

The voices of Philippe and Max go wonderfully together (I was even surprised by that), but there were other interesting duets, between violins I and II, and between Christie (organ, harpsichord) and Cohen (violoncello), with Elizabeth Kenny gracefully plucking her theorbo to complete the continuo. A little group of great musicians, and a very beautiful programme entirely made of works that I did not know.

I did not see the singers after the concert (a few others did), but I did get to spend an hour and a half with the musicians in a café, mostly talking with Christie and Cohen.

There was no signing session at the end. I think the Arts Florissants rarely do that, but expect Philippe to make himself available for some fans at the end, when most are gone.

EDIT: And if you can, go to Grenoble or Blagnac, and do like me: I waited for an hour in a line, 11th of about 35 persons without ticket (it had been sold out for months) and I finally got the exact seat that I wanted for the lowest price, and sat just a couple of minutes before the concert started. It is certainly a better concert, to me, than anything with Spinosi or Pluhar, and it is the kind of thing where Philippe and Max shine the most.
Back to top Go down
http://jaroussky-concerts.perso.sfr.fr/
judith

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty14th January 2011, 15:28

Many thanks MehdiCaps.

I am going to the Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic recital next monday (Odyssud Blagnac, which is in the suburbs of Toulouse, Haute Garonne).
I wanted beforehand to have a "look" (so to speak) or a ear at what the programe would be.
I'll post here whatever memorable event happens during the concert.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty14th January 2011, 21:58

Yesterday I was in Oviedo and I agree in everything what MehdiCaps says.
The program was exactly the same one and neither I managed to know the second bis.
The duets were exquisite, wonderfully sung for the two, but ... when PJ raises his voice, it reaches an incomparable light, of a beauty that leaves you without breath.

Max E. Cencic sing " Ecco che il primo albore ", expressing of a precious form the delicious tenderness of the text, but PJ received in his "Quanto mai saria più bello" the major ovation of the night.

It is the first time that I have seen and live ear to PJ and maybe I am not impartial in my judgment, but it had wanted that the concert lasted very much more time and that he had sung only many more things.

In all the duets, which were indeed, indeed, to die, his voice was wrapping everything with a golden halo.

I saw them closely together, it was in the row 1, thanks to the generosity of our dear friend Gisotiza, and PJ seemed to me to be so young and seemingly so fragile that it shrank the heart. Do not be why.

In the hand program they announce that this concert is going to be edited by Virgin.
Back to top Go down
Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty15th January 2011, 00:10

It´s so great to hear that the concert was wonderful... and that you all enjoy it!... and I love the idea that the concert it´s gonna be edited by Virgin!!... I can´t wait for it!.. Thanks Rosamunda, and I´m very happy for you!
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty15th January 2011, 10:58

comp
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty15th January 2011, 15:36

I do not know the critic of The New Spain (I am of a city very removed from Oviedo), but to say that Mr. Cencic was " to the height, or more, that the galactic Jaroussky " demonstrates, at least, that it trumps the ear.
I liked it very much like sang Max E. Cencic, but his sharp, brilliant and with a few precious crescendos, seems to be dull and with certain tirantez next to the brilliance and the naturalness of PJ's voice.
In this respect, only I know, till now, someone who is capable of singing with PJ and of not disappearing under the grace and the purity of his voice: Andreas Scholl. Both are very different, do not be if his voices fit completely or nó, but be that his " My dearest, my fairest " it is absolutely magisterial. bow
I like very much Max. E. Cencic, but the one who thrills me indeed is Andreas Scholl. And PJ, which I am going to do to him, detains my pulse. swoon
Back to top Go down
Ottavia

Ottavia

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty18th January 2011, 15:11

Hello!

I have just registered but I have been following you actively (particularly the schedule Laughing ). I was at the concert in Oviedo and talked with Rosamunda. I read yesterday the critic from La Nueva España... and I think the critic is terribly narrow minded (not just for his opinions about Mr. Jaroussky and Mr. Cencic).

The concert was incredible, as every time Mr. Jaroussky is on stage (with the so good company he uses to have). I like Mr. Cencic´s voice and technique very much, but I think everyone could recognize he is not reaching the near-perfection Mr. Jaroussky has accustomed us to (and I do not say perfection because I do believe he can even sing better in the future). Besides, he was so nice after the concert...

I enjoyed it so much I am planning to visit London or Paris to see his appearances there in the next months!!! give rose
Back to top Go down
http://irenebenito.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)   Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain) Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaroussky and Max.E. Cencic in Oviedo (spain)
Page 1 of 1