Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare

Go down 
+13
Kelalla
SJuli
Pilarddcc
Sonia2
Vandea
carolineleiden
vscott
Artemis
Rosamunda
tuffy942
Duffy
karenpat
Saskia
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Saskia

TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty
PostSubject: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty20th April 2012, 11:17

The Opera Giulio Cesare (Händel) will be live on ARTE-TV.

Date: 27. May 2012 (Sunday)
(European Time: 17:00 o`clock)

Founded on emi-website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Enjoy! good

More infos to this event: Salzburg Festival

Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty20th April 2012, 20:39

Does Arte have the exclusive rights? I know 3Sat has broadcasted a few operas from the Salzburg festival before....*crosses fingers because I actually have that channel*
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty21st April 2012, 09:53

karenpat, I don`t know about exclusive rights.
The emi-website shows Arte-.

I will give you the link of 3Sat-website > The programm in advance!!!
In few days, we will know more:
wave

Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty3rd May 2012, 19:32

TIME ! Opera live (17:00 o'clock/Salzburg)

Arte broadcasts the Opera Giulio Cesare delayed
from 20:40 to 00:30 o'clock
(230 minutes)

Information: comp

In addition, you will find the Arte-program three weeks in advance: embrace
arte-french: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
arte-german: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ENJOY this Sunday evening ... good
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty3rd May 2012, 21:53

An evening with a bit of champagne, perhaps. It will be great. embrace
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Great idea   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty4th May 2012, 09:18

Yes Duffy,
all, we will sit in the first row with very good champagne or a delicious red wine? agree
Great idea !!!
"Avec Terrine en croûte ? smile

Last edited by Saskia on 4th May 2012, 09:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : great idea)
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty4th May 2012, 09:36

Saskia,
je préfère carpaccio d'agneau....mais ce qui concerne le vin je suis d'accord. drunk
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty11th May 2012, 02:57

Actually they do have champagne and wine tasting at 5 on the opening night, 25...A few of you may be there and I would love to say hello. This is such an exciting night and the many divas and divos there will be wonderful. But I am there to see the most wonderful one. hugs I will be there also the 27. There was a crazy mixup with tickets and I ended up with more than I needed......always happens due to my senile brain. I am looking forward to seeing some great friends drinks happy
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty11th May 2012, 08:46

Hello, Tuffy!.
Your brain senile made ​​you a gift!. You'll see and hear Felipe TWICE!. Laughing
I will also be in Salzburg the day 27.... but August.
Helas! I would love to meet you. kiss
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty14th May 2012, 22:26

I've had the invitation to the champagne and wine tasting too - I look upon it as an opportunity to off-set the exorbitant cost of the tickets! I mustn't over-indulge though, or I will be seeing our Tesoro in double (hmm, on second thoughts ... )

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to it tremendously - with my favourite countertenors all lined up like ducks in a row (only Maxie will be missing), I'll be in seventh heaven ...

Hope to see some of you there!

A.
Back to top Go down
vscott

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty15th May 2012, 04:30

Does anyone know if I would be able to see this program on the internet? I don't get this channel in the US.
Thank you wave
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty15th May 2012, 13:42

I would love to meet anyone who will be there cheering our favorite countertenor on . it will be a great bonus to my trip! I will be at the Weisse Taube from the 24 on and will be glad to see you. Artemis, I hope I meet you at the cocktail which I will hate because I don't like parties where I don't know anyone. blush blush blush Rosamunda, I would love to meet you too! Senile brain or not..Many hugs! I leave for Prague on Saturday and will spend a few days there before Salzburg. OMG. I'll be the old lady in a walker.Almost.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty15th May 2012, 16:44

Tuffy,

Don't worry - I hate cocktail parties as much as you do; they always bring out my inner "Scrooge" (Bah! Humbug!) and I'll easily be the oldest person in the room, therefore instantly recognizable.

I'm there for both performances too. Nothing wrong with your brain in booking for both performances - you obviously know when you are on to a good thing!

Have a great time in Prague.

A.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty17th May 2012, 09:17

It will be possible to buy an original CD or better a DVD?

Is someone authorized to provide this information? Or is it to early?
I didn`t find an information in the world wide web.

I would love to give an original DVD for a old lady, who had seen this opera
many, many years ago!!! That would be a perfect gift. reverence flowers
Also, I would like to buy an original for my personal "treasure box".
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty26th May 2012, 13:34

clapping kiss friends clapping OMG OMG OMG It was beautiful!!!!!!Full theater. Minimalist decor but I thought it was very effective in reds and blacks. Great body movements, dancers etd. I thought I was going to hate it because of the modern clothes...but no, they went right into the action. The voices, superb. Cacilia Bartoli does whatever she wants, up, down , sideways, with her voice...she is a diva! Von Otter looked very beautiful and regal. Sensitive and warm with her son. Lots of hugging. Grrr. Scholl has great presence, he is a lovely man. His voice, so beautiful, did not project so well and when Philippe sang he blew everyone away. Loud, beautiful, expressive and ultra cute. His transformation from little altar boy to a man who has murdered and suffered but feeling it deeply is incredible, I thought the best acting was at the end when he says nothing, just sits, forlorn, sad, the waves of suffering roll from him like a tsunami. I also adored him without a shirt but that is beside the point. Ahem Severe fluffy alert. Everyone else pales in comparison but I loved Scholl in a sea of squirming bodies, many great visual moments, the egyptian dancer silhouettes highlighting Cleo's Piangero, on a red background, the ickiness of the repulsive horny Tolemy, etc. More tomorrow after I see it for the second time ..What an amazing production. The ovations went on and on. Incredible. I will be back when I see him, I mean them, again. Pilarddcc this one's for you. Hope to see him in person. friends
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty26th May 2012, 14:35

Thank you for the first review, Tuffy!! embrace
I thought I would hate a lot to this production and the singers love much. After reading your first impression, maybe things aren't so bad.
Philippe the best of all, the cutest and no shirt! OMG! Cool
We hope your second review!
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty26th May 2012, 15:18

Tuffy
wonderful! I already had the impression of hearing a new power and strength in his voice, a new facet, when he sang Caravaggio. Now I know I was right.
They all will be even better tomorrow, if it is possible at all, without the pressure of the premiere... So we are going to experience the fluffy alert and everything else tomorrow night crazy

Some of you who may not be able to watch ARTE will probably have the opportunity to see the opera here:

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty26th May 2012, 15:35

Ooops,
try if you can watch this, a little appetizer....choose the broadcast of Friday 25th May

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] flowers

Last edited by Duffy on 26th May 2012, 23:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : time)
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty26th May 2012, 17:27

Of course he has no shirt on! There are nasty stains on it. All that blood. The thing is backstage, soaking in a bucket of cold water.

Last edited by carolineleiden on 26th May 2012, 17:36; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty26th May 2012, 17:31

Of course, to be clean for the next murder tomorrow,
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty26th May 2012, 19:33

I was laughing the whole time about the laundry bills!! lol
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty27th May 2012, 16:43

Reciever is programmed! And I´m looking forward for tonight. Seems to be an interesting staging and Philippe looks gorgous! give heart
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty27th May 2012, 22:49

Not visible in Holland.... cry
Back to top Go down
Sonia2

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty27th May 2012, 23:31

Oh Caroline, I'm so sorry!! But are you sure? On ARTE web?? It's on right now...
Well, there's one good thing about my country (said Pollyanna!!!)....
Nobody would bother bloking it, perhaps I'm the only one watching!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty27th May 2012, 23:41

It's a pity, Caroline! Thanks to Duffy I discovered that I can actually watch it from Spain. Just in time to watch Philou in "Sono nata a lacrimar". I don't understand why can't it be watched from Holland? Some kind of copyright thing??
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 00:21

Perhaps your browser. It didn't work for me with Chrome but did with Firefox.
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 00:26

It was the stupid firewall. I saw the last twenty minutes....Saw Philippe kill Tolomeo. Never thought I would see him with a rifle!

Bartolli was amazing. Philippe, I hardly heard him, I cannot judge....
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 00:27

But I think that maybe we can watch it in the following days in Arte website...
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 01:18

Philippe vous m'avez laissé sans mots. How about the Met ? kiss

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 01:21

I've just watched!! prankster
Back to top Go down
Sonia2

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 01:28

carolineleiden wrote:
It was the stupid firewall. I saw the last twenty minutes....

Oooooooooh NOOOOO!!!!!
That's angry angry angry affraid affraid affraid affraid !!!!!

Caroline, on ARTE WEB it says that it's gonna be available for 60 days, you can watch it any day you want. Just a few days ago I watched some parts of the concert "Los pajaros perditos " that was live on 07/02.
I didn't watch it tonight either, I had things to do and I didn't want anything to disrupt me!!!
I'm planning to watch it later this week.
(From the little I saw, I think I'm going to keep within reach some medicines for my poor heart!!!)
Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 02:46

Ah, there are only 40 minutes from the opera wise

What a pity!
Back to top Go down
vscott

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 07:47

Yes there is only 40 minutes. Will they put the complete opera on ARTE?
I also have a hard time getting the videos to play right. The music and the picture is not in sync.
Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 08:39

you can watch the opera on Arte's website for the next 60 days:

I didn't watch the whole opera yet, I missed much of Scholl's music, but musically speaking it was superb. The biggest surprise were Von Otter, magnificent artist in total command of the role with mesmerizing alto timber with no hint of the prominent vibrato her voice gained lately. The other surprise was Jochen Kowalski whom I thought retired from singing, with still glorious voice (with the evident wear of it of course) and apparently big and resonant one.

All the other I heard 2 years ago in this opera in Paris, then with Chrisite. I still think that that evening was one of the greatest musical experiences of my life, so it would be difficult to compare whatching them on TV. There was pure magic in the air when Bartoli and Jaroussky sang. Yesterday they were fantastic of course, you can feel the roles are theirs already, total involvement and great sense of drama, not to mention perfect musical rendition. Tolomeo is now Dumeau's calling card, the voice is magnificently resonant, astonishing coloratura work.

I didn't like most of the production It was modern with no good taste, Bartoli taking off on the missle was preposterous, Dumeaux masturbating on a playboy issue....It seems like the directors watched too often Peter Sellars' production of Cesare, where Drew Minter dances in underwear while singing "Belle dee". On the other hand I must say that the scene when Cleopatra reveal her true identity was dramatic and effective, and for once not comic and stupid, even though the audience giggled.
Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 09:08

The сhannel of the unknown benefactor
(I think, they will quickly remove it):
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 09:56

It is all there on ARTE+7: 262 minutes.

Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 12:04

Re-watching is not available from my country... cry But at least I could watch the live broadcast!
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 15:00

I wasn't able to watch last night and I get an error message from the watch again link..however I've watched mutewoman's videos (even more of them now..I downloaded philippe's arias right away for safe keeping) and it seems like an interesting production. Even if it is apparently a little raunchy/graphic it doesn't steal the attention from the music. Philippe's acting impressed me, he seems to be improving, or maybe it's just that the role of Sesto fits him like a glove. I melted into a puddle of goo during Cara speme (one of my favourite Händel arias). air kiss 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
nightspell
Admin
nightspell

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 20:47

Vandea wrote:
Reciever is programmed! And I´m looking forward for tonight. Seems to be an interesting staging and Philippe looks gorgous! give heart

Vandea,
Did you record successfully? Please share! I can make a dvd as usual. drinks I prefer TV recording quality than Internet stream
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 21:18

I hope so! I can tell tomorrow after I pick up the USB Stick from my parents.

And good to hear that you will be again so kind to make a DVD. drinks And of course I´ll share it with you. kiss
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 21:20

party happy happy happy happy happy happy

Thanks!!

I'm downloading all those videos in YT, just in case...
Back to top Go down
nightspell
Admin
nightspell

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 21:22

Vandea,
It would be great! good Thank you so much

Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 21:27

So let´s cross fingers that it recorded it correctly. But I´m positiv of it. Until now I only know that my mom didn´t turn it off, as she did once before. bad And I programmed it myself and with overtime.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty28th May 2012, 23:27

Arte does reruns of the full four and a half hours. (that just fly by!)

I kind of liked the graphic scenes, certainly no reasons for booing. (which I find terribly rude, btw) Not the one with the intestines maybe, but well, war is not only glory but mostly gory, and this production shows just that, and it is a proper setting for the story of a shy boy having to grow up too fast and do terrible things because of the circumstances.

And Christophe Dumaux as a depraved tyrant: great vocal and body language skills. All he needed to do was check out the boys in the eh, problem quartiers of Paris or Marseille-I recognized the type immediately! Great belly too... Why didn't he take off his shirt? wink
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty29th May 2012, 14:06

Dear Vivaldi:
I totally agree with you that the version of Giulio Cesare in Paris-2010 is unattainable. I have heard many times the Christmas gift that you did the forum (and now I thank you) and "Cara speme" is a delicacy, a beautiful, a light and very difficult to match. I think it has to do with the fact that the opera in concet or performances are much more comfortable for some singers because it allows them to focus their attention only on the music. An opera represented requires attention to many fronts simultaneously. Furthermore, it was Christie.

There is a wealth of reviews, and I leave here some more:

I saw the entire broadcast (day 27) and I agree on what the reviews say, but I do not insist on staging, but it seems clear that there is horrible to say, for example: "But music is so wonderful that it surpasses anything that exists on the Stage" or" Handel and these performers are able to make us forget the lack of talent, ideas or the vulgarity of the staging. "In other words, the music I'm hearing has to fight what I'm seeing? And win the game?. I think that its function is precisely the contrary, enhance the beauty, grace, or the thrill of the score. Anyway.

As for the voices, I am also with Vivaldi: Philippe, von Otter, Kovalski and Dumaux are the ones I have come really far above all others.
Philippe I seemed wonderful in all respects, von Otter moving, his voice surprisingly recovered from the massive concert in Paris in January, so in his role and so deep and elegant, that if he had another stage….
Jochen Kovalski left me with his mouth open with his voice faded and beautiful and unsurpassed personification of a Nirena, modest, small-town, hard and brave. Fantastic
The Ptolemy of Dumaux always the same, with hints of more or less rude (I know, at least 5 versions of his Ptolemy), but his voice is amazing and his performance is very effective.

The direction of the actors has had moment of true inspiration: "Son nata a lagrimar" is as wonderful as expressive of a heartbreaking moment: Cornelia took off the earrings and the necklace with an acceptance of his fate so dignified, so beautiful, Sesto bent at the pain, unable to face his mother, and both separated by a ruthless Attila is a plasticity that is heartbreaking. And their wonderful voices…The most accomplished of the whole performance for me.
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty29th May 2012, 14:07

Good news! I´ve got the recording....this time a huuuuuuuuuge file! Will take awhile to upload it for you nightspell.
Back to top Go down
nightspell
Admin
nightspell

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty29th May 2012, 18:46

Good to hear it! dance

Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty29th May 2012, 18:49

You have to be patient!

That will take days to upload all the files.... surprised nearly 15GB !!!!!

This time the recording file was split in 7 files! And I split those files the whole afternoon into .rar for uploading. Just a hint how long it would take this time...
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty29th May 2012, 18:54

I agree with most of you that saw this jewel. I was lucky enough to see it both days so I could concentrate on different things. But mostly on Sesto. However, there was much to admire. Von Otter is an elegant and super nice lady, dressed in flip flops when she came out to go home,(or dinner) very gracious ,she signed for whoever asked. Bartoli sang so joyfully and freely I was really elated, superb coloratura, breath control, gorgeous pianissimos....incredible altogether. What ENERGY!!!
Great to see Kowalski also; he is so low key and modest, very quietly receiving all his deserved applause. Andreas Scholl is a class act: handsome and imposing, he was the perfect emperor. Love his humor when the car door got stuck the first night. His last duetto was really beautiful, as they rolled around on the floor lovingly and Sesto watched with big eyes .....still a kid? This attention to detail is one thing that impressed me, like Ottavia not letting her son have too much champagne....sweet. I cannot warm up to Dumaux and the crudity of his role did not help. But...as someone said, to each...
Achilla was moving in his role as rejected lover and his change at the end. Actually this is one of the things I most admire about this opera. The characters' evolution was clearly portrayed, some more than others.Psychologically well done.
I did congratulate PJ on his acting and he asked very anxiously "Did it come through? I was trying to do that, I am glad people could see it!" He is such a perfectionist!
I have not forgotten Curio who was also great in his smaller role, and I appreciated again the scenography, the GREAT representation of the war, the subtle rolling movements of the dancers, etc etc. There was so much to enjoy!! happy clapping clapping
Back to top Go down
nightspell
Admin
nightspell

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty29th May 2012, 19:19

Vandea wrote:
You have to be patient!

That will take days to upload all the files.... surprised nearly 15GB !!!!!

This time the recording file was split in 7 files! And I split those files the whole afternoon into .rar for uploading. Just a hint how long it would take this time...

Such size means HD quality which is good. But why recorder keep splitting the files? Maybe you can cancel this in the recorder's settings?

Rar splitting files much faster then you choose "compression method"-> "store" but such splitting don't even required if using file hosting service which accepting files up to 2GB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare   TV — ARTE:  Live  >Opera Giulio Cesare Empty

Back to top Go down

TV — ARTE: Live >Opera Giulio Cesare
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next