Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

In your dreams

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Alison Appleby

In your dreams Empty
PostSubject: In your dreams   In your dreams Empty5th April 2014, 13:09

I would like to dream of

- the music that Vivaldi, Monteverdi, Handel ... would have written for Philippe (or what their current incarnations would write).

- new work produced for Philippe. Does anyone know of any?

- the 2078 concert starring Philippe  (I shan't be able to go).
Back to top Go down
Artemis

In your dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: In your dreams   In your dreams Empty6th April 2014, 19:15

Alison,

Dalbavie's composition (set to sonnets by Louise Labé) was written specifically for Philippe's voice and will be performed (again) at Salzburg in August:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There's also "Caravaggio" by Suzanne Giraud.   Duffy has posted excerpts here ...

A.
Back to top Go down
Alison Appleby

In your dreams Empty
PostSubject: In your dreams   In your dreams Empty7th April 2014, 19:30

Many thanks, Artemis, for this.

The Ballads have been playing all yesterday evening and again this afternoon. Some progress in the more tuneful parts but still unable to take in the clashes (in direction as much as in sound). Not the cascades and the fireworks - I'm fine with those. Sometimes I'm listening so hard I get actually scared of what my conditioned mind and deaf ears were not expecting as ballads. Sometimes my mind wanders off.  Mark: C-. I will continue to try (though effort in listening is a big contrast to the easy enchantment of the arias etc). The Caravaggio I went to a few days ago and interrupted out in sheer disbelief. Next big step for me, perhaps.

A confessed philistine and ignoramus, I sometimes wonder about the possibility of much modern art and modern music having an emperor's-clothes factor, and (having seen examples of Philippe's puckish sense of humour) can't dismiss the thought entirely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

In your dreams Empty
PostSubject: Re: In your dreams   In your dreams Empty

Back to top Go down

In your dreams
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dream - Team ?-
Jump to: