Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.

Go down 
+21
Vivaldi
SJuli
carolineleiden
Nenuphar
idubrov
Duffy
Jarofil
bpidouxl
Artemis
temp
Joanna
chablisuk
mon 1650
rikkapijemy
Artaserse
Vandea
karenpat
Gisotiza
Ottavia
*JaRoWi1647*
Morten Sletten
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rikkapijemy

Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty4th November 2011, 14:44

Artemis
thank you did a great job, you are better than me in English
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty5th November 2011, 08:37

@ rikkapijemy

Pas de quoi! It was a pleasure.
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty5th November 2011, 20:40

Presto Classics review
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope my CD will arrive soon.

Arttemis
Great work. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty6th November 2011, 18:22

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but from what I saw on YouTube, it is another winner!

The amazing thing about Philippes voice is that he always seems to blend in with whoever he is singing with, be it a soprano, contralto or other (counter)tenors: he is a itsybitsy different with different partners, and yet he still has that very recognizable Jaroussky-sound that always sticks out. Every CD he is a bit diferent too, come to think of it. It also varies with the repertoire. A chameleon, that man!

Animosity between the two? Why, they're both guys, not soprano's! smile They could screw in a lightbulb in under a minute! Wouldn't trust them with an IKEA closet though....wink (Always a traumatic experience!)

I liked watching them concentrate on their technique in their own way. Philippe keeping rythm like a metronome, and pulling the notes out or just keeping his hands in his pockets, and Max checking his breathing and his throat and writing what he sings in the air. Philippe seems to enjoy it more, he always seems to get to that high within the first few bars: Max on the other hand is working.

Angels apparently come in baggy jeans and soggy sweaters these days, btw.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty6th November 2011, 20:19

carolineleiden wrote:

Angels apparently come in baggy jeans and soggy sweaters these days, btw.

and trendy scarves.... roll eyes
it's fun to see that they're apparently good friends and yet their styles are so different, both vocally and in terms of clothes/image. Pigs would fly and hell freeze over before Philippe would wear some of Max's outfits... shock
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty6th November 2011, 20:39

After that crazy black feather dress as Nero in Madrid, I can picture Philippe wearing just about anything. Besides: his on stage suits are getting ever eh, weirder. (In a good way, honest.) I don't know who designs them. They're quite genious. They're still dress suits, but they completely spell rockstar.

Definately not gig-in-a-bag material.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty6th November 2011, 21:15

Pigs would fly and hell freeze over before anyone but Max would wear some of his outfits! Luckily, his fans adore him despite his sartorial gaffes, which are the stuff of legend. I once saw him at the Salle Pleyel (so this was Max in formal mode) when he was wearing an extremely shiny white suit which he had paired with an equally shiny black shirt. It made him look like an elegantly tailored piano key. In the end, I shut my eyes and just let that rich, creamy voice waft over me. I don't have this problem with Philippe for whom I like to keep my eyes wide open ...
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty6th November 2011, 21:51

Artemis

Quote :
. I once saw him at the Salle Pleyel (so this was Max in formal mode) when he was wearing an extremely shiny white suit which he had paired with an equally shiny black shirt.

Have you seen him as Ottone in " L´incoronazione di Poppea" then?
It was really nice contrast - Ottone in shining white suit with a black shirt and our Nerone - in black with a white shirt. drunk

Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty7th November 2011, 07:07

Indeed, it was at the concert version of "Poppea" that I first clapped my eyes on Max's "piano key" outfit - and yes, I did notice that Ottone and Nerone were reverse images of each other (Philippe looked very elegant, btw). Max has since worn this outfit on other occasions, so it must be a favourite of his!
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty7th November 2011, 10:34

Quote :
Carolineleiden wrote : Definately not gig-in-a-bag material.

His suits look quite normal from far, but his tailor uses a specific cloth of material as it is used for modern sportsdresses, I suppose. The cloth is very light and felt like silk under my hand. wink
Perhaps it is the reason why P never seems to sweat though he is really doing hard work on stage.....
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty7th November 2011, 12:14

So there is a non creasing or crinkling synthetic material in existance that is NOT sweaty? That would be a first. (Remember our weddingdresses, ladies?)

Or maybe he just wears two layers of oldfashioned cotton underneath that suit, that you can just about wring out after a concert, like everybody else. smile
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty7th November 2011, 14:00

carolineleiden

The good quality designer outfit ( or even special creation for the stars) are today made not of synthetic, but of silk or thin wool, or mix of them. As well as the shirts underneath - it could be silk or cotton, too. As well as underwear nowdays - you are for sure interested in this kind of men´s clothes, also by the artists - they are at least just guys , aren´t they?

Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty7th November 2011, 20:37

carolineleiden

Quote :
Or maybe he just wears two layers of oldfashioned cotton underneath that suit

No, he doesn't grin

To become serious again, I think it was just like Artaserse wrote, I know this kind of cloth from my friends' suits. You're quite an expert, Artaserse!
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty8th November 2011, 12:42

Duffy

I try to do my best. wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty8th November 2011, 13:12

artaserse

having seen the pics from the US, I should better withdraw my statement about P's
suits. He looked as if he had slept in them ! My goodness ! But as he sung gorgeously as usual, nobody might have recognized it.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty8th November 2011, 19:21

Duffy wrote:
carolineleiden

Quote :
Or maybe he just wears two layers of oldfashioned cotton underneath that suit

No, he doesn't grin

To become serious again, I think it was just like Artaserse wrote, I know this kind of cloth from my friends' suits. You're quite an expert, Artaserse!

The suits in this household are indeed made from wool and/or silk, just like Artaserse said, but the wearer wears two layers of oldfashioned cotton underneath: a T-shirt and a shirt. (What else did you think I was talking about, huh? :p))

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty8th November 2011, 21:37

carolineleiden

Your conversation here looks like very disgusting OFFTOP. This is my first friendly warning.

Thank you for your understanding.

Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty9th November 2011, 17:43

What a revelation!! Autumn really got all it's colours!! This is a fantastic album... A strings of pearls, just one after the other! Mmmm!! - I love it already. Tghe voices blend beautifully together. An musical autumn breeze! Thge nightingales have landed in my livingroom. I just won't wake up again... A big thank you to Philippe and Max for the extraordinary result! - Plus a big hand to Mr. William Christe. His input in this project is invalueble. I think I've gotten a fever I don't want to cure! The ultimate relaxation... bravo! bravo! bravo!
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty9th November 2011, 18:57

Are you so excited you can't type? comp good post
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty9th November 2011, 22:15

Well, I think I am in fact... A couple of extra "g's" slipped through. Charming, don't you think. I just HAD TO send it, but I forgot to read through it before I sent it! I don't think my English-teacher is at our forum. Hope you enjoy the album as much as I do! - And don't bother about clothing and gestures. By the way: did you know that this is at least the fifth time they've worked together?(!). Landi's Saint Alessio is fabulous. You have to get hold of it, if it's not already in your collection. embrace
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty9th November 2011, 22:51

Hi Morten,
just want to tell you - first, I like the "Duetti" as well very much (I'm just listening to it, don't matter about the time and my neighbours..)
and second - I just ordered "Saint Alessio" from Amazon, just because of your recommendation!!!!
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty9th November 2011, 23:27

My CD arrived today. I played it… It was so beautiful that I could only listen to one track at a time. But at the same time, I wanted to keep on listening forever…. Oh what can I do??!!
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty11th November 2011, 18:36

temp wrote:
My CD arrived today. I played it… It was so beautiful that I could only listen to one track at a time. But at the same time, I wanted to keep on listening forever…. Oh what can I do??!!

sweet torment.... swoon
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty21st November 2011, 13:34

Here's a great review!!Duetti da Camera: Philippe Jaroussky & Max Emanuel Cencic

When I first heard that Max Emmanuel Cencic and Philippe Jaroussky had a duets disc in the pipeline (back in July, I think), I was immediately intrigued: not only are these two immensely distinctive and charismatic countertenors two of my favourite singers of the moment, but I was tremendously curious as to what the repertoire might be. Duets aren’t exactly thick on the ground in baroque opera (you’re lucky if you get one or two per evening amid the plethora of da capo arias), and those for two similar voice-types are even rarer. When the finished copy landed on my desk a few weeks ago, it transpired that they’ve eschewed operatic repertoire altogether in favour of exploring ‘duetti da camera’ and duet cantatas (definitions to follow!) by a handful of relatively obscure Italian composers from around the turn of the eighteenth century and just after: Bononcini and Marcello contribute the lion’s share, with little gems from Mancini, Porpora Alessandro Scarlatti and Francesco Conti along the way.
Philippe Jaroussky & Max Emanuel Cencic
Philippe Jaroussky & Max Emanuel Cencic

As the musicologist Susanne Kessler explains at length in her excellent booklet note, the ‘duetto da camera’ was in part a response to the papal ban on opera in Rome in the early eighteenth century – and as the edict also forbade women from singing in public, the cantatas on this disc were necessarily written for castrati. Most of these works last around ten minutes and combine recitative dialogue with duet (the ‘duetto da camera’) or with arias for each singer in turn (the ‘chamber duet’). Both are secular forms, typically setting a pastoral ‘nymphs-and-shepherds’ text written by one or more of the scholars, amateur poets or even cardinals who attended ‘conversazione’ (something akin to modern-day summer schools!) in Rome and Naples in order to exchange ideas and foster their appreciation of music and the other arts.

I shan’t pretend that any of them exactly make for scintillating drama on their own terms – most of them are variants on the lovesick-shepherd-longing-for-his-mistress idea – but they do inspire real inventiveness and character in the various composers. In each instance the singers perform as named characters (rather than just ‘soprano I/II’): sometimes they are friends consoling one another in their lovers’ absence, sometimes rivals who eventually reach an understanding. In one of the most memorable works (the Conti) they are respectively lucky and unlucky-in-love, singing intertwining lines to similar but slightly modified text. (Interestingly, none of the works are love duets – though the disc opens with a female-female duet, suggesting that it was fine for male singers to sing as women characters, perhaps it would have been taboo for two castrati to impersonate lovers in this context.)

Though both singers are designated ‘countertenor’ in the sleeve notes, Jaroussky and Cencic push the term to its limits. Cencic’s repertoire includes bona fide mezzo roles such as Prince Orlofsky in Die Fledermaus; Jaroussky is currently winning plaudits for his exquisitely floated Pie Jesu on Paavo Jarvi’s recording of the Fauré Requiem and will sing the role of Sesto in Giulio Cesare (written for the female soprano Margherita Durastanti) at next year’s Salzburg Festival.

As I mentioned in my recent newsletter on Vivaldi’s Farnace and Gluck’s Ezio, Cencic’s high-lying, vibrant instrument sounds much as I imagine the great castrati to have done and is something entirely distinct from the earlier generation of countertenors such as Andreas Scholl, René Jacobs or Michael Chance. Jaroussky’s voice sits even higher: more male soprano than male alto, he has no problem sitting around or even above the top of the treble stave for long periods, and so generally takes the top line in the duets.

In his brief but touching foreword, conductor William Christie vividly describes the impact of first hearing these two unique voices together – when they played husband and wife in his 2007 production of Landi’s Il Sant’ Alessio – and one of the most remarkable features of this disc is how the pair manage to blend so utterly seamlessly when singing together whilst remaining absolutely distinctive in the solo passages (not once did I have to check the track listing to see who was singing what). Cencic’s voice has the darker timbre, with plenty of metallic bite throughout the registers, whilst Jaroussky is sweeter and more ethereal. Each gets a solo cantata (inevitably, in the persona of a shepherd) which plays to these strengths, Jaroussky’s by Mancini (all limpid streams and flowery banks) and Cencic’s by Porpora (listen to the thrilling bite in his voice in the final section as he sings of the savage beasts who threaten his flock).

This is an absolutely beautiful disc, far more than just a virtuoso ‘two countertenors and a theorbo’ novelty (though of course it is that too!). The singing is scintillatingly, breathtakingly classy, and the central concept unearths some real delights in a genre that’s not at all well represented on disc. What’s more, a lot of this hitherto-unknown repertoire is deliciously catchy (I defy anyone not to find themselves whistling the final track in particular after just a couple of hearings).

Sound samples and a video (in a mixture of French and English, but without subtitles for either!) are available as usual via the links below. Do try it!

Presto News November 21st 2011...
By Katherine Cooper.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty24th November 2011, 18:11

Thanks for posting this interesting review!
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty25th November 2011, 09:47

Duetti & Fauré

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty26th November 2011, 11:04

Love this CD so much that every time I play it I never want it to end. Have bought copies for all my closest friends on the "every home should have one" principle!
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty27th November 2011, 12:24

Sold out already through regular channels in Holland!
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty1st December 2011, 16:01

comp
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty15th December 2011, 20:48

Why I still don't speak French? cry
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty15th December 2011, 21:33

Very great interview...i don't speak english for translate, excuse me.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty15th December 2011, 21:51

I could translate if anyone wants, but not until the weekend, I'm afraid (too busy).
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty16th December 2011, 08:11

Artemis that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty16th December 2011, 09:24

Artemis,

oh yes, please, please, please. bow
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty16th December 2011, 13:09

Vandea, Jarofil,

OK, will do. You'll have to be patient, mind - won't be able to do it before Saturday evening at the earliest.

A.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty16th December 2011, 21:59

Vandea and Jarofil -

I've just tried to look at this video with a view to translating it but it has been marked "This video has been removed by the user" with no other explanation given. I seem to remember it being one of those "Compare and Contrast" exercises - i.e. Which do you prefer, the library or the gym (Philippe prefers the library, no surprise there, then). Amongst other things they asked him whether he preferred Marie-Nicole Lemieux to Cecilia Bartoli (daft question, I think) and Philippe confessed to once standing in line as a student and budding professional for Cecilia Bartoli's autograph (aaw, sweet!). They also asked him whether he prefers his 20s or his 30s (he prefers his 30s). Other than that, I can't remember much about it.

Sorry. Better luck next time.

A.
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty16th December 2011, 22:15

Artemis,

thank you very much, it seems some of this I caught correctly.

I found the video again from wwwforumopera:

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty17th December 2011, 07:32

Jarofil,

I hope I've successfully downloaded this video. I'll get back to you with the translation later.

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty17th December 2011, 19:20

Vandea, Jarofil,

Here you are - I'm paraphrasing, of course, and have left out repetition, hesitation and "fillers" (those little verbal tics which we all use when we're looking around for what we want to say). Philippe says "I think" a lot (charmingly rendered in interviews in English as "Ah feenk") ...

Video on the release of the album "Duetti"

Duet or Duel?

Oh, no, of course, it's a duet. It's true that in the case of two similar singers, in this case two countertenors, a section of the public expects it to be a duel, or at least that there's a certain rivalry between the two, competition, perhaps ...

William Christie or Jean-Christophe Spinosi?

William Christie and Jean-Christophe Spinosi are very different for a variety of reasons. I couldn't have imagined even 5 or 6 years ago that I would do a CD with William Christie who, for me, was the "Pope" of Baroque music and I know that when I sing with William Christie, I don't sing in the same way that I do with other conductors. On the other hand, among the younger generation of conductors, Jean-Christophe Spinosi is the one who has inspired me the most. I think I also have a special affinity with Jean-Christophe because, basically, we are both violinists. We both have a fondness for certain melodic lines and violin-style phrasing. There are even people who say that I sing like a violinist. I don't quite know what that is supposed to mean but it's true that there is a certain affinity with Jean-Christophe.

Marie-Nicole Lemieux of Cecilia Bartoli?

That's a rotten question. (What he actually said was, "Ca, c'est vache" which is a mild expletive something along the lines of "Holy Cow"). One can't choose between Marie-Nicole Lemieux and Cecilia Bartoli. First of all, Marie-Nicole is a very great friend, my best friend amongst female singers. We've known each other since "Orlando Furioso", for seven or eight years, I think. And then, with Cecilia Bartoli, it's no secret that I've been a very, very big fan right from the start. I'm fascinated by her artistry - an artistry that is impossible to equal or imitate. Now that I think about it, I remember the time when once, eight or nine years ago, I stood in line for her autograph at the end of a concert when I was somewhere between being a student and a budding professional.

20s or 30s?

If I had to choose, definitely the 30s. It's true that in one's 20s one has one's future before one (in inverted commas). One has all the possibilities that can open up for one but I prefer the 30s because I have the impression of having less to prove. I can steer myself towards something more calm. When one's a young singer (or musician), one is very anxious because one has to prove that one can sing in a large (concert) hall, sing accurately, sing loudly enough, sing musically and sing the works of different composers. One has to go through auditions and then there's the question of whether one gets hired or not. It's a difficult time; very exciting, but very difficult. It's true that in my case, in the 30s there is a certain vocal maturity. I've been singing for 12/13 years now, so obviously, the voice has matured. Leaving aside the 20s and 30s, I'm convinced that as I approach the 40s, I want to do something more, I wouldn't say deep, because opera is also a very intense experience, but something that has a certain eloquence - I don't know, something where I don't always feel the need to fight to sing - something perhaps based on words and the flavour of words and searching for a certain simple eloquence.

Paris or Boston?

Oh, I'd choose Paris for a variety of reasons. It's a city that I love deeply and I adore living in Paris and the more I travel, the more I like to live in Paris. I'd never get blasé about Paris because I have to go away so frequently and I'm always happy to return. In fact, I have the impression of being an eternal tourist in my own city. Boston was a wonderful experience, but I have a preference for New York, at least to live in. It's interesting for me now to try to do not just concerts but opera productions abroad. The advantage of an opera prodution is that you don't just stay for two days, you stay one-and-a- half to two months in the same city. The great opportunity of this profession is to travel, to go elsewhere, to experience different cultures and even more so, mentalities. You realise that for classical concerts, the audience reaction differs from one country to another.

Library or Gym?

Well, library! I would like to be a bit more motivated for the gym. When one's a singer, you should keep in good physical shape but I certainly feel more at home in a library and for many reasons. It's true that with baroque music you can feel a real connection with the scores of the time, especially with the real thing, with the writing and sometimes the signature of the composer. It's a bit esoteric to say that - I'm not into spiritualism - you're only looking at a score, after all, but there's something intense about it.

Television or radio?

I'm more for television. I'm a bit of a glutton for television. I like the radio but I think that there's an extra excitement with television - even when I'm appearing on TV - perhaps because one is more stressed. There's an extra tension, I think with TV - for me, anyway.

A.
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty17th December 2011, 20:56

Artemis

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you so much ......

kiss hugs clapping bow bow bow bow
Back to top Go down
Vivaldi

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty17th December 2011, 20:58

Thank you Artemis. Although my french is good I didn't really understand the answer of the 20's - 30's so thanks again! kiss
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty17th December 2011, 21:01

Artemis,

good, bravo! I really appreciate your work, thank you very very much. flowers

"an eternal tourist in my own city" - nicely said.

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty17th December 2011, 21:07

thank you Artemis Even if I actually understands him it is great help for some parts!!

My French is getting better since I'm in love... happy
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty18th December 2011, 07:08

Gosh! I never received a bunch of emotikon flowers before (blushes pleasurably) ....
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty18th December 2011, 22:58

Artemis
and I thank you too!well done!! give rose drinks dance
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty18th December 2011, 23:07

I agree! Thank you very much for the translation. smile
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty19th December 2011, 13:06

Dear Artemis,
Thank you, once more! smile
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
peacefulworld

peacefulworld

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty19th December 2011, 21:35

Thank you very much.
I could guess the answer about "Paris or Boston?"and "Library or Gym?".
But the rest of part was impossible to understand for me. thank you
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty19th December 2011, 22:27

The answer to "library or gym" can also sometimes be seen, there exists a stress-philippe and a relax-philippe.... rofl
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty21st December 2011, 11:39

Elysische Gefilde

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.   Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Duetti da camera with M.-E. Cencic and W. Christie.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next