Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011

Go down 
+3
Nenuphar
Jarofil
Duffy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Duffy

Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty
PostSubject: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty29th November 2011, 12:26

Well, having recovered a little bit, here is my little report:

I saw (and heard of course) Philippe four times before, so I thought I was prepared
for what was going to happen. But I didn't expect that. The program was the same as in Halle and Freiburg a few days before. He sang perfectly, as usal, but with a different attitude. The whole body in action. He transported the different emotional states easily so that no one needed having known the aria before. He played with the audience and obviously had very, very much fun. The first audience roar with bravos and stomping feet happend before the intermission. And he blushed ! kiss We were moved from one emotional extreme to another, from goosebumps to pure joy and fun, then again we were almost moved to tears. I never experienced something like that. Some parts were so beautiful that it was nearly unbearable. There were moments we didn't dare even to take a breath in order not to destroy the atmosphere. At he end , P embraced Mrs. Müllejans, apparently overwhelmed with joy. The whole audience was standing.

After the concert, a happy and content artist with sparkling eyes, it seemed he even could have done the concert once again. Me not, nevertheless, I couldn't get any sleep...
perhaps I should try doing an autograph session with my friends the next time
other people seem to have great success with that yes

On the German web Radio KlassikRadio someone said this morning the there should be warnings printed on Philippe's CD Boxes. "This can arouse dependence"
For me, it's too late. Sweet torment ! swoon

Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty29th November 2011, 13:25

Duffy,

yes, I totally agree with your last words. drunk
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty29th November 2011, 16:40

Jarofil and Duffy,

I'm the next one to agree with Duffys words concerning "dependence", being "too late" and "sweet torment" - and I'm sure there are a lot more to agree!!!

Thank you Duffy for your report - you described very well your feelings...
...exactly the same I had in Halle! Great concert as well!
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty29th November 2011, 19:40

I loved your report, duffy!!!! Very descriptive and so expressive like Philippe himself!!I think the audiences definitely arouse different responses and emotions in him. In the US he was in a foreign place and even so, with his extraordinary talent and beauty he is not as "loose" as he is in Europe, and it seems in Germany he is extremely comfortable!!!This is reason enough to move to Europe. clapping I don't know if this is true or ravings of my crazy heart but I loved all the words in the report......especially dependence!!!Addiction? Thank you guys, for all the poor souls who have not seen him for a long times!!!! heat
Maria
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty29th November 2011, 20:52

Tuffy,

I think he feels very comfortable in Europe, especially in Germany. He said in an interview that the German audience was tolerant and open-minded . When he released the "Opium"- CD, People judged what they got and didn't argue about whether he should have kept singing baroque music or not. In France this CD wasn't such a big success.
What is to be added as far as Hamburg is concerned: No one started clapping , everyone waited until the last note had faded in the air and P seemed to "be back", making a little step backwards. Nobody wanted to destroy that magic. As if the audience was one person, giving an answer to his art and to the emotion he sent from stage. I think he felt the respect and love for him and his work.
kiss
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty29th November 2011, 21:24

Duffy

Yes, he is kind of a precious exotic drug - the more you have the more you need ......
The concerts were not easy to describe with only words , especially the one in Hamburg, yes. I loved the audience - I believe, most of us there had the same feeling - the endless admiration of this incredible Artist and absolute devotion to the wonderful Person - Philippe..... bow
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty29th November 2011, 22:14

Artaserse,
there is always some kind of tender shock, seeing him off-stage . So slender and not at all as tall as is seems in all these videos. You ask yourself: Was that the person you heard some minutes before? Where did he take that power from? You look at him and your heart is opening wide. flowers
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty30th November 2011, 06:41

clapping There you are: Review

Mit diesem Händel ist es ganz einfach, Herzen zu brechen
30.11.2011, 07:36 Uhr

Hamburg. Kann einem Sänger, der seine Persönlichkeit im Rampenlicht so bedingungslos entblößt, Besseres und Wahrhaftigeres passieren, als dass man ihm fast zwei Stunden lang jedes Wort glaubt? Kann es Schöneres für ein Publikum geben als die Gewissheit, jede Regung der Seele, jede Färbung der Melodie als wahr, echt und im Moment geboren mitzuempfinden?

Das Konzert des französischen Countertenors Philippe Jaroussky, der mit einem exquisit zusammengestellten Händel-Programm in der Laeiszhalle gastierte, war ein einziger Höhenflug auf der Ideallinie. Musik, die süchtig macht und die einem mit eleganter Leichtigkeit das Herz bricht.

Auf den Pulten des hinreißend stilsicher begleitenden Freiburger Barockorchesters lagen Noten von Händel, fast 300 Jahre alt und mit einer Rhetorik, die schnell museal und verstaubt wirken kann. Doch an diesem Abend war die Musik so frisch, als wäre die Tinte noch nicht trocken; die Affekte der Arien waren so heutig, so unmittelbar, dass man sich ihrer Faszination beim besten Willen nicht entziehen konnte, selbst wenn man das gewollt hätte.

Jaroussky ließ seine Vokalkunst mühelos, charmant und charismatisch glänzen. Aus jeder Kadenz, aus jeder Koloratur machte er ein Erlebnis, so dass sogar die aufs Präzisionsröcheln abonnierten Zuhörer, die ansonsten bei kaum einem Konzert dieses Kalibers fehlen, gepackt verstummten. Jeder im Saal spürte: Besser und schöner als so und nicht anders geht es nicht.(jomi)

I'll translate it later today
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty30th November 2011, 13:39

Dear Duffy, your impression upon seeing him in person is so much like mine! Seeing him up close I wanted to hold that precious face in my hands and just look at him forever. He is much more petite and yet the voice.......His eyes are so sparkling with excitement and it is an unforgettable experience. I don't think he knows the effect he has in all of us. He would blush forever!!!! blush After Niobe he was SO happy ! I wish he could perform it with a german audience!!!
Thank you for your answer!
Maria flowers
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty30th November 2011, 13:55

Dear Maria,
I don't know if this song is also well known in the U.S, it was a mega seller in Europe. Everytime I hear it I think of Philippe.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty30th November 2011, 17:09

Review of the concert in Hamburg:

So, here's to you, I tried to do my very best not to change the meaning:

With this Handel, it's easy to break hearts

Can anything better or more veritable happen to a singer who exposes his personality completely on stage, than an audience believing every single word for almost two hours? Can there exist anything more gorgeous for an audience than the
certainty to witness true emotion, each change of colour of the melody just at the very moment of their perception (sensation?) ?

The concert of the French countertenor PJ at the Laeiszhalle, presenting an exquisite Händel program, was a unique, perfect "altitude flight". Music which arouses addiction and breaks one's heart with elegant ease.

On the orchestra music standy lay notes of Händel, almost 300 years old and using rhetoric means which might easily appear outmoded and "dusty". But this particular evening, the music seemed to be so young and fresh as if the ink had hardly dried.

The emotions of the arias were so modern and so direct, that nobody could have escaped from their fascinating effect, if he would have tried to.
Jaroussky delivered a brilliant performance of his vocal art with charme, charisma and ease. He created an experience out of every coloratura, each cadence. Not even the notoriously coughing people who are normally heard in any concert in this range didn't make any sound, being totally fascinated.
Everybody in the hall felt: It's not possible to do this any better or more beautiful. It was just the way it had to be.

O.K. I hope you'll understand..... hello
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty30th November 2011, 17:34

Great!
I`m delighted that so many people are happy after the concert.
We also need time after the concert in order to collect ourself.
Yes, his voice is golden.

"Monde und Jahre vergehen, aber ein schöner Moment leuchtet das Leben hindurch."
– Franz Grillparzer (1791 bis 1872) –

"Moons and years pass away, but a beautiful moment life shines through."
– Franz Grillparzer (1791 to 1872) –
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty30th November 2011, 23:57

I try to recover, though, I don´t want this really.

( Artaserse, you´re right, my dear)

This concert was so overwhelming, so full of feelings - it is too difficult to tell you about with my not quite borderless English.

Philippe sang the first aria " Agitato da fiere tempeste" quite light , chic , almost solemnised ...The revelation was for sure the second one, the also premiered " Ho perso il caro ben", an perfect lamento - aria , heartrending and incredible moving. I cried honestly.

I was quite impatient for one of my absolute favorites- " L´angue offeso mai riposa" and all my trembling anticipation to listen to Sesto (already now) was satisfied completely and very tasteful - Philippe acted not the angry Sesto, but the suffering and deep sensing one.....

In general, Philippe delighted the audience with a lot of new cadenzas and different ornamentations .

The accompaniment of the "Freiburger Barockorchester" was great- very tasteful and delicious as also really collegial supportive ! Especially the bassoon Eyal Streett - impressive as the "second soloist" in the second encore " Venti, turbini, prestate" - that was a feast of virtuosity! The great surprise Philippe geared up in Da Capo- he started it very slowly, playful ornamented and with a incredible mischievous smile - triumphed by this succeeded " special- effect".
Also to mention the first oboe in " Come nube che fugge dal vento" - si si, the little Nerone was also there! And the Konzertmeisterin Petra Müllejans as the indisputable and brilliant leader.

The only orchestra- pieces were also good chosen, "Concerto grosso g- moll" was a bit too " gutbürgerlich" in Halle, but the more expressive in Hamburg and "Sarabande" from " Almira" ( the same theme as " Pena tiranna" from "Amadigi di Gaula")- passionate moving and melancholic in the same time.

In one word - BRAVI. And - ENCOOORE per favooore! clapping
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty1st December 2011, 00:41

ANY chance of listening to this amazing concert's arias???I love the Agitato and what was the special effect????His coloratura and ornamentation.......??? ArrggH! I am delighted for the fans that saw him and heard him! And more than delighted for you being there, dearest JaRoWi!! kiss
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty1st December 2011, 00:48

Danke for the link dear Duffy!!!!I can totally see why you think of Il Tesoro with those lyrics and no, I never heard it here, which proves that the european audiences have way better taste than Us!!!He he he air kiss 2
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty1st December 2011, 08:16

Tuffy

Quote :
ANY chance of listening to this amazing concert's arias???

Just look under the topic reviews. The Halle concert on 26th November has been recorded. wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011   Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Philippe in Hamburg 28.11.2011
Page 1 of 1