Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Concert in Amsterdam

Go down 
+6
*JaRoWi1647*
SKNinHawaii
carolineleiden
Pilarddcc
Duffy
Rosamunda
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

Concert in Amsterdam Empty
PostSubject: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty18th February 2012, 14:15

Ave, Carolina:
Happy trip, happy concert, happy weekend.
With a lot of envy and all my good desires.
A kiss for the two. kiss
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty18th February 2012, 17:17

Rosamunda,
which two? The left and the right cheek? He would deserveeven more, that is sure. But it's the Händel concert ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty18th February 2012, 19:41

I hope you enjoy a lot! Ans please share with us your review!
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty19th February 2012, 14:47

Million kiss for the left cheek + million kiss for right cheek = two millions
Million kiss for the eye left + million kiss for the right eye (two greens)= two millions
Million kiss for......etc. etc.= million million Cool
Are you happy, Duffy?
And finally, a kiss to the sparkling mom and one for his beautiful daughter. kiss
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty19th February 2012, 19:41

Well, Nenuphar recognized me by that daughter after the signing.smile

We were the last in the very very long line because she was wearing killer heels, and so we had a drink in the foyer where she could sit down while he was signing. And then it went all really fast, because he had a plane to catch, so I gave him a small present ("For me? Oh, I got so many presents, look!") and thanked him and wished him good luck tonight and that was that. Twenty seconds, if that. Sorry girls, kiss him yourself next time you see him! (Good thing for him because we just had eaten garlic olives in the foyer, and we had a breath on us that would floor a horse.) Then my daughter was up, and she got an autograph on her Dolce Fiamma poster, which will hang in the hall of her student flat where the boys will probably draw beards and moustaches on him...

She was the treat of the concert for me. She did not know him yet, and fell under the spell of the beauty of baroque and of his voice during the first slow aria, and I wanted that for her. He was in form, relaxed, great voice, no mistakes, not one! Before the break we managed to score two seats in the middle and up front, from two people who were late, (Ha!) where we were so close we could hear him breath in. (We forget that: they have to breathe in too!) After the intermission we had to split up, because they showed up after all, and I put her in the front, and I could not see her anymore. But she was there where the magic was strongest, not ten meters away, enveloped in that sound. I was sitting more to the side, at twenty meters distance, which is still close, and cursing my bad eyesight, but the sound was great. He fills the hall, and when the last note dies away, you can hear a pin drop.

It was the regular Händel programme, like already described by other members, and three encores, (Venti Turbini, Alto Giove and Ombra Mai Fu) and an audience so enthousiastic he almost got shy and gestured for us to sit down because yes yes he was going to do that third encore. After the last time he waved at us, it was really over. (Managed to fall down the same stage stairs not one, not two, but three times! )

It was a serious show, no fun and jokes. But beautiful singing, clear, strong voice, bright sustained highs, wonderful expression in the slower arias, fantastic precise coloratures, he is completely in control, without any mikes. The orchestra is great, and I did not hear one single mistake. Amazing, how these people can just DO this on a regular sunday afternoon! The Concertgebouw is a fantastic room to play, renowned for its acoustics. The Dutch audience was a bit distant at first, but after the first fast aria the bravo's started. And they kept coming all through the rest of the programma, together with the calls and cries and whistles. The organisation and also the backstage employees said they had never encountered such enthousiasm at a concert, and also never such a long signing line that went on around the corner and lasted more than an hour.

I admire his patience and kindness during the signing. I could tell how pressed for time he was, but he did not stop until everybody had his or her autograph. The organisor comes from my hometown, and he was frantically calling on the phone to get a cab driver with a racinglicense. smile Crosstowntraffic in Amsterdam is killing...tonight we will see if he made it on time!

I hope he doesn't just ditch all the presents....

Last edited by carolineleiden on 19th February 2012, 23:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty19th February 2012, 19:53

Great review Caroline! I am glad you and your daughter enjoyed so much. I was waiting for your report!
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty19th February 2012, 20:48

carolineleiden wrote:

She was the treat of the concert for me. She did not know him yet, and fell under the spell of the beauty of baroque and of his voice during the first slow aria, and I wanted that for her.

What a precious gift for your daughter, Caroline, and so pretty picture of she wrapped in music and the voice of Philippe!

carolineleiden wrote:

But beautiful singing, clear, strong voice, bright sustained highs, wonderful expression in the slower arias, fantastic precise coloratures, he is completely in control, without any mikes.

How I wished I was there!
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty20th February 2012, 01:12

Dear Carolineleiden:

Happy to hear that you gave a fantastic opportunity for your daughter to hear Philippe !! Your daughter will always remember the evening of beauty and your love which lead her to it. I wish I could have done that to my daughter.

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty20th February 2012, 08:55

carolineleiden

Wonderful review, many thanks! flowers

The acoustics at Concertgebouw is superb, so I´m sure, it was an amazing experience for you as well as for your daughter.

Quote :
"For me? Oh, I got so many presents, look!"

So so, our good guy was amply rewarded by the generous Dutch audience? inlove

And - have you met any " green ribbons" ? agree
Back to top Go down
peacefulworld

peacefulworld

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty20th February 2012, 11:10

Indeed, it was incredible concert. His pianissimo is more than perfect.
PJ made us speechless by beauty of music and made us enthusiastic by wonder of music.

By the way, as carolineleiden mentioned he was in hurry. Because he said he had to go back to Paris because of attending "Victoires de la musique classique" on 20th.

I was together with six friends and husband.
I could not notie any "green ribbons". sorry.

Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty20th February 2012, 11:26

I did not see any green ribbons, but I wasn't wearing one either. I had this tall blond pretty girl beside me, and Nenuphar recognized me because of her. (That was funny. )

But it was so busy and crowded that you could hardly find anyone. Besides, the corridors and stairs run all around the great and small halls there, and I got lost everytime I went into that maze. So even with the green ribbons we probably would not have run into eachother.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty22nd February 2012, 21:38

After returning from Amsterdam I’m now able to add a little bit to the very nice and informative review of Caroline.
I had the chance to have a few days off – so when I decided to go to the concert I decided as well to use this visit to see a little bit of Amsterdam, too. So I stayed 4 nights ( and that’s why I told Caroline, that she had to write the first review, because I was travelling without my laptop!). In the end I didn’t regret my city-trip – but in the first hours after the concert I was in a kind of depression: after looking forward to it for such a long time, the concert was now all over: what the hell should I do now here anymore??? (ok, I finally made my days quite nice, informative and enjoyable!)
Like Caroline said: it was a beautiful concert with Philippe at his best. I had a seat in the first row, quite in the middle, not very comfortable because you got some problems in the neck: you had to look very much upside – but on the other hand it was quite a symbolic place: to be at his feet, looking up to him!!!! give heart
Because he was leaving the stage on the left side and I was sitting a little bit more to the right – I didn’t see him stumbling over the stairs!
And yes, the audience was very enthousiastic with Bravo and Bravissimo shoutings and a lot of whistling. I personally prefer the more slow and emotional pieces (like “Alto Giove” and “Ombra mai fu” as the encores), but the audience went more crazy for the virtuosic pieces like “Come nubbe che fugge dal vento” and “Venti turbini”.
And despite of all the time pressure he was so patient and friendly during the signing, although quite a lot of people didn’t mind to ask him for 3, 4 or even more autographs....and “Of course! Come around!” he took the time to pose for a photo with me...... prankster (when it was my turn my french knowledge was again all gone, like usual, I had to ask him in English!!!)
Quite a lot of people didn’t leave after they got their autograph but stayed until the end, just being fascinated by his charm and courtesy – and when he finally left in a complete hecticness, but still smiling and waving to the people, they all clapped their hands for a last compliment, appreciation and good-bye.
And yes, I hope, he didn’t ditch my present!!!
It was nice to meet Caroline, but it was really just good luck – too many people, nearly 2000, so even the green ribbon would have been very difficult to spot!
To all the people of the Forum: I don’t want to make you envious, but I just want to tell you – I already have my ticket for the next concert in March in Neumarkt!!! roll eyes
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty22nd February 2012, 21:54

My French also deserted me when I'm in need, I mean when Iam before our diletto!!! inlove
Nice review, thanks for sharing and enjoy your next concert!
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty22nd February 2012, 22:22

Nenuphar

Quote :
I had a seat in the first row, quite in the middle, not very comfortable because you got some problems in the neck: you had to look very much upside

That is the reason to never buy tickets for the first ( I´d say three) rows at the Concertgebouw! The seats there are therefore cheaper .

The " really" first row is there the fourth, but the acoustics and the sight are really great also if you´re sitting much more far from the stage.

Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty22nd February 2012, 22:47

Artaserse
I know - but I just love to be really close...... prankster
Back to top Go down
Astarto

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty25th February 2012, 20:33

carolineleiden and Nenuphar
Thank you for the interesting reviews!

Well, I guess whether presents get ditched also has something to do with some of their characteristices. I once was near the end of PhJ´s signing line, and when I arrived, I noticed half a dozen of those child-fist-size stone hearts lying on the table. Ehm, the guy travels, practically daily...? - Stone? Child-fist size? And half a dozen, one tour with eight concerts, 48 - that supposed to strengthen his arm muscles, or what? And say he does hundred concerts a year, 600 stone hearts per year? Suure, that makes sense! wink
But I am certain you gave him something that he did appreciate, and that he does not ditch such presents.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty25th February 2012, 20:52

Astarto,

I gave him a very nice bunch of flowers before the concert, which he liked a lot, but definitely didn't take with him (what didn't surprise me - what should he do with it on the plane! So for me it was just a symbol of appreciation!) and I gave him a bottle of champagne, which he loved, too, so I hope, he took this present with him.... (otherwise I would have preferred to drink it myself... prankster
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 02:43

Nenuphar,
champagne, yummy, yummy. I'd like to know if he is checked at the gate or if they just let him pass through with his laptop bag...he must have been running to get the plane. I hope he had the opportunity to enjoy it in Paris...no, I'm sure about it, now we know why he left the bow tie open the following evening! drink

Last edited by Duffy on 26th February 2012, 02:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 06:06

Duffy,

I think the way PhJ left bow tie open was very chic !! I think he cares much more about the way he dresses, looks and appeals on stage than he acts, rather
nonchalant way most of the time. or is it my imagination ??
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 06:09

Astarto

Did you ever figured out what those stones were meant to be or did you have a chance to ask PhJ what he thought they were ??
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 08:40

Duffy,
OMG, I didn't think of the airport controls!!!! sad
But I like your idea very much, that it might have been my bottle, which made him leave the bow tie open.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 10:24

SKNinHawaii,
I think you're right. And he obviously found a tailor who understands what he needs to feel comfortable on stage...he isn't so shy anymore I feel and he now dares to show who he is. Elegant style, with a twinkle in the eye. This last suit looked gorgeous, especially because he apparently lost some weight. .. very nice to look at... Cool
Back to top Go down
Astarto

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 12:20

SKinHawaii,
I guess such things are supposed to bring good luck, and the stone is chosen according to the sign or something like that. Some people seem to like to carry such things around in their pocket or hold them in their hand while walking. Probably it helps them remember that there is somebody who loves them.

I thought the open bow was very nice, but probably just a last minute idea when he noticed he did not have to wear it really. I think PhJ always dresses according to the wishes of the audience or other people involved, as a courtesy to others. For himself I am sure he would prefer grey pullovers etc. Concerto Cologne had a special dress code with something elso for the first violin etc., so PhJ changed his dress accordingly. Always extremely thoughtful and thinking of the whole group, including the audience.

Duffy,
I am sure the seeming weight as usual was only space in his clothes to enable him to breathe in. Needs a lot of breath wink
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 12:39

Astarto,
then he must have breathed in with his hips some months ago. lol No, there was more of him last springtime. Unfortunately, the golden Nerone costume showed it very clearly.
I saw Concerto Cologne last week. All men wearing classical tails, Markus Hoffmann included, ladies black dresses or trousers. I saw P three times with them, he always wore a black suit, no tie. They prepare to wear the same colour, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 15:09

Duffy, Astarto,

last September in Wien/Vienna all male musicians from Concerto Köln were wearing a dress coat/tailcoat/Frack, and so did Philippe, together with this special dress shirt that belongs to the tailcoat. And he was wearing a tie! So I think, like Astarto, that he is trying to conform with the other musicians.

But with Duffy I agree that the golden Nerone costume showed it clearly, that "there was more of him last springtime" (what a nice phrase!) Laughing

Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 18:38

Astarto:

Thanks for your inf. about the stone. About the open bow tie, PhJ did it before,I remember it was William Christie's Anniversary Gala. I think he does it on purpose and it is very chic embrace I really think PhJ is ore fashion concious than he trying to otherwise. I can imagine he is most comfortable with his grey pullover, who doesn't? When I am home I wear same cloth over and over, day after day. It is
not necessary to own too many clothes anymore, I am locked in a habit !! lol
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 20:42

carolineleiden:

Good to read your post and comments on Youtube. You are such dedicated music
lover. I am still thinking to take voice lesson some day. I was so happy that you went
Phj's concert in Amsterdam with your daughter. The experience will be your treasure
the rest of your life. embrace
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 20:44

Philippe fashion conscious.....riiiight. He just wears what everybody else is wearing for any occasion at a recital, and for opera's he patiently lets himself be dressed up in wigs and goldlame or black feather dresses, halfnaked or with tights, cuts off his hair or grows a hamster, eh, beard.

Look at the weightproblem from the bright side: when there is a little more of Philippe, there is also more of him to love!
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 20:58

Caroline:
Of course you are right, and I think no one of the Forum would accuse him for having a few kilos more no
but if there is "a little bit less" of Philippe, we never would love him less!!! wave
His personality, his charm, his talent, his courteousness, his exceptionally gifted voice are not dependent on his weight!!!!
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 21:15

Nenuphar:

You said it all !! PhJ is one of a kind. I have never met any young man with so much
warmth, sincerity and humbleness. This last good quality comes from within himself
however he is brought up by the parent who gave him such a great start. He is a
solid human being never to loose that humbleness no matter how his external circumstances changed in the last several years and brought him the fame and adoration from all the directions. His solid up-bringing always remind him to stay
humble and respectful to his parents, his teachers and colleges. I met his parents and his voice teacher at TdCE 2010, I felt the enormous love that surrounds PhJ and his respect for them as well.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 21:33

SKNinHawaii,

how lucky you are having met his parents and his voice teacher: what a great experience!!! For sure this gave you a very special insight and impression of his personal setting - and you described it very well! good
Back to top Go down
SKNinHawaii

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty26th February 2012, 21:51

Nenuphar:

Thank you for your kind reply !! I just happened to meet them after the concert. I am
also very lucky that the harpsicordist of Artaserse Yoko Nakamura is Japanese and I have a chance to talk with her i Japanese whenever we meet. Se has said PhJ has
not changed his solid outlook for life and his personality since they were student at
music conservatoire, and he will never change !! Hearing from someone who knows Phj for this long , very closely confirms my own inner feeling and respect for PhJ. His
being such a remarkable human being at such an young age is the one of great attribute for his international success, I am convinced about it. yes
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty27th February 2012, 12:51

Nenuphar
Quote :
But with Duffy I agree that the golden Nerone costume showed it clearly, that "there was more of him last springtime" (what a nice phrase!)

Nerone was two years ago, May 2010.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty27th February 2012, 13:08

Artaserse,
oops, you are right!
Time is running and passing so quickly.... smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Concert in Amsterdam   Concert in Amsterdam Empty

Back to top Go down

Concert in Amsterdam
Page 1 of 1