Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September

Go down 
+5
*JaRoWi1647*
bpidouxl
Jarofil
Joanna
Vandea
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Vandea

Vandea

Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty
PostSubject: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty16th July 2011, 13:11

A friend told me that Philippe will be guest at the German talkshow "3 nach 9" Sep. 2nd! It's also stated on his website!
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty16th July 2011, 13:35

Vandea
indeed! wink
2 .09. 2011
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty16th July 2011, 16:09

Joanna

Thanks for posting the link. I was at work when I wrote that via my Iphone. So I had no chance to do a search for it.

I will ask my parents once more to record it for us.
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty28th August 2011, 16:54

Recording is already progammed! Cross fingers that it will work!
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty3rd September 2011, 08:37

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty4th September 2011, 14:58

Some pictures from the talkshow:

no
Back to top Go down
bpidouxl

bpidouxl

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty5th September 2011, 09:56

I like very much hearing Philippe to speak in German with his French accent, I find him brave to speak in this language so difficult, I do not dare and nevertheless I taught it to the school and my accent is as his...
It is bizarre to ask him about Sarkozy, no?
My English is not better than my German, I remain really French-speaking, sorry!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty5th September 2011, 11:37

Joanna

The screenshot is to .... die for? NO. To LIVE for!

Jarofil

Great pictures, but these copyright- marks....Tiranni Barbari!!!! no-no!

BTW - the show itself was sooooooo long and boring, big bow to Philippe again for his patience and good mood. He was one of the two people there, who had really something interesting to say and they let him just some minutes at the end . Not good.

bpidouxl

You´re right- I like it , too! Philippe speaks so many languages fluently and so charmant! inlove

And please, don´t worry- I can speak ( for example) only two languages really good- my Russian is perfect and my German - almost perfect, with accent of course. I learned English self by myself and need a lot of speaking practice.
But we understand each other quite wonderful and this is the main part of all! drinks
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty6th September 2011, 17:07

You're absolutely right, Jana. BTW, I like it when Philippe says "offentlich" ( eng. in public) and means "oft" (eng. often)
At the first time, I thought, what does he mean? "öffentlich?" Perhaps someone should tell him ? Now, I'm already waiting for it, and he surely will say it. I think, those faults are quite lovable. kiss The most important thing is to talk at all.

One last word to the talkshow: Regarding the reaction of the designer Mrs. Schumacher after she had heard the Pie Jesu, I thought 'that is what we all must have looked like after the first confrontation with this incredible voice'. swoon
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty6th September 2011, 19:14

Duffy

Quote :
BTW, I like it when Philippe says "offentlich" ( eng. in public) and means "oft" (eng. often)

Allow me to guess, that could mean " hoffentlich" ( hopefully ) with his beautiful French pronunciation . embrace

He he, I looked at Annett Louisian and I´m sure, she was a bit hypnotized. I can understand her voll und ganz! blush
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty7th September 2011, 10:50

Artaserse, perhaps he uses it in both senses.....anyway, I think he was very brave during the show, one could see how he tried to understand what the others were saying, that must have been quite tough. wise
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty30th September 2011, 10:53

Often people with good musical qualities pick up on languages very fast as well. It is the same part of the brain.

(Which gives me hope for my own musical development: I am fluent in 3 foreign languages and I can pretty much understand 3 more. (well, one of them is a dead language, but nevertheless: if they invented a time machine, I would be able to ask directions and place an order in a restaurant all through the Roman Empire.)
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty30th September 2011, 12:26

You also have to consider that all the languages he is speaking are of romanic origin, (except german.) Nevertheless it is a major task not to mingle them all up...
Last but not least, I think it is quite nice when it happens sometimes, not to mention that charming french accent in his german......ooops I 've almost gone off topic...... :-)
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty30th September 2011, 13:15

English is not entirely of romanic origine, I believe. Like german and dutch it is part of the nordic linguistic family. It was the Danish who invaded the British Isles before the Normans did and they left a big footprint there the Normans never completely erased.

But I agree: when you speak french, you are in fact already speaking spanish, italian and latin. Just like us Dutch: we already speak german. Just a different kind. smile

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty30th September 2011, 14:49

Thanks for the lesson
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 08:57

Speaking five languages more or less fluent from two language families makes it all the more an admirable achievement of Philippe, isn't it?

(The hardest part of expressing yourself in a foreign language is not the fluency or the pronunciation. It is eloquence and wit.)
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 09:23

Duffy
carolineleiden

Dear friends, allow me to interrupt your nice conversation about the languages and express my agree with the words about
Quote :
Speaking five languages more or less fluent from two language families makes it all the more an admirable achievement of Philippe, isn't it?
- YES, it makes! inlove

And
Quote :
The hardest part of expressing yourself in a foreign language is not the fluency or the pronunciation. It is eloquence and wit.
Yes, but my eloquence in English is immediately gone if I start to speak to him....what a pity.... blush I decide henceforth to speak German , because I can it by far better .

(Btw- my mother language is Russian and I love it! Quite different family, hehe.)

Last edited by *JaRoWi1647* on 1st October 2011, 09:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 09:33

The talkshow was indeed boring and superficial. It must be really hard to keep your good cheer, and remain kind, polite and patient amids a barage of stupid questions and ignorance while you could have been at home with a nice fire going and a good glass of wine and the cat in your lap with an interesting book.

Ignorance is bliss only to the ignorant, unfortunately. Chapeau to Philippe who has this cross to bear on order to promote the music he loves.

What a ghastly way to make a living, come to think of it. The singing and performing part must be nice if you're an artist, but everything else that has to do with it really is the downside of his profession, hardest part of which must be being famous.

(I mean, we all have had our moments of stupidity when we were quite relieved nobody gave a damn, but everything he does is "news". )

Mrs Jana, smart move to meet him on your own terms: his english is better than his german, so there you have the advantage. I speak french, but I think I would not be able to get one sentence out straight if I ever met him face to face.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 09:48

Oh yes, this show was insomuch boring, that I had already compassion with our dear Philippe, who had to endure all these empty discussions only to defend the music he ( and we) loves .
So he did it also for us. bow The same time I got angry about the people who don´t let him to speak at the beginning of the show - I believe, it would be an really good idea to rescue the situation and to make the things alive and honest- it happen always when Philippe could get " a word".

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 10:09

SALVE carolineleiden,

Dutch, English and German belong to Westgermanic language branch.

And all languages mentioned here have been developed from (Proto-)Indo-European, thats why they seem to be "similar" or have some same grammar elements. And in this way we can put them in one group. smile

I would go by the timemachine with you. friends Latin is the best! The best base for studying all (Indo-European) Languages, even for Slavic Languages (like Russian, JaRoWi, and Czech wink )
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 10:49

Salve Jarofil,

Funny to think that the Romans themselves would not agree with us: in those days, the place to be, the art to cherish and the language to speak was greek.. The great Roman Empire was in fact Hellenistic.

The take away hamburger was a Roman invention, though, and if ANYTHING has become the symbol of the influence of western civilization.... smile
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 10:58

Dear Jana,

the pictures in the spoiler...oh, that poor, poor man! What a job. Constantly having to appear in places your management tells you to go because it is good for business. No big fat recording contract would be big and or fat enough for me to constantly endure that.

Addendum about greek vs roman: The culture of the Roman Empire was Hellenistic, but when it comes to the millitary and civil organization, in those areas the Romans were unsurpassed.

Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 13:22

Salve, carolineleiden.
They were also unsurpassed legislating. Roman law is still the core of all Western law.
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty1st October 2011, 15:38

XAIPE carolineleiden, prankster

due to your words only Greek seems to be an official language in ancient Rome. think Important is Roman Empire was de facto bilingual society.
Of course the influence of Hellenism was very strong, but what Romans accepted it transformed and adapted to their own image. Knowledge of Greek was a necessity to transport hellenistic culture to Rome. But they sensed importance of Latin and they wanted to have their own version of Greek "culture". E. g. the Latin philosophical terminology by Cicero and Lucretius. So Roman literature (culture) can’t be seen only as a Greek epigon.

I know you mentioned it with hyperbole, I’m just a bit sensitive to simplifications like Roman culture is actually Greek one. blush
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty2nd October 2011, 22:43

Dear Jarofil,

As a linguist you know these matters better than I do. The only classics I learned after mon "bac"were in church. (Latin liturgy)

But I certainly did not wish to imply that Greek was the official language of the Roman Empire. But I do know that the Greek language was considered more refined, and that speaking latin was something for the lower classes. It was considered a bit coarse, not very refined, especially when it came to the expression of nuances, of feelings. Greek was very fashionable, and it was the language of science, of literature.

A bit like french was in the Netherlands during and immediately after the Napoleonic occupation of the early 1800 s. The better classes spoke french. And the better classes still give their children french names. And our first modern lawbooks were copies of french laws, especially the Code Civil.

Roman influence on the northern parts of Europe were never that big. They never really got past the Rhine, because that was all swampland with hardly any people living there and the ones that did didn't like Romans.

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty3rd October 2011, 17:34

I hope I am allowed to get a little bit "down to earth". I find your discussion really interestant, especially because i had only a little idea about all of that. But at the moment, I just have to say:
Thank you, Jana for those screenshots. Even if he seems quite bored, what a beautiful face! sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September    Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September  Empty

Back to top Go down

Talkshow 3 nach 9 NDR; 2. September
Page 1 of 1