Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!

Go down 
+16
chablisuk
carolineleiden
tuffy942
mon 1650
idubrov
Morten Sletten
Balletlover
karenpat
Duffy
Artaserse
Jarofil
Kelalla
rikkapijemy
temp
Vandea
Joanna
20 posters
AuthorMessage
Joanna

Joanna

Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty
PostSubject: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty29th July 2011, 09:17

from 19 September 2011...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty29th July 2011, 11:24

Yay, only two month to wait. clapping

Thank you for posting it Joanna kiss
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty29th July 2011, 21:01

Vandea
drinks dance
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty30th July 2011, 08:51

Does anyone know how this project came about? Philippe has been avoiding the mainstream works for all these years but this is one of the most popular works of classical music.

I am looking forward to the release very much but it’s still a little puzzling.

I hope there will be a promotion video. Oh, I can hardly wait!!
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty30th July 2011, 10:48

In any case the CD is already presale on the website of Fnac
Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty30th July 2011, 17:52

This attempt to compete with soprano in the Pie Jesu can be very exciting
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty5th August 2011, 12:09

Available for pre-order from Amazon UK

Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty16th August 2011, 21:32

or Presto Classical + some more info:

Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty19th August 2011, 02:22

It's an announcement from VIRGIN:

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty19th August 2011, 07:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty19th August 2011, 22:20

This is nearly unbearable beautiful.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty20th August 2011, 15:24

Any reason for the two different CD covers?
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty20th August 2011, 18:17

Maybe a single! I think it´s the photo from amazon´s mp3 version of Pie Jesu.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty21st August 2011, 07:34

that explains it...
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty21st August 2011, 10:10

smile wink
Back to top Go down
Balletlover

Balletlover

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty24th August 2011, 08:25

Quote :
This is nearly unbearable beautiful.

I fully agree with you Duffy !

When you listen to Pie Jesu, it is not a boy's voice, it is not an angel's voice It is Philippe's voice and I love it inlove

It touches the heart and comes from the soul.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty24th August 2011, 17:08

Some months ago I read an interview. Philippe wondered whether he would be able to keep the "aigus" while developing his voice towards the low register. Now he has given the answer himself. I wouldn't have expected such a high and and at the same time soft
note anymore. I think, they registered that in February? Let's see what the next surprise will be.... give heart
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty2nd September 2011, 19:51

I'm downloading the album from iTunes as I type inlove strange how some albums seem to be released on iTunes (at least in Norway) before the official release date...in this case iTunes claims the album was released today. I'm not complaining though!!
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty2nd September 2011, 20:41

All Pie Jesu on YT:

swoon
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty3rd September 2011, 12:21

A beautiful recording! - Only there's way too little of Philippe on this CD. - Just "pie Jesu" which lasts a tiny 3 minutes 37 seconds... They're sheer bliss though... And by the way: it IS physically available in the shops already! flowers
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty6th September 2011, 12:25

Here is the first review of the NDR:

It seems they like it ! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty6th September 2011, 19:34

Duffy

Thank you so much for sharing this!

Philippe about "Pie Jesu":

Quote :
"Das war ein Traum, diese Arie aufzunehmen, aber ich hatte ein bisschen Angst. Denn diese Arie ist für ein Kind geschrieben, und natürlich ist sie ein bisschen hoch für einen Countertenor. Was diese Arie so schwierig macht: Wenn Sie zu viel machen, töten Sie die Musik. Aber wenn Sie nicht genug machen, töten Sie die Musik auch."

"Es ist ein sehr idealistisches Stück mit vielen Farben, aber nicht rot oder sehr aggressiv, sondern es ist ein Blau", erklärt Jaroussky. "Es klingt ein bisschen traurig, aber auch mit Hoffnung darin, mit Licht."

swoon

" It was a dream, to record this aria, but I was a bit afraid. Because this aria was written for a child and of course, it is a little to high for a countertenor.
What is so difficult in this aria: if you do too much, you will kill the music. But if you do not enough, you will kill the music, too. "

" It is an very idealistic piece with a lot of colours, but not red or very aggressive - no, it is blue. "
" It sound a little sad, but also with hope in it, with light."

Sorry for my schreckliches English.

Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty7th September 2011, 20:47

Artaserse
kiss flowers
Back to top Go down
idubrov

idubrov

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty8th September 2011, 11:36

Artaserse, thank you for the translation! Your English is very good indeed!
By the way, don't you think that M. Jaroussky's singing of this piece is really quite 'blue' - just like moonlight?! (Sorry for the commonplace...)
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty8th September 2011, 17:37

idubrov,

yes, "blue" like water is "blue", not typical blue, but "blue" of sparkling water springing up... think
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty8th September 2011, 18:30

In English blue also means sad and melancholy.
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty10th September 2011, 13:42

This critic was in a german newspaper today (Bremen) a friend of mine send it to me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
idubrov

idubrov

PostSubject: Vandea   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty10th September 2011, 14:22

A very nice critique. The headline in particular is quite complimentary!
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty10th September 2011, 21:42

Vandea,

Thank you
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty16th September 2011, 13:34

Artaserse,
Thank you for the translation from German. Your English was beautiful. flowers It is the first that I read about Philippe's words about Pie Jesu - in english - and it explains why his voice is so "white". It is incredible and beyond angellic. Of course his voice is very versatile and can sing a variety of roles, moods and colors, but for this....perfect!
Thank you and also Thanks Philippe!
Maria
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty30th September 2011, 13:32

Blue also means clear, cool, water, sky. Not just sad. I am Dutch, and the adjective blue has no sad association for me whatsoever. But purity, transparance, coolness, clarity, infinity.

This is a Requiem Mass. Catholics do not only mourn the departure of their dead, we also celebrate that they have gone to be with God, and we hope that God may forgive them, welcome them, and embrace them. The dead go home.

That is the Pie Jesu. We plead with him. Ask for his mercy. No better advocate for that than Philippes voice. Or that of an innocent boy. And he's done it: I've never heard anyone mature resemble a treble so much.
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty6th October 2011, 19:24

Here is a criticism that hurts me but I am not qualified enough to judge
Is there anyone among you a more professional to say what he (she) thinks
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty16th October 2011, 10:16

Another review. Only one word about Philippe but I think it is meant to be a compliment. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
idubrov

idubrov

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty16th October 2011, 11:56

"otherworldly" DOES sound like a compliment there!
Back to top Go down
idubrov

idubrov

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty18th October 2011, 12:32

It's a thoroughly private opinion of the CD; quite smart, though:

Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty21st October 2011, 12:39

In Holland, critic Jan van Laar wrote in Elsevier: (my translation-so not perfect))

Gabriel Faure, (1845-1924) was refined even at a young age. His "Elegie" (1880, orchestrated in 1895) for cello and orchestra is harmonically open, with a multitude of tender details. No wonder that we can hear soloist Eric Picard hear sighing with enjoyment.
The "Cantique de Jean Racine" is even older (1865) but filled with Faurean inflections. For "Super Flumina Babylonis" (1863) this is even a first recording.

And a worthwile one, too. Paavo Järvi conducts Choir and Orchestre de Paris furthermore in the "Pavane"and the "Requiem". Blissfull examples of a praiseworthy repertoire. The soloist are special. Matthias Goerne as a bariton, with a little too much German vibrato and countertenor Philippe Jaroussky almost witchy ("hekserig") in the "Pie Jesu".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must say: te last person I would compare Philippe to would be the old mean witch from Hansl and Gretl, but maybe he just meant to say bewitching, like enchanting, or putting a spell over the listener. That I can wholeheartedly agree with. But that would rather be put as: "betoverend" (bezaubernd) . Hekserig is no compliment in dutch. A "heks" is eine Hexe. A witch. Melusine. Someone who sold their soul to the Devil. A Faust.

Well, at least it is original. Something different than the obligatory "angel". Philippe can safely accept the angel comparison though: angels DO have emotions. That's how the whole devil problem came into existence! Because this group of angels, lead by Lucifer, got jealous of the love God felt for the humans, who they considered to be lower lifeforms, so they rebelled against God. (I don't exactly know for sure whether that story is told in Revelations or in Enoch, but it is very old literature. )

Last edited by carolineleiden on 21st October 2011, 20:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
idubrov

idubrov

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty21st October 2011, 14:59

Or maybe the critic meant something along the lines of "eerie" or "uncanny" - supernatural and therefore a bit frightening?
Back to top Go down
chablisuk

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty6th November 2011, 11:59

Another very happy reviewer -
"Fauré’s understated Requiem is another iconic work which has suffered by dint of its popularity; too many dodgy amateur performances convinced me that I never wanted to hear it again. And then a fresh-sounding recording turns up, and makes you realise that there is something special going on here......

The surprise in Paavo Järvi’s live recording of the full orchestral version is counter tenor Philippe Jaroussky’s solo in the Pie Jesu, a gamble which comes off beautifully; Jaroussky’s otherworldly vocal perfect for this work.

Read the full review at:
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty7th November 2011, 14:17

From Altamusica note 4/4

In addition to the complete commented above Chamber music, Virgin published a very captivating version of the Requiem, with Paavo Järvi at the head of the choir and the Orchestre de Paris with Philippe Jaroussky and Matthias Gœrne in standouts. A bold voice choice, but the osmosis is perfect, both two singers have the music fitted to the body.
Järvi also surprised by a depth and delicacy there success where it does expected it not necessarily. The Orchestre de Paris is perfect. Éric Picard plays the Elégie for cello with a sober and real emotion.

To Artemis
thank you to take a look to the translation Merci Merci...

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty7th November 2011, 17:48

@ rikkapijemy

Thanks for your note. If you could put the original French text here , I could take a look at it for you ...

A.
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty7th November 2011, 18:03

@ Artemis
Parallèlement à l’intégrale de musique de chambre commentée plus haut, Virgin publie une très attachante version du Requiem, avec Paavo Järvi à la tête du Chœur et de l’Orchestre de Paris, avec Philippe Jaroussky et Matthias Gœrne en solistes. Un choix vocal audacieux, mais l’osmose se révèle parfaite, tant les deux chanteurs ont la musique chevillée au corps.

Järvi aussi étonne par une vraie réussite en profondeur et en délicatesse là où on ne l’attendait pas forcément. L’Orchestre de Paris est parfait. Éric Picard joue l’Elégie pour violoncelle avec une émotion sobre et vraie

Merci vous êtez une mère pour moi!
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty7th November 2011, 19:55

Steady on, young Rikkapijemy - for me to be your "maman" I would have had to be sexually active at a verrrr-y early age!

Here you are:

Alongside all the chamber music commented on above, Virgin has published a very engaging version of the Requiem with Paavo Järvi conducting the Choeur and Orchestre de Paris and Philippe Jaroussky and Matthias Goerne as soloists. A bold vocal choice but both singers are in such collusion with the music that the osmosis proves to be perfect.

Järvi also surprises with great success in depth and delicacy where one would not necessarily have expected to find it. The Orchestre de Paris is perfect. Eric Picard plays the Elegy for Cello with restrained and genuine emotion.
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty2nd February 2012, 16:47

"The soprano voice is sung here (for unexplained reasons) by a countertenor, and though Jaroussky has a striking voice, he sings with a free, almost pop style in the "Pie Jesu" that seems apart from Jarvi's otherwise sober approach."

What? Pop style? affraid no shock

Fortunately also a better one:

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty2nd February 2012, 17:35

I reckon review n° 1 must have been written by serenaluce or her alter ego, arpeggio - they're always banging on ad nauseam about Philippe's "pop" style!

Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty2nd February 2012, 20:47

I agree with Artemis, Serenaluce seems pretty obsessed about Philippe and she's always repeating the same about his supposed pop style...I usually play the "Vedrò con mio diletto" rendition in 2007 awards and she keeps coming back to that video to comment everytime the same, a real troll!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty3rd February 2012, 07:39

Hehe, that is the best example for the case " want to write something , but miss ideas because stupid". scary
Otherwise, the people don´t understand the real meaning of the word " pop" and repeat any minds of someone else. Poor people.

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty4th March 2012, 19:05

'Lob für höchste töne'

CRESCENDO
oktober/november 2011

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Astarto

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty4th March 2012, 22:38

Och, well, one can just re-define "pop style" as "a style that is not unpleasantla artificial.
I mean, come on: Those singer famous for "baroque singing" who have incredible tension in their jaw (some altos, won´t mention names), shaking lip, do trills with the underlip (you know who does this), create their sound by building much too much pressure (too many to name do this), CTs who sound nice but grimace so much that you understand why they made castratos practice in front of a mirror, etc., etc. - they do not sound popular. At least they´re not popular with me. wink They sound fake, false for me. For me the real art is to make the singing sound natural, as if it was easy - not make it seem difficult only because one uses a bad, erroneous or distorted technique. Balance, elegance, an enhancement of nature, please! PhJ does that. No-one would want to see a ballet dance who makes it look as if earth was pulling him down and it was extremely difficult to dance, hm? Then why like that in singers? A singer has to practice until art seems natural.

Last edited by Astarto on 4th March 2012, 23:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty4th March 2012, 22:50

Good point Astarto! That's where Philippe's magic lies! (among other things!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!   Gabriel Fauré - Requiem! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Fauré - Requiem!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The new CD´s!-
Jump to: