Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky

Go down 
+6
Pilarddcc
Duffy
carolineleiden
Nenuphar
Artaserse
Saskia
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Saskia

20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty
PostSubject: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 17:39

Very, very nice!

I found it on YOUTUBE.
In the discribtion: "A 20 year old Philippe Jaroussky here singing an aria..."

Thank you for that example. flowers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 18:01

Saskia,

I´d prefer this example from the same recording. He was 21. wink

Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 18:33

Dear Artaserse!

You're right! wink

Oh yes... with 21 years... a voice so beautifull !
Thank you for the link!!! flowers

His family must have been enormous pride!!!
A huge talent already at age 20. And a lot of study, time, perseverance.
I have great respect!!!

Oh yes...the beginning ... "Caldo..." very powerful ... Purity pure .. beautiful.

2:40 to 3:10 seconds:
>>> Here he is in his elemet! Soul and expression.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 19:06

Saskia,

watching the video on your link (how sweet and beautiful!) I found this one:

I just had a short look at it - I think it's very worthy to take the time (1:39 h!!!) to see Philippe in his beginnings!

Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 19:36

Artaserse,

your link with "Caldo Sangue" I knew already - very very nice and heart-moving!

But can anybody explain to me, why he sometimes is pronouncing "sangue" more like"sargue"???
The same for example in "Nisi Dominus" : "fructus ventris" sometimes pronounced more like "fructus vertris", not only on CD, but in concert as well.

Is there may be any technical reason for it? Sorry, I have no idea about singing techniques, training and exercises in classical music - I just enjoy (very much!!!)!
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 19:54

Nenuphar,

the more - in "Agrippina" he has sung " Cor saggio tuo corsiglio" instead of
" Con saggio tuo consiglio".... air kiss 2 His special pronunciation this time, I guess....

Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 21:41

Artaserse,

thank you for the new link - I didn't know it!!!
Well, his special pronunciation makes him just more lovable...
...and let's keep silent about hairstyle and raiment prankster

although: Hehe - I love this open shirt.... wink
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 21:52

Dear Nenuphar,

that is very, very kind!!! — Thank you for the link. flowers
Great — a video over 1 hour...

Your question: the world -ventris- (Nisi Dominus /4)

Sometimes it is necessary to change certain sounds slightly. But only very slightly.—
Some parts have a special interpretation. The expression is very important. Emotion!!!
Philippe Jaroussky makes that incredible good!

fructose = this word is very short ... two parts: u and o
ven/tris = this world is difficult because of the very long and beautiful
-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee- ( kiss )
and than the stupid letter -n- and the easier part -tris-.

Try it. What happens with your teeth? Say a very long -n!- and than -ven....tris.
Take attention about what happened with the -veeeeeeeeeeee- ———n ———tris.
OK — your teeth are going together with the letter -n-
and the beautiful -veeeeeeeeeeeee- will be killed.
But the sound of -veeeeeeeeeee- should be open and goes to the last part -tris- with
elegance.

Sometimes is necessary to control a letter who kills the vowel sound (a/e/o/u/i)
Some parts need control because of its lenght.

I have no idea about singing techniques, training and exercises too.
Maybe, a teacher would laugh about me? But I guess the solution is not far away.

I love it:

Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 22:13

Saskia,

ok, I was trying a little bit - but my exercise didn't convince me.....no
but thank you for your explanation!

Do you know that link:

at the end you will find the links to the other parts of "Nisi Dominus"

I love it!!!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 22:59

The violinist left of him must have been a student of Gidon Kremer. He is also a gymnast when he plays. smile

The sound of Philippe in his early twenties is very small, but very sweet. And so high!

When he sang Del mio cor in Sedecia I instantly melted at "mio secreto". What a Schnuki! Such innocence!
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 23:17

carolineleiden:

" What a Schnuki! " very nice, in german it would be "Schnucki" - and yes, he is..
but nonetheless I prefer the more adult, mature Philippe (for sure as I'm as well more adult and mature... tongue
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 23:28

At twenty I don't think he would I would have considered him boyfriend material. Too sweet, too boyish, too innocent.

Edit: I take that back. I brought home a boy just as sweet, boyish and innocent. I just did not notice that then. smile

Last edited by carolineleiden on 19th January 2012, 09:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 23:35

O.K., not twenty years old, but this is my favourite.
Canzona Spagnuola, from 4:55 on

One line of the text is "las prendas celebrar". Poor guy, it is so hard to separate the s and the c from each other, especially as the c is pronounced like the th in English. The text is a typical tongue twister for every non native speaker. He gets in trouble and than he sings "las prenda cerebral" Brain?
And btw, look from the side, when he presses his belly and his little "life-belt" to the outside, he reminds me of Donald Duck, so nice....
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty18th January 2012, 23:49

Nenuphar,
this Video from Moscow is really nice, I agree. I like it because he shows much of his character here. It is the beginning of the concert. It is just lovely how he reacts, receiving such an enthusiastic welcome.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 00:55

THis Moscow's video is so nice, thanks Nenuphar for sharing it with us. He looks amazed by the public's enthusiasm, Isn't he lovely? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Duffy, I've never thought about how difficult is to pronounce "celebrar"! I keep thinking about "r" and "j", they are hard for frenchs, but it's true thre are also "c"!!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 10:13

Anyone of you italians out there who could transcribe the words to del mio cor nel piu secredo?

I hear ombra, fantasma, and timor, and destino, but he is such a little Piepmatz that I cannot understand half of what he sings and I do not speak italian which does not make it any easier.)

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 10:18

I'm not Italian, but send it to me and I'll translate it this afternoon!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 10:21

Well, there's the problem... because I can't understand italian I cannot make out the words. smile (The ones I can make out I can translate because they are the same in latin.
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 10:33

Ahhh, ok, I didn't understand, "del mio cor nel più segredo" means from the most secret part of my heart, but to give you a best translation I need to hear the whole song. If you tell me which is the song? I'll translete the whole thing to you.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 11:18

I figured the title. Literally it says from my heart of which the most secret.

It is the first aria from Ismaele (Philippe) in Sedecia. It starts at about 9 or 10 minutes.

But your efforts are very much appreciated! It is a very good exercise for the high notes. It is such a beautiful aria it does not feel like working.
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 14:37

Del mio cor nel più segreto
Veder parmi un'ombra mesta,
Un fantasma di timor.

Son fanciullo, e del mio pianto
L'empia sorte non ha il vanto.
Ma pur so che viver lieto
Non mi fa l'ombra funesta,
L'ombra mesta del mio cor.

English translation:
In my heart's most secret core
I seem to see a gloomy shade,
a harbringer of fear.

I am a child, and no dire fate
can boast of making me weep.
But yet I know this shadow,
this gloomy shade,
bodes no happy life for me.

P.s.: Anyone needs the complete libretto?
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 15:09

You were quicker than me, SJuli!

Great translation, by theway, I wouldn't be able to do such a great one! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 15:14

It's not mine, I've stolen it from the CD booklet! smile
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 20:08

Nenuphar,
thank you for your link (Moscow). flowers
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 20:42

Duffy Mc Donald,
Nenuphar,
carolineleiden,

I guess you agree... worlds are very important... and very good artists need
thousands hours to study each word in one song —
its interpretation, its sound, its harmony.

Very interesting when you compare the words in the same song by different countertenors. I compared -Nisi Dominus/4- with Andreas Scholl, Carlos Mena and
Maarten Engeltjes. Very interesting.

My opinion:
"What you hear is not necessarily the truth.
What you see is not necessarily the truth.
Only vibrations and feelings are real and very close to you."

Now a surprise? - What`s perception?
Have fun:

— English language, misunderstood???: prankster
— German language, misunderstood???: (4:00 /"Parmesan" wink )

We laughed a lot. Have fun.

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 20:56

Great links, Saskia! Thanks for sharing them. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 22:01

Well, I do not know what to think about the spelling of "r" in the most unexpected places and Felipe sings the most beautiful Italian one can imagine.
For example, a perfect start singing: "Sol da te mio dolce amore" (MEZZO) and the first repeat sings "Sor da te."
I do not find a clear explanation and in almost all the recordings of this aria same thing happens, sometimes in the first verse and sometimes in the first iteration.
Although I really do not care, because magic is intact, he says what he says, it happens that in Spanish, "Sor da" (deaf) has a very, very different meaning and it always surprises me a little.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty19th January 2012, 22:14

Rosamunde

you are totally right and I don't care as well if he is pronouncing every word correct or not - just get the feeling, the atmosphere, the magic of his voice... flowers
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty20th January 2012, 10:22

To "r" instead of "n":

I'm not a phonetician, but my friend is. I asked him and I try to translate his explanation:
During the free passage of the air into the nasal cavity the timbre of the sound changes - this can be undesirable in singing. So it can be convenient to change the nasal sounds "n" in the phrase "Con saggio tuo consiglio" by "r". This change is understandable because of the "place of creation" of these two sounds. So in the phrase "Cor saggio tuo corsiglio" there is no longer a nasal sound, it purely oral. With this is also related that the nasality of "n" can spread before and after it's own place, so the adjacent vowels can be nasalized. So in case of "con saggio" can be the "s" very simply nasalized to "z".
Try to say what is worse: "Cor saggio" or "Con zaggio"? tongue
So maybe it's so. smile

To the misunderstandings:

Saskia,

thank you for the links. This phenomenon has even a terminus technicus in linguistics. It's "mondegreens", created by a journalist Jon Carroll, because he heard in the folk song instead of "They have slain the Earl of Moray and laid him on the green" "Lady Mondegreen" Laughing.
Some time I collect the Czech similar examples, it's very funny. For example my last contribution to my collection, one my friend heard in the Czech version of "La isla bonita" (where only this phrase is in original language) also Czech "Ladislav odmítá", which means "Ladislav (The Czech name) refuses". It's really very funny to me. rofl I had to write it here.

Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty20th January 2012, 13:08

Jarofil,

thank you very much for this professional explanation!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty20th January 2012, 14:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thank you Jarofil! I suspected thata there was a technical explanation because I talked to Philippe in Italian and he actually speaks great!
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty20th January 2012, 19:10

You're welcome.
Just one note: nobody says it's definitely true explanation, just a possibility which arises with it.
whistle
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty22nd January 2012, 13:58

Jarofil,
thank you!
hello

In addition to technicque:

Here is an example of hard training.
I like this board. It´s very honest. — — good

(Baroque Académie (8/10) - William Christie)
Start > 1:55 — 4:20

It shows the effort and attention to detail.

>>> Usually we hear the result on stage and CD's.
What a luxury!

And there are so many technical details:
— Correct pronunciation
— Changes some letters in order to preserve the harmony
Time (! Fast or slow in some places)
Volume of the voice (not to much, not to less, tests in the location)
— and the ]b]breath[/b]!!! (when? where? sometimes in a word!)

The breath shouldn`t be noisy! Some artists breath like a steam railway.
This disturbs the harmony.

My hurricane of applause to Philippe Jaroussky! happy

Take time for two pieces: Both are my Nr. 1 !
Alto giove: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Scherza infida (Ariodante/ Händel) > on the CD !!!
"Carestini - The Story of a Castrato"
sunny
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty22nd January 2012, 16:00

Jarofil,

Re "mondegreens" - You've probably already heard the classic (and very likely apochryphal) mondegreen about the little girl who wanted to call her teddy bear (who had cross-eyes) "Gladly", telling her parents that it was a very suitable name for him as she had heard people singing in church about just such a bear as hers - "Gladly, my cross-eyed bear" (Gladly, my cross I'd bear) ...

A.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty22nd January 2012, 19:40

Jarofil,

Topic: Misunderstood words / "mondgreens"!

Found the song -La isla bonita- ... your right!
Yes absolutly —"Ladislav odmítá". ( = Ladislv is refusing !)
I laughted a lot. Laughing
> I love to laugh. Thank you!
> Fun is a must.

In the classic range are certainly many examples too.
And also a lot happening on stage.
I heard of an opera singer who has just written a book about fun on stage. wink

Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty22nd January 2012, 20:05

Hehe, I studied church music and we had a nice little collection of misunderstood church hymns too. I.e. how "king Ladislaus' valiant knightship" became "king L.'s valiant horse is lame", or "St. Margaret's prayers fly penitently" "St. M.'s geese fly quarrelling". And try next time to sing them without laughing in front of the whole church...
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty23rd January 2012, 13:00

Artemis,

Laughing, I haven't heard it, thank you.

Saskia,

thanks for your confirmation. wink

SJuli,

Laughing, don't tell me, I know the laughing on a stage very well, it's so infectious and very very dangerous. But if you know you can't laugh in front of the public, you can't stop laughing, and if you manage to stop it, someone next to you starts again and you can't resist to start again too... My nightmare since we were only two people in the first soprano and for me was so funny when we took a breath on the same time (in spite of we said to each other we couldn't do it:)) and I started laughing and my friend naturally too... We caused such a disaster for the piece we did, because suddenly the first soprano completely disappeared. bad But in such situation you can't help yourself... Fortunately we stood on the gallery of the church, so the audience coudn't see the sinners. It was about six seven years ago, but I'm still ashamed of it. secret But as a story it's very funny. smile
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty23rd January 2012, 20:53

Thank you all — I laughed a lot... Laughing

And know serious... think

In addition to the topic: · · · "Technique" · · · I want to give this link...

A professor of electronics, David Howard, explains falsetto.

Video: "About the story of the castratos, BBC Documentary Part -1-
Start: 7:06 — 10:13
Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It might be of interest. comp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky   20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky Empty

Back to top Go down

20 years old... Philippe Jaroussky
Page 1 of 1