Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
temp

BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty
PostSubject: BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December   BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty1st December 2014, 08:59

1.00 pm Monday 8th
The acclaimed countertenor Philippe Jaroussky and his baroque group Ensemble Artaserse perform an all-Vivaldi programme live at Wigmore Hall in London.

Concerto for strings in C minor RV120
Stabat Mater RV621
Concerto for strings in D RV123
Longe mala, umbrae, terrores RV629.

Here is the link. Don’t panic if you can’t catch it. The programme will be available 30 days after the broadcast
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December   BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty1st December 2014, 09:20

On You Tube!! :

Philippe Jaroussky's legendary Vivaldi concert in Barcelona with Ensemble Artaserse>>

A complete and wonderful concert!! clapping heat happy
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December   BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty1st December 2014, 09:39

Thanks, Temp! It's some comfort to know that this concert will be broadcast. I was lucky enough to get a ticket but Eurostar has been cancelled (due to strike action in my country) on that day so I'm unable to attend.cry

A.

Mercè,

Thanks for the tip! flowers

A.
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December   BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty8th December 2014, 11:22

Thanks for telling us, "temp"! - I've checked so the link works internationally also! - I'll tune in on it again in about an hour and a half... - I'm really looking forward to hear this! sunny
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December   BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty8th December 2014, 17:03

My Goodness, what a concert this was!!

I thought Stabat Mater was slightly rushed and somewhat too much ornamentation but once he began Longe mala, umbrae, terrors…Well, it is a cliché but it was spellbound and extraordinary.

It takes a brave and very confident countertenor to have a concert programme with only two substantial works, as there is no hiding place. Countertenors tend to programme wide ranging songs to show what they can do but clearly, Philippe didn’t need such a trick. I know I am biased but, with all those excellent countertenors about these days, I believe Philippe really is in a class of his own.

Ensemble Artaserse sounded wonderfully luxurious.
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December   BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty8th December 2014, 20:03

Yes, Ensemble Artaserse sounds great and also made excellent display of professionalism.

At one point, the violin of Raul Orellana brokes a string; like lightning, a violinist gave to Raul her violin and she came out of stage. It all happened in a second; the interpretation continued as if nothing had happened and the public, in the end, applauded as ever.

A concert that we won't forget easily!!
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December   BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty26th January 2016, 20:38

Radio Ö1, ORF "Konzert am Vormittag"

(Austria · If you have time = in the morning > time 10.05)

Philippe Jaroussky, Ensemble Artaserse · (Barcelona, 26 November 2014)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

music  music  music
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December   BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December Empty

Back to top Go down

BBC Radio3 Live from Wigmore Hall: 8th December
Page 1 of 1