Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Some Interesting Opera Productions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Artemis

Some Interesting Opera Productions Empty
PostSubject: Some Interesting Opera Productions   Some Interesting Opera Productions Empty26th September 2013, 08:21

News of some opera productions - none of them with Philippe (hélas! cry ) but interesting nonetheless.

In May 2014 the Opéra National de Lorraine (Nancy) will be putting on a production of "La Clemenza di Tito" with Franco Fagioli as Sesto and Yurij Minenko as Annio.  Both of these rôles are such entrenched "mezzos-in-pants" territory that I'm really curious to see what they make of it.  A male Sesto is not unknown - Valer Barna Sabadus and others have already sung it on stage, I think - but this is the first time that I can recall that both rôles will be sung on stage by countertenors (please correct me if I'm wrong).  I feel a bit sorry for Franco as my favourite Sesto (Sarah Connolly) will be a hard act to follow, I think ...grin 

And for those of us badly in need of a fix of feathers and bling, wink  the Opéra Royal de Versailles is staging "Artaserse" again next March - without Philippe (his rôle will be taken by Vince Yi) but the rest of the cast will be the same.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A.
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: Some Interesting Opera Productions   Some Interesting Opera Productions Empty27th September 2013, 20:34

I have a small wish...

Philippe in the part of "Ariodante" (Händel)
with spectacular stage and interesting varying lighting and really good costumes.

In general, the opera lovers (and concert lovers) want to dream a little bit:
Far away from the daily hectic routine and stress....
the hope to find a sweet temptation for 3 hour...
and the hope to say: "Unforgettable !"
 give rose 

PLEASE make it true... in the next years: Philippe as Ariodante. clapping 

A tip for opera lovers next year:
2014 · Festival "Aix-en-Provence" > Ariodante (Händel)
conducted by Andrea Marcon with the Freiburger Barockorchester and
soloists including Sarah Connolly, Patricia Petibon...

Tomorrow · live transmission · 19:00 o`clock · on Radio "France musique"
Gluck > Alceste:

Problems to get the radio livestream?
Try here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

( I´m happy to visit the concert: Tomorrow "Celebrating Monteverdi" Emmanuelle Haim and a lot of artists. + And I can´t wait to visit Philipp`s concert soon ... ) flowers 

Last edited by Saskia on 27th September 2013, 20:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : -)
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: Some Interesting Opera Productions   Some Interesting Opera Productions Empty27th September 2013, 21:11

Thanks for that, Saskia. I too would love to see Philippe as "Ariodante" but he himself has said that this is unlikely to happen. S-oooo, in the meantime, I'm very happy to settle for the divine Ms. Connolly! (already hatching plans to get to Aix next year and wondering when booking opens) ...

A.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Interesting Opera Productions   Some Interesting Opera Productions Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Interesting Opera Productions
Page 1 of 1