Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

The dream - role!

Go down 
+7
carolineleiden
tuffy942
Mercè
nightspell
Joanna
karenpat
*JaRoWi1647*
11 posters
AuthorMessage
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty8th April 2010, 21:51

So, my deare !

I suppose, all of us would have some "dream- roles", in which we would like to see Philippe on stage.
Here we can share our thoughts about! And dream....just a litt´Le ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty9th April 2010, 14:20

First of all I would like to see Philippe on stage, in person. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I hope he'll come to Norway soon, either for a guest role in the National Opera or a recital/concert.

I confess I don't know enough about opera roles & libretti to know what role Philippe would be best in, that he hasn't already done. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Joanna

Joanna

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty9th April 2010, 15:01

Tolomeo in Haendel's Gulio Cesare...it would be veeery interesting[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ,this is the dream role hehe! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty9th April 2010, 23:31

Joanna, be honest - he is toooooooooooooo nice for Tolomeo!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
nightspell
Admin
nightspell

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty10th April 2010, 00:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thank you for such an interesting subject wink

... I would like to listen and see something absolutely unexpected. And we know after all that anything performed by Philippe will sound perfect and perfectly unusual. So, as an old rock fan I would prefer to hear gorgeous good old English rock classic..! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...and desperately beautiful Jacques Brel, whom he respect so much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty10th April 2010, 08:26

Hasn't he already played Tolomeo? If I remember correctly, in a production where Marie Nicole Lemieux played Cesare, but I can't remember where or when it was.
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty10th April 2010, 09:52

but he said : \"damn, I\'m not so wonderful and nice!\" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Yes, he played Tolomeo ,but nobody hadn\'t the idea to released it on DVD.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Joanna on 10th April 2010, 10:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty10th April 2010, 10:16

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Opéra à Nancy 2007. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

An short extract from Philippe´s interview in Quebec, 2006.

"
When did you meet Marie-Nicole
Lemieux?

While recording Vivaldi’s Orlando furioso with Jean-Christophe
Spinosi and the Matheus Ensemble. I have to say that we were
immediately drawn to each other. But our friendship might not have
developed if there hadn’t been further projects. We met again for two
other Vivaldi operas with the same chamber group – Fida Ninfa and
Griselda (which is being released this fall on CD). We were
also in Berlin together for a production of Monteverdi’s Return of
Ulysses
with René Jacobs. Next year we’ll be sharing the stage
again for the Opéra de Nancy in Handel’s Giulio Cesare.
Marie-Nicole will sing the title role while I do the Tolomeo role. We’re
really looking forward to it! Both of us have established a real
working relationship. For example, I asked her to sing on my latest CD,
and we clearly want to work together whenever possible.

Yet you have very
different voices.

Yes. But, you know, the most similar voices don’t go together
best. It’s the result, the chemistry, that counts. Also, our
temperaments complement one another. I’m more reserved, more focused on
the musicological side of things, whereas she’s spontaneous and fiery,
which means we have a lot of fun together. By the way, Marie-Nicole is
hugely popular in Europe.

"
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty10th April 2010, 10:46

Joanna wrote:
but he said : \"damn, I\'m not so wonderful and nice!\" [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok, ok , let us look forward for his (new) Nerone!!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I guess,Philippe will be verrry convincing in this role now, because he prepares himself really diligent ! And he is very excited to act Nerone on stage in a "real" staging, not just in a concert- version ( what is easier to do ).

I asked him , whether he should be a "bad boy", but Philippe answered
- No, not quite really one....he is....sooo....( then we ´re showing each other HOW he is - with our facial expression...something like this [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty17th April 2010, 23:35

Some of you will go to Madrid? I will go on 21of may. I'm anxious to get on!

Salut!
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty19th April 2010, 17:48

What about Romeo in " I Capuleti e I Montecchi " by V. Bellini ( 1830) , hm ? Not too low and too romantic ? With Patricia Petibon as Giulietta, perhaps ? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Maria Malibran was once 1832 Giulietta and her younger sister Paulina Viardot was an very successful Romeo 1844...
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty19th April 2010, 18:47

I would like to see him in a performance of"Faramondo" (not only in a concert version like in Lausanne 2009) Can you imagine this performance with the same artists that sang in Lausanne?

I love this opera; I'm never tired of hearing; all the airs are extremely beautiful, and the rôle of Adolfo is perfect for Jaroussky.

Another rôle that would be good for him is Farnace, from "Mitridate, re di Ponto". Besides, he sang the last air recently in Paris, in the gala of Les Arts Florissants's 30th anniversary. The only question is wether hi's prepared yet to sing all the rôle.
What do tou think about?

Best regards!
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty20th April 2010, 06:39

Mercè wrote:
I would like to see him in a performance of"Faramondo" (not only in a concert version like in Lausanne 2009) Can you imagine this performance with the same artists that sang in Lausanne?

I love this opera; I'm never tired of hearing; all the airs are extremely beautiful, and the rôle of Adolfo is perfect for Jaroussky.

Another rôle that would be good for him is Farnace, from "Mitridate, re di Ponto". Besides, he sang the last air recently in Paris, in the gala of Les Arts Florissants's 30th anniversary. The only question is wether hi's prepared yet to sing all the rôle.
What do tou think about?

Best regards!

I also love Faramondo! It was actually the first time I "really" heard Max Emanuel Cencic.

Regarding Mitridate - I could see him more as Sifare than Farnace in terms of character but I don't know if the role is maybe too high for him. On the DVD production I have Sifare is played by Miah Persson.. I haven't heard or seen any other productions of it than this though, which may be why I can't picture anyone but Bejun Mehta in the role as Farnace.. I feel maybe Bejun has more of the dramatic intensity for that role while Sifare would be a nice "prince role" for Philippe.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty20th April 2010, 07:51

Oh, all these baroque Prince - and Hero - roles !!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I would like to see each of them ( Händel, Vivaldi, Mozart and all the other maestri) but in one appropriate staging with suitable costumes . It could be funny, tragical and uncommon, but please - no empty stage with only two white boxes as "decoration" !
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty20th April 2010, 10:30

I'm more into "white box" stagings now I must admit.. still it would be nice to see Philippe in something like the production of Rodelinda (Met???) with David Daniels and Bejun Mehta. Buckled shoes, extravagant coats and bowed ponytails... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty20th April 2010, 11:12

Of course!!!! This needs beautiful costumes, swords, gardens, sacrificial altar and so on... But, this is very expensive, and theaters don't want expend money. Anyway, even with a "modern" nude decor, I'd like to see this opera, with Jaroussky, of course! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty20th April 2010, 19:06

I'm absolutely opposite to "savings"on the decoration, scenery, costumes, etc ... I can't get over that modernize Baroque operas, it's downright a profanation!
I had the opportunity to see Handel's Julius Caesar in my city, where on the stage were four white pillars, and the scene was lit ugly pink light! only the costumes resembled those epoch-making....it was terrible... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty20th April 2010, 19:54

I'm going to see L'incoronazione di Poppea at the Opera in Oslo in June and it's a modern version - it's a second run of a production from last season. The set is pretty much in the "white boxes" style, however it's more famous for using very much fake blood and "graphic" content to the extent that the ads in newspapers are marked with a "viewer discretion" note. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] However I love Monteverdi's music and it's a great cast so I'll just close my eyes if it gets too bad [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Sorry for going off topic....I think opera staging is an interesting discussion.

Do we know if Philippe has played in Poppea or if he plans to?
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty21st April 2010, 08:28

Philippe played Nerone in "Poppea" already at the beginning of his carreer ( conducted by J.-C. Malgoire) 2001 at TCE and he will do it again right now in Madrid and in Paris ( concert version). [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I´m curious about the staging there, but I hope, they wouldn´t force him to do something like «Allonge-toi. Il va te violer. Et puis une autre nana va te violer à son tour.» [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty21st April 2010, 13:26

I hope so! And I hope he does'nt have to wear a wig like in "Agrippina". The first time I saw the YT video I turned off the PC; I was shocked!! Then, I have seen it many times because the airs are really beautiful. We'll wait the surprise! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty8th May 2010, 14:25

...meanwhile the lucky lucky Spanish people in Madrid could meet
The Emperor himself ( in the flesh ) somewhere on the street close to Teatro Real or in an café , enjoying the hot chocolate with churros......Take care, it could be true for you ! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty11th May 2010, 13:18

Yes, it could be... I'm prepared to say him: "bon appetit, mon chou"

With only ten days I'll see the emperor of baroque! I can't still believe it!
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty16th June 2010, 18:18

I suppose that because I have always found similarities between the voice production of Lorraine Hunt and Philippe's I would have loved to have him do "Ariodante".But he quickly said it would not be for his voice due to the singing range the role presents...So other than a repetition of Megacle in L'Olympiade would be dreamy enough for me!
And after seeing him as Nerone......another dream-role!
music
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty2nd October 2011, 18:21

If he ever pulls off that solo boy treble part of Allegri's Miserere Mei, I'll marry him on the spot.

Back to top Go down
Duffy

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty3rd October 2011, 18:02

I totally agree with you Caroline concerning the part, but you didn't see and hear him live yet, am I right?
I predict that you will want marry him at least twice during one concert!! give heart
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty3rd October 2011, 18:19

Bigamy is unfortunately illegal. Besides, I already want to marry Itzhak Perlman too.

I am going to a concert in Amsterdam next februari. Right after Philippes birthday, so I am going to give him a very decent bottle of wine. To say thank you for his marvellous voice, and to congratulate him.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty3rd October 2011, 18:29

Well, he just received a bottle of wine in Bremerhaven and I heard, he was very happy with that. good
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty3rd October 2011, 21:43

carolineleiden

Gosh, your matrimonial plans are terrific! Did the lucky pretenders already know about your sceptred choice? grin
But against a good wine is nothing to complain! drinks

Duffy

Mr. Jaroussky is always so nice and favourable to express his gladness for the modest gifts of the audience. angel

Cidy

Cidy

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty11th November 2011, 16:45

Hi !!!

I found this topic very interesting. I am looking for Il Sant'Alessio on DVD (and buying it soon, from the net...); but I also would like to see a performance of Rinaldo, with of course, Philippe playing the title role, because he sings Haendel's arias incredibly well. "Laschia Ch'io Pianga" is how I have discovered him and it was...well, love at first sight.

PS: right now I am listening again to "Heroes - Vivaldi arias", it is enchanting, I love it !

Have a nice weekend !

Baroquement Vôtre,

Cidy.
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty11th November 2011, 22:43

Cidy

Philippe played already Rinaldo , I would like to see this performance , too. blush

The cast was quite nice, almost the same as in "Agrippina".

Rinaldo: Philippe Jaroussky.
Almirena: Ingrid Perruche
Armida: Delphine Gillot
Goffredo: Dominique Visse
Eustazio: Thierry Grégoire
Argante: Nigel Smith

La Grande Ecurie et La Chambre du Roy
Jean-Claude Malgoire.

Théâtre des Champs-Elysées en París.

I´ve recording from 15-OCT-2005 ....

Cidy

Cidy

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty12th November 2011, 20:33

Hi Artaserse,

Yes, I have heard about his performance as Rinaldo in an interview, but as far as I remember, he said that he got sick at that time, so he had to interrupt the project (or something like that, I 'm not sure). And I checked for a recording of this performance everywhere on the net and couldn't find anything...

Did you upload you recording somewhere on the net or any link where to find it?

Thank you for the info. Have a nice evening wink
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty13th November 2011, 15:19

Hi, Cidy! agree

I posted the link to download here!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

P.S. If you want, I´ll upload also "La fida ninfa" a.D. 2004.

SJuli

SJuli

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty13th November 2011, 16:16

Artaserse,

Could you? Pleeeeease!!!! bow
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Cidy

Cidy

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty13th November 2011, 18:21

Artaserse,

Thousands thanks for this, YOU ROCK !!!! You cannot imagine how happy I am to have the chance to see this performance thanks to you !!!! flowers embrace happy thank you

It would be great indeed to have La Fida Ninfa tooooooo of course !!! bow

MERCIIIIIIIIIII
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty13th November 2011, 23:09

Cidy,

It is only audio- recording, you can´t "see" it, I´m sorry!
But to listen is also ... enjoyable ! You´re welcome! agree

SJuli

Done! Please, take a look here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SJuli

SJuli

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty14th November 2011, 19:13

Thank you very much, for both pieces! This will give me something new to listen to for a few days! happy

(Actually, I think I would like to listen to every single note ever recorded with him...)
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

The  dream - role! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The dream - role!   The  dream - role! Empty

Back to top Go down

The dream - role!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dream - Team ?-
Jump to: