Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.

Go down 
+5
temp
AlexanderBendo
Saskia
Kelalla
*JaRoWi1647*
9 posters
AuthorMessage
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty
PostSubject: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty16th January 2014, 13:23

Seem to be already to pre-order!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

happy 

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty17th January 2014, 13:01

Ah-h!  good 
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty21st January 2014, 12:08

Kelalla

They wanted to release it at the February´s beginning, now there is a date " 28.02" , this is no problem, we can wait a little .  reverence 

A nice gift for the 8. March btw .  wink

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty21st January 2014, 17:40

I maked the pre-oder on the website of JPC !  smile 

Listen to 16 tracks there too!

Amazon-Germany has the picture of the cover online.

Back to top Go down
AlexanderBendo

AlexanderBendo

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty21st January 2014, 18:18

Saskia,

thank you so much!!!!  flowers 

Ohhhhhhh these tracks............omgomgomg!!!!  surprised heat Should be really unusual interpretation, very very adorable !
But the cover- picture is a little too much .... contemporary ( IMHO)

Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty23rd January 2014, 16:32

A little description:

L`Arpeggiata —Music for a while—:
Text repetition: "... In the course of 2014, Music for a while will be presented at concerts in
Rome, Paris, Grenoble, Berlin, Ludwigsburg and London. ..."
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty24th January 2014, 16:29

Presto Classical
Purcell: Music for a While (Strictly Limited Edition - Casebound Deluxe CD+DVD)
Improvisations on Purcell

London audience may not take too kindly to Purcell ‘jazzed-up’. We’ll see. I must confess I prefer Philippe in Italian repertoire.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty25th January 2014, 14:03

temp

Thanks for the link!

Are these two editions ( in Germany announced on 28.02. and English on 03.03) different?  think 

Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty25th January 2014, 14:31

Trailer is online!

Found here:

good 
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty1st February 2014, 15:09

I’ve just watched the trail. Well, sorry but this is definitely not for me. Jazzing-up one work of Monteverdi as an encore is one thing but an entire CD of ‘improvised (or I’d say crossover)’ Purcell is more than I can face. What a great pity, as Philippe’s voice is as brilliant as ever.

Unless the trail only shows the jazzy bit and the rest is true to Purcell. Does anyone know?
Back to top Go down
gyuopera

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty22nd February 2014, 19:00

To tell the truth, I don't like other singers and I miss so much the concert with A. Scholl.
Isn't there CD of this concert, no?
Back to top Go down
http://gyuopera.exblog.jp/
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty22nd February 2014, 20:00

gyuopera

Really pity you don´t like "other singers"...they are amazing as well as the musicians of L´Arpeggiata, but tastes are different......[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There is no CD of  Mr. Jaroussky and Mr. Scholl together ( yet ) , but  I posted the recording of this  great concert in " Audio- downloads".  reverence

Back to top Go down
gyuopera

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty24th February 2014, 19:53

Thank you so much the recording of Scholl & Jaroussky. I really enjoy it.
Each time I listen to "Oh, let me weap" I'm so much moved.
Yes, I know that is another type, but compared with the new one.... Any way I orderd the new CD & video.
Back to top Go down
http://gyuopera.exblog.jp/
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty28th February 2014, 14:30

My "Music for a while" is happily arrived !!!!
And it is absolutely amazing!  contrabass 
Pure bliss from the first to the last note!

And there are five small clips, as they are in full on DVD ;

On DVD :
1- Music for a while ( Philippe )
2- ´Twas within a furlong ( Vincenzo )
3-Strike the viol ( Raquel )
4-Here the deities approve ( Philippe)
5- Trailer.

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty3rd March 2014, 14:51

It is Music for Eternity. Absolutely. 

Bravi tutti!  give heart 

Aaand......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

by Michal Novak.

swoon

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty3rd March 2014, 17:26

Interview with Christina Pluhar on France Musique ( video).

Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty3rd March 2014, 21:51

Photo splendid!
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty4th March 2014, 20:37

"I find the new CD –Music for a while– very interesting.
Casual, timeless, easy going but also: Deep emotionality.
A mix with sense. Highly gifted."
Good!

Found this on NDR (german report): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In the report: "... Philippe Jaroussky, der vielleicht beste Countertenor der Gegenwart..."

I tell you: "Philippe is the best !"   

( My favorites on this CD: "Here The Deities Approve" and "Curtain Tune On A Ground" )

Sunny regards.
sunny 
Back to top Go down
Nath29

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty5th March 2014, 13:29

Saskia,

"Here The Deities Approve" on this CD is my favorite too.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty9th March 2014, 20:42

Great — dear Nath.  agree 

New CD: Music for a while –Purcell–
"I found nice feedback from several german Radio stations too."  good 

hr2 · (german) · read and listen to:

BR Klassik · (german) · listen to:

NDR, again · (german) · listen to:

Deutschlandradio Kultur · (german) · short report:
 wave 

Back to top Go down
Nath29

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty10th March 2014, 19:22

Saskia,
You've found really very nice reviews about the CD "Music for a while".
I like most the material by Natascha Pflaumbaum (the first link). This lady reveals deep understanding of the subject, I agree with what she says about Christina Pluhar and her creative approaches, and that Purcell's music is still there on this CD.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty11th March 2014, 18:25

I admire Christina Pluhar.

Once more:
WDR3 · (german) · listen to:
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty25th March 2014, 21:10

I am afraid I have to agree with this reviewer. The reviewer of CD Review (BBC Radio3) who usually likes Philippe couldn’t find anything favourable to say about the CD, either.

I don’t know whose idea this was but if there is a misguided project, this CD is. I do hope they will rethink about the Wigmore Hall recital if this is the planned programme. I hate to imagine what kind of reception Philippe will have from the London audience.

From a group whose flair and inventiveness I have very much admired in a variety of baroque repertoire comes a real horror — an attempt to update Purcell to a classic of the jazz era. Turning Dido's Lament into lounge-bar smooch

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty25th March 2014, 21:45

Temp,

I've been waiting with interest to see the British reaction to this CD; as a general rule, they do not take kindly to liberties being taken with their national Orpheus!  I haven't heard it myself yet but a friend whose musical opinion I respect described it as "Purcell as elevator music".   I'll make up my own mind though!  I must say that I didn't like Arpeggiata's "Pajaros Perdidos" CD and thought it a crass waste of Philippe's talent - but I'm not keen on crossover anyway and "Via Crucis" (which I liked) is about as far down the crossover route as I'm prepared to go ...

A.
Back to top Go down
AlexanderBendo

AlexanderBendo

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty5th April 2014, 20:32

I take the liberty to love this CD.
I love the breeze of Indian summer in its melancholic parts, preciously performed by Philippe  with   his  distinctive softness, grace and sensitivity - like the evening sun in a lightly nebulous  gloaming ....
I love  tender sadness of the voice of Raquel Andueza, suffering so pure  and so unusually   lucent...
I love the cheeky and playful Vincenzo Capezzuto, he is an chameleon, who changes his expressions  here so often and  skilful- from " shake it, baby!"  in " ´Twas within a furlong" and even "One charming night"  to " In vain the am´rous flute"- endless longing duet where the  both voices fit to  each other like an gentle farewell - embrace.
To bear in mind also that funny theatrical cameo of  Dominique Visse as well as absolutely amazing  performances of all the musicians of "L´Arpeggiata" and their awesome  guests.
Bravi tutti. Deep bow, Mr. Purcell - you deserve this exceptional sign  of  impressively  performed  contemporary tribute!

mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty21st April 2014, 21:50

A nice review:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.   Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell. Empty

Back to top Go down

Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell.
Page 1 of 1