Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Niobe, Regina di Tebe.

Go down 
+3
Artemis
mon 1650
*JaRoWi1647*
7 posters
AuthorMessage
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty
PostSubject: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty10th November 2013, 19:51

It look very like there will be soon a new CD ! happy 

Spoiler:

heat 
fans
Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Niobe on Arte Live   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty15th November 2013, 07:58

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty15th November 2013, 08:15

Brilliant!! happy  Merci infiniment, mon! give rose 

A.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty16th November 2013, 10:47

I had yesterday concert myself, so I don´t know exactly whether there was a live broadcast. Was it?

Now, I hope, this link will work  eventually...

Here is a little piece to listen :

Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty16th November 2013, 19:16

The video will be in the web from 17th November, 10 a.m. on
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty17th November 2013, 12:10

Update in the  Extra Gallery wink 

Karina Gauvin, Niobe
Philippe Jaroussky, Anfione
Amanda Forsythe, Manto
Christian Immler, Tiresia
Aaron Sheehan, Clearte
Terry Wey, Creonte
Jesse Blumberg, Poliferno
José Lemos, Nerea

Boston Early Music Festival Orchestra, Leitung Paul O´Dette und Stephen Stubbs.
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty14th November 2014, 10:39

Hurrah! - The waiting is almost over! The 5. of January 2015 is the release date...

Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty14th November 2014, 10:56

M-wah! Tusen takk, Morten!

A.
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty14th November 2014, 11:39

You're very welcome, Artemis!
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty14th January 2015, 22:14

Agostino Steffani · Niobe, Regina di Tebe

The new CD · Recension on Radio WDR  (German) · 14.01.2015

WDR · listen to: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

———————————————————————————————————————————————————

A small overview > the concerts > January 2015 Live !

18  January 2015 Spain · Madrid, Auditorio Nacional
20  January 2015 France · Mérignac, Le Pin Galant
22  January 2015 France · Versailles, Opéra Royal
24  January 2015  Paris · Theatre des Champs Elysées
27  January 2015 Netherlands · Amsterdam (Pays-Bas), Concertgebouw
29  January 2015 France · Toulouse, La Halle aux Grains
31  January 2015 Germany · Dortmund, Konzerthaus
= hopefully, correctly?

(I wish I could go to a concert).

I found a small video on Warner Classics (with costumes):

wave

Last edited by Saskia on 14th January 2015, 22:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : time 23:25 , Niobe)
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty16th January 2015, 16:51

Oh, what a delight it is to finally being able to listen to the recording of "Niobe Regina di Tebe" in all it's splendor! The triple CD arrived through the post today! What a fantastic opera this is! Shear bliss to the nervous system! It's been more than three years of waiting, since I first heard the music of Agostino Steffano for the first time, through the streaming of the original Boston staging in 2011. Then came the recording in Bremen in 2013, but nothing was released then, but finally, now in 2015 we can hear the results. Pure magic, I must say! It's been worth the wait. The biggest of many highlights is the spheric aria that Philippe sings in his role as Anfione "Sfere Amiche".                                                                                      Good things come to those who wait!give rose
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty27th February 2015, 20:55

Here are a couple of great reiews.

As Anfione, Philippe Jaroussky was phenomenal. The French countertenor demonstrated his impeccable coloratura in the fiendishly difficult “Trà bellici carmi” but it was the contemplative aria “Dell'alma stanca… Sfere amiche”, all delicately chiselled phrases, exquisitely accompanied by the violas, that showcased his vocal qualities at their best. This was the highlight of the whole evening

The article includes this. Is there another recording?
Maarten Engeltjes’ bland alto miscast as the martial Creonte
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty27th February 2015, 21:09

Temp,

The Bachtrack review is for a concert performance in Amsterdam. On the recording, Creonte is sung by Terry Wey.

A.
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty27th February 2015, 22:08

Thank you, Artemis. That explains it. Mind you, I find Terry Wey rather bland too (to my taste). Did you see the concert performance that was on youtube for quite a long time? I thought that was the recording for the CD but it doesn’t seem to be. There are quite a few arias in the CD that I don’t recognise, and the instrumentation sounds different in places.

And what a beautifully presented CD this is!!

Anfione could have been written for Philippe but it is a little worrying that Philippe is almost becoming typecast.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty27th February 2015, 23:06

Temp,

I'm pretty certain that the concert version (from Bremen??) available on You Tube was abridged.  

I like Terry Wey's voice but I don't think he is ideal casting for Creonte either.  Where's Iestyn Davies when you need him? grin  (Iestyn was an excellent Creonte at the ROH a few years ago).  The ROH version was probably heavily cut too and compared with the "Boston" recording seems almost like a different opera!  I must say that I'm completely blown away by the beauty of the music in this recording and Philippe and Karina Gauvin are nothing short of miraculous!

A.
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty28th February 2015, 10:29

Artemis
I am sure you are right (re: the video being edited). I couldn’t match the arias on the video with the synopsis on the BEMF’s site.

Terry Wey has a beautiful voice. He is excellent in a work like Zelenka’s cantata but I don’t think his voice is quite character-ful. Iestyn Davies would have been fantastic (he is in almost everything!!) but if they couldn’t have him, the BEMF’s original Creonte, Matthew White would have been very good. His voice is very dramatic and the final aria would have been much more effective.

I salute to Amanda Forsythe. She was in effect, demoted from the Queen to a mere maiden, which couldn’t have been an easy decision to swallow even for an experienced professional like Amanda, yet her Manto is perfect. As for Philippe and Karina Gauvin, you’ve said it Everything about this recording is…WOW!!!

By the way, this is a wrong thread but what do you think about Green?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Niobe, Regina di Tebe.   Niobe, Regina di Tebe. Empty

Back to top Go down

Niobe, Regina di Tebe.
Page 1 of 1