Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Madrid 31 october 2013

Go down 
+4
Artemis
Pilarddcc
Duffy
Lullamy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lullamy

Lullamy

Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty
PostSubject: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty1st November 2013, 10:48

A little review:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty1st November 2013, 14:01

A fantastic review, I'd have written exactly the same. He did a wonderful job.drink 
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty1st November 2013, 23:14

I was there!!! I have just wrote this swoon 

The magnificent Farinelli’s tour came to its end yesterday in Madrid and “Oh cielo” what an epic end!
Jaroussky certainly offered a sumptuous recital at the Auditorio Nacional before more than 3000 persons, who crowded the venue. The first “bravo” came just after the second air, the audience was already under his spell. “Si pietoso il suo labbro” was the first of a row of slow/amorous airs that in my opinion were the best of Jaroussky’s repertoire. “Nel già bramoso petto” was my very favorite, the beautiful ornamentations (all composed by Jaroussky), the amazing legato and his impressive technique were absolutely breathtaking. He ended the first part with a stunning “Come in nave”, I still get goose bumps! By then the audience was totally surrendered. During the pause I could overhear some conversations; people’s expectations were already exceeded.

The second part of the recital started with a joyful instrumental piece by Sarti, Andrea Marcon and his ensemble were at their very best. They delivered a beautiful “La Folia” by Gemianini.  In “Dall amor più sventurato” Jaroussky started to sing walking around the scene looking to the back of it, where the numerous seats were too full of people. That was a classy touch for the audience in the back but it was also a prove of his controlled technique. Then the bucolic “L’impide onde” offered an idyllic play between Jaroussky’s pure voice and the flute, people were just delighted!

When his signature air, so to speak, “Alto Giove” arrived the vibe was amazing. He played with Porpora’s most beautiful creation. He picked a note and inflated it, developed it, ornamented it in a sort of delicious manierism that was absolutely mesmerizing. I saw some shiny and about to cry eyes and I totally understand it. He ended the recital with the famous duel with the trumpet in
“Nell’attendere il mio bene”, no words can describe it, but the then the strong answer of the public was eloquent enough. The ovation was so thunderous that he gave us two encores: “Cara sposa”, I swear I heard nothing, no coughing, no weird noises, the atmosphere was so full of sentiment, it was so touching. Then he sang “In braccio a mille furie” a wonderful energy discharge which put an end to an unforgettable night.

Certainly the evening was a memorable one. Jaroussky’s voice filled the big venue. His artistry was especially obvious when he sang without any accompaniment, the sublimity of his voice was often unbearable. I saw people crying. I want to mention his breathtaking “messa di voce” and obviously his “rubato”, the latter proved a deep knowledge of what was the artistry of the vanished castrati. No doubt Jaroussky is not only the most shining star of the baroque music but also the best interpret and also a well-documented researcher/musician who decided to unearthed an almost forgotten composer in order to offer us the very best of Farinelli’s greatest hits.

If Porpora would have attended this recital I am more than sure that he would have been in awe because of that talented and brilliant French singer. I am myself still with my heart absolutely fulfilled by that beauty.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty2nd November 2013, 09:46

Good review, Pilar!  reverence It's really nice to get the views from the audience - as opposed to those of professional critics who often turn up at the concert hall with a blasé "Let's-see-if-you-can-impress-me" attitude.  Unfortunately, the bad reviews of professional critics are usually the most entertaining to read; they know this and play up to it, so you have to learn to read between the lines!

I'm convinced that the used of rubato has made a huge difference to Philippe's text interpretation.  It was noticeable (to me, anyway!)  right from his first aria in Brussels that there was something very different, much, much better.  At first, I thought it might have something to do with his work with Frédéric Faye but now think that Andrea Marcon's insistence on rubato is the more likely explanation.   Anyway, it doesn't really matter what the cause is - I love it! swoon 

My only misgivings about the concert have nothing to do with Philippe.  They lie in the quality of (some of) the music and it's not because of unfamiliarity - the J.C. Bach "Dolce Fiamma" album was also much criticized but it's one of my favourites and I return to it again and again.  Unfortunately, for all his artistry and beauty of voice, Philippe can't turn the bravura arias of Porpora into the great bravura arias of Handel.  He's not an alchemist - although I must admit that he comes pretty close! grin 

A.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty2nd November 2013, 23:11

Lullamy,
unfortunately I don't speak spanish, so your link doesn't help me cry 

Pilarddcc,
what an enthusiastic review! I felt remembered to the concerts in Frankfurt and Munich, which I was lucky enough to enjoy- the audience in those towns gave him standing ovations as well, but, like Philippe once said, the people in Spain are a little bit "more crazy" and express their feelings more emphatic than for example the Germans! And Philippe likes this!
Thank you for your report! wave
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty3rd November 2013, 17:39

Thank you both of you!

Artemis: I also think the inssitence on rubato was because of Marcon, and I think it makes a huge difference. I really enjoyed the renditions of those airs, they were different from the CD, he is very creative and tallent. Unfortunately you're right the only "problem" is the limitations of Popora as a composer, not the performer, and sometimes I think critics don't even care/discern about that.

Nenuphar: I have to say even if it is true that we, spaniards, tend to be more expressive, the enthusiasmos in the concert was just overwhelming. I've never experienced anything like that before.
Back to top Go down
AlexanderBendo

AlexanderBendo

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty3rd November 2013, 18:24

Lullamy

Many thanks for your contribution! flowers 

Nenuphar

There are some internet- translators, you can use in this case.comp 

Pilarddcc

Amazing review! Thanks for sharing your experiences! Do you have some photos, too ? give rose 

Artemis

About rubato...I´m quite sure, Philippe always used this kind of "stolen time" to underline the expressiveness of his performance.

Quote :
Rubato must emerge spontaneously from the music, it can't be calculated but must be totally free. It's not even something you can teach: each performer must feel it on the basis of his or her own sensitivity. There's no magic formula: to assume otherwise would be ridiculous.
Variations of Tempo, the ritardando, accelerando, and tempo rubato, are all legitimate aids demanded by Expression. [...] use is determined by sound judgment and correct musicianly taste."

Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty3rd November 2013, 18:38

Thanks, Alexander Bendo!

I posted my pics here:

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
AlexanderBendo

AlexanderBendo

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty3rd November 2013, 18:42

Pilarddcc

Quote :
This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Sad 

Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty4th November 2013, 01:14

Here you have:

In case you don't have a dropbox account (I have my PhJ files always there, just in case!!) and youa re willing to have one embrace , you can click this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty4th November 2013, 06:47

Thanks, Mr. Bendo! reverence     Is this a quote from Philippe himself?   I guess he's just using rubato to greater effect these days.  Believe me, I've noticed a difference ... grin 

A.
Back to top Go down
AlexanderBendo

AlexanderBendo

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty4th November 2013, 17:51

Pilarddcc

Thank you for the rare pics! give rose 

Artemis

No, it´s a quote from "Style in Singing" by W.E. Haslam.

And I gladly believe you! wink 

Nath29

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty4th November 2013, 19:50

Pilarddcc,
thank you for the wonderful description of the concert and for the photos! I feel like I've been to the concert once again! flowers
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty24th November 2013, 20:24

I'm glad you like it! reverence 
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty12th December 2013, 12:55

I'm not sure where to paste this link, but I guess this pic was taken after the concert in Madrid, so just in case you haven't seen it yet (it's around in the social media)

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty12th December 2013, 13:17

Pilarddcc

OMG!!! Is it an real photo?  surprised Seem to be real..... heat 

What about are the people talking there?

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty12th December 2013, 15:08

hahaha, yes it's real! It was posted in the twitter of a Spanish soprano. It was taken in a Halloween party in Madrid after the last cocnert of Farinelli's tour, or at least it seems so. The pic was in public domain, so I hope it won't hurt to post it here. I think it's such a nice pic, a very espontaneous one!

People are talking about nosense, parties, nothing related to the pic!
Back to top Go down
AlexanderBendo

AlexanderBendo

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty13th December 2013, 20:23

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

El Emperador himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  horseman affraid 

Thanks, Pilarddcc!  give rose 

( And I like our new header Happy New Year )

Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty13th December 2013, 23:19

You're more than welcomed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madrid 31 october 2013   Madrid 31 october 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

Madrid 31 october 2013
Page 1 of 1