Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Does a musician’s personality matter to us?

Go down 
+18
SKNinHawaii
Rosamunda
*JaRoWi1647*
broschette
rikkapijemy
Nenuphar
bpidouxl
SJuli
Pilarddcc
idubrov
Mercè
tuffy942
temp
Joanna
carolineleiden
Artaserse
Duffy
karenpat
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Duffy

Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty11th March 2012, 13:47

-

Last edited by Duffy on 5th August 2012, 10:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : -)
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty11th March 2012, 18:35

Dear Tuffy, I strongly agree with you:
"I 'd give him the world".
I would also give him the world.
You are the most spontaneous of this forum. kiss
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty11th March 2012, 19:57

tuffy942

Quote :
I 'd give him the world

As I dared once to tell him "I 'd give you the world, but I can´t".... he answered " But I don´t need the world! I´m happy with that what I already have!"

swoon
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty11th March 2012, 20:01

Oh, I love this man!!! inlove
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty11th March 2012, 22:53

Hmmm. The only man I ever told I'd give him the world I ended up marrying....
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty11th March 2012, 23:17

carolineleiden

I already have three children...))))
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty11th March 2012, 23:20

That's three more men to give to world to. smile
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty5th April 2012, 09:56

Ladies, you do realise that there are, in the toy shops, little puzzle balls, of, among others...a little globe? Two cubic inches large, weight maybe 50 grams. smile

Sounds like a practical present!

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty12th April 2012, 07:04

Maybe, we should start a new topic - " What kind of a gift is good and comfortable enough for the famous musician who travels a lot by the plane and can´t take along him all the bottles, flowers, teddies, doll - kitchens, fan- drawings , chocolate- boxes, living kittens etc. ???"
Back to top Go down
Nath29

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty24th November 2013, 10:37

SJuli wrote:
Pilarddcc wrote:

If someone would tell me two moths ago thata I woulb be obssesed like a fan girl about an artist I would have laughed...
Never say never!  Laughing
It’s a pity I am a couple of years late to take part in this discussion in real time, about how you have nobody in your surroundings to share your passion for PJ works and the baroque music on the whole, about how you are listening  to PJ CDs when alone in the car, etc. But nevertheless I decided  to indulge myself and to make a post here (even if nobody answers) because from what I’ve read on this thread I have many kindred souls here who think and feel about PJ’s work and his amiable personality the same way as I do. agree   And (what is important for me) as I understood not all people here are musicians, so there are some dilettantes like myself.
Music is not in the sphere of my professional interests and it must be due to that that I only discovered PJ this year. After some concert I was checking singers’ videos on YT and came across PJ’s video La Dolce Fiamma. I was fascinated by the beauty of his exquisite caressing voice and by the enthusiasm with which he narrated about JC Bach. I loved both the voice and the way the singer was sharing his knowledge. So I listened more of his videos and there was no way back.swoon 
My 83- year old mother was staying with me for quite some time and observed how I was using every free minute at home to listen to more videos, downloading and listening arias and operas, sitting beyond midnight translating  Italian texts of arias and operas and reading all articles I could find about him, how I was buying all available  CDs and DVDs, listening to CDs in the car, going out always with my earpieces on listening to PJ arias from my mobile, and then once my mother looked at me with sympathy and said thoughtfully: “Now I understand what “being a fan” means!”.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty24th November 2013, 11:10

Dear Nath29,

As you already knows you're not the only one under his spell. The other day I was talking with a good friend of mine, she is a PJ's admirer and also a knowledgeable person. She told me this kind of phenomenon deserves to be studied, as fas as she knows (and it's a lot!) there is no other artist in the classic realm who provokes this kind of deep and disturbing passion. Even if there are obviously a bunch of classical singers who also have a strong fan base, none of them "force" this sort of disruption (I don't if I use the correct word here?) in his/her admirers daily life. There is a clear pattern in all of us, and everytime someone shares how she/he discovered Philippe's voice and how it affects her/his life the story is more or less the same. And yes, you're right, there is no way back!! But it's a great source of joy, concerning the cons: you have to start saving to attend his concerts!!! Laughing

hugs 
Back to top Go down
Nath29

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty24th November 2013, 15:00

Dear Pilarddcc!

Thank you for your warm reply! kiss 
I love how you put it as “disturbing passion” and “sort of disruption”! stars  But no doubt it’s a happy disruption! I am always in good mood or even high spirits since I started listening to PJ. His performance definitely has a therapeutic effect on me. I don’t want to say that I am in any way psychologically unstable or have some special inclination to depressions. On the contrary, I am considered to be quite a rational person in most respects. But I feel absolutely infatuated and happy when I am listening to him singing!  You are right saying that Philippe's voice is a great source of joy.
I’ve been to his concert in Moscow this September. Hope to visit some more in the future. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty24th November 2013, 19:17

Nath29

Thank you for your very nice post!flowers 
I liked the reaction of your mum - so really hearty and honest! inlove 

I just hope, your admiration will not dwindle into some kind of a " disturbing passion ", that would be really pity. Enjoy your being a fan ( as your mum surely told you, too) , you´re very welcome in our community!
Back to top Go down
Nath29

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty25th November 2013, 05:46

*JaRoWi1647* wrote:
Nath29

Thank you for your very nice post!flowers 
I liked the reaction of your mum - so really hearty and honest! inlove 

I just hope, your admiration will not dwindle into some kind of a  " disturbing passion ", that would be really pity. Enjoy your being a fan ( as your mum surely told you, too) , you´re very welcome in our community!
Jana, thank you for your welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does a musician’s personality matter to us?   Does a musician’s personality matter to us? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does a musician’s personality matter to us?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Voice.-
Jump to: