Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Frankfurt - Alte Oper 12. Oktober 2013

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nenuphar

Frankfurt - Alte Oper 12. Oktober 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Frankfurt - Alte Oper 12. Oktober 2013   Frankfurt - Alte Oper 12. Oktober 2013 Empty21st October 2013, 22:23

I’ve been in Frankfurt – and finally I’m able to write some short comment to this unrivaled event.
It was definetely worth waiting for his next concerts so long: It was a brilliant evening with Philippe at his best. But did we expect anything else??? flowers 
As (I think) everybody knows he sang the program of his new CD and his voice was powerful and strong in the virtuosic arias and beautiful soft and soulful for example in “Si pietoso...” and “Le limpid’onde” – both my absolute favourites! Simply to knee down!!!I
In many of the arias he surprised us with new ornamentations, different from the CD, for example in “Alto Giove”, beautiful enough on the disc and even more beautiful sung live on stage...

A big plaudit also to the Venice Baroque Orchestra with Andrea Marcon, who got huge applause as well, especially for the “Concerto Grosso”, performed very spirited and bubbly. From my place I had a good view to the lutenist and it was pure pleasure to watch his face and all his emotions while concentrating on playing or interacting with Marcon and the violoncellist next to him – pure fun and enthusiasm!

At the end of the concert they (ok, for sure mainly Philippe!) got standing ovations and a lot of thrilled clapping and so he gave us two encores: “ Sposa, non mi conosci” and “A braccio a mille furie”. And afterwards he was patient enough to give a long signing session, fulfilling every special wish concerning his autograph – I really wonder how he is able to stand this every time after the concert! (hmmhmm, I have to confess: I joined the queue as well – not willing to miss the chance!!!)

Nice side-effect: I met some people from the forum – greetings to you! embrace
Back to top Go down

Frankfurt - Alte Oper 12. Oktober 2013
Page 1 of 1