Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mercè

Mercè

THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA. Empty
PostSubject: THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA.   THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA. Empty7th December 2011, 16:24

Until today I could not tell you that Jaroussky was a complete success at the Liceu in Barcelona, last december 2.

The Freiburger Barockorchester was wonderful and the arias from Handel ... fantastic.

Jaroussky offered three encore: “Alto Giove”, “Come nube que fuge dal vento” and “Ombra mai fu”

At the end of the concert Jaroussky signed autographs.

I gave him to sign a book of poetry of Verlaine (that I read for the first time when I was 18) because in Torroella de Montgri, last august, where he presented Opium, he did not sign. He said to me that he planned to do an album with poems of Verlaine!!

We were waiting for an hour to get the signature!

This is a critic from La Vanguardia:

Critics of The Vanguardia. Published on 04/12/2012

Philippe Jaroussky
Music: George Frideric Handel Performer: Philippe Jaroussky, countertenor. Freiburger Barockorchester. Dir: Petra Müllejans Place and date: Gran Teatre del Liceu (2/XII/2011)

"The passage of time causes great changes in our lives. Seeing the pictures of the Liceu in the fifties, we observed that frenzied fans crowded in front of the theater to greet the quintessential diva, who at that time was the Tebaldi. Half a century later, who knew?, The crowds are long queues to obtain the signature of a countertenor ...!,

Philippe Jaroussky, who was able to "get the public del Liceu in the pocket" with a Handel recital works based on different , among which there were few that were known.
But is that Jaroussky, which is one of the great Baroque music in France, gave a recital at the Liceu, his debut in this theater, which was then awakening most fervent enthusiasm, because the singer, wearing bell sopranista , ie the upper register of the old song of the castrati, sings with great morbidity of accents, a fabled agility and a good taste interpretive stuns his listeners.

All the recital was devoted to Handel, and if in the first half was dominated by large pieces of agility exhibition in the second, more familiar pieces, there was a demonstration of the habilities of the exquisite countertenor, who kept notes also include difficult severe enough quality, but all told with feeling and elegance, from coloratura and complicated agility of “Con ali di costanza” of vocal display Ariodante to My lusinga il dolce affetto of Alcina.

The audience was inflaming each piece and finally erupted into cheers intense with Agrippina's aria, so that the singer, always sober and friendly gesture, after apologizing for not being able to direct the public in Catalan, gave three encores , an aria from Porpora, another Handel with obbligato bassoon, and finally an exciting and beautiful aria Ombra mai fu of Xerxes, enhanced by the loving voice and incredible beauty of Philippe Jaroussky, one of the few countertenors voice beautiful.

The concert was accompanied by two instrumental pieces by the magnificent Freiburger Barockorchester, directed by Petra Müllejans and with the help of Eyal Streett agilísimo bassoonist.

By the way, cost a lot in the program indicate the times of the Concerto Grosso to keep the public, which does not have to know it thoroughly, stop applauding after every movement?"

Well, it was a night to remember all my life

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA.   THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA. Empty7th December 2011, 19:00

In La Coruña he presented the same arias and He was also awesome!

Thanks for sharing the article with us!
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA.   THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA. Empty9th December 2011, 09:13

Hello, Merce!
In the laieliceu.blogspot.com is quoted to you as "a French fan" who managed to excite Philip ( roll eyes) when asked to sign on two poems by Verlaine. That special moment, Merce! Good for you!
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA.   THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA. Empty9th December 2011, 09:18

You're right Rosamunda, it's very funny!
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA.   THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA. Empty9th December 2011, 23:59

Yes! really funny! I did'nt know this comment in laieliceu.blogspot.

I'm catalan!!! but I spoke french with Jaroussky. I do not know who heard what I said to him.

Thanks for the info! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA.   THE CONCERT AT Teatre del Liceu, BARCELONA. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1