Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse

Go down 
+9
*JaRoWi1647*
karenpat
Rosamunda
Pilarddcc
GORT84
Joanna
Croogix
Saskia
Morten Sletten
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Morten Sletten

LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty
PostSubject: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty6th August 2012, 12:25

This looks very interesting!

Virgin Records will release Leonardo Vinci's Artaserse (Rome, 1730) on a triple album (CDs) in September 2012.
The conductor Diego Fasolis with his Concerto Köln have these singers in the roles of
Artaserse: Philippe Jaroussky, countertenor; Mandane: Max Emanuel Cencic, countertenor; Arbace:
Franco Fagioli, countertenor; Semira: Valer Barna-Sabadus, countertenor; Megabise: Yurly Mynenko, countertenor; Artabano: Daniel Behle, tenor.

Wow!

Seems we'll be in countertenor heaven!! - Don't you think? embrace

You can already preorder on Amazon...
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty6th August 2012, 18:46

Dear Morten Sletten,
could you give me the link? I can`t find the preorder: Artaserse > new CD with all.

Thanks, big kiss flowers
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty6th August 2012, 19:40

Sure thing!

In the UK: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is fairly new so I guess France, Germany and the US will publice theirs later...

give heart
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: --   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty7th August 2012, 18:21

Oh yes — thank you! flowers
UK = United Kingdom is quick. The quicker the better. wink

By the way, I found something... dance

Right now, the rare CD is offered (used / CD from 2003)

Philippe Jaroussky – Benedetto Ferrari

One CD:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Two CD´s in France (each around 50,00 Euro):
One CD in Germany:

I remember. Some of you were searching for this rare CD. Be quick. good

>>> Some days later... > today 15. August 2012:
"It seems that all four CD's were sold !!!
Should I see an offer to the CD again I will give a link in the forum."

kiss

Last edited by Saskia on 15th August 2012, 19:53; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : some days after... information)
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty7th August 2012, 18:43

It is indeed rare, yes. It's a real gem! yes
- Think of it; it's his first solo album and already he has this
delicate, beautiful voice fully developed...
He's got his own ensemble playing with him.

It was issued on a very small label which didn't make many copies available...
It's really worth a steep price. hello - If you can afford it!
It's quite strange though, that there hasn't been a reissue of it yet... think
Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty9th August 2012, 02:15

I'll definitely be getting this new CD from PhJ, I'm sure it will be wonderful as always! He wasn't kidding when he said he'd be doing more operas - I've been seeing them a lot lately on CD from him.

As for his Ferrari CD, it could be that the small label went bankrupt and died, meaning that it couldn't be re-released (it would have to be re-recorded instead). If another company bought it out, they might consider it, but they'd have to be sure it would really sell. It was released so early in his career that not a lot of people know about it. Furthermore, he wouldn't make any royalties off of it, so there's no point for him in having it re-released, since he is exclusively signed to Virgin/EMI now.
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty23rd August 2012, 18:47

drink
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty23rd August 2012, 20:11

clapping I also saw on his official French site that his "Best of" CD is set to release on October 29th. drinks I'm so excited for both of these October releases! drunk Two CDs to repeat until they break, both in the same month! I feel so lucky. inlove

Last edited by Croogix on 23rd August 2012, 20:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : emoticon slip-up)
Back to top Go down
GORT84

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty23rd August 2012, 20:24

I like this pictures !!!!!!!!!!! thank you
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty23rd August 2012, 20:42

Absolutely gorgeous pictures!! I just can't wait to get my hands on the CDs!! give heart
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty23rd August 2012, 22:25

The pictures are awesome, he looks truly amazing. I love his hair! heat I hope the Nancy's première will be recorded. Let's keep our fingers crossed! I hope the atrezzo will be as beautiful as that feather frock swoon
Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty23rd August 2012, 23:48

Hang on, am I right in assuming that they are going to perform this live at some point? OMG if they do it must be recorded. :swoon: He would look gorgeous... his voice as smooth as ever... and it would be special for him since it's the very thing he named his ensemble after. wink Oh what a dream!
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty24th August 2012, 08:13

Mon Dieu, Joanna! What most spectacular photos!.
This prince of Persia is .... irresistible!
I had noticed in "L'incoronazione": Felipe is very handsome with a cloak of feathers, very, very handsome. Cool

Croogix: Yes.
Look in Opera!
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty24th August 2012, 14:58

Croogix wrote:
Two CDs to repeat until they break, both in the same month! I feel so lucky. inlove

Agreed! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty25th August 2012, 09:38

Joanna

Thanks for the new photos !

The photograph is Fowler, no? Very artificial and photoshopped again, they try to make him to a porcelain doll, that sells so good. Nice for the advertisement, though.

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty25th August 2012, 10:45

*JaRoWi1647* wrote:
Joanna

The photograph is Fowler, no?
as far as I know , Marc Ribes.. think
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty25th August 2012, 11:18

Joanna

reverence

One fair fellow guild member, I see...

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty26th August 2012, 08:54

*JaRoWi1647*
info from fb/Page officielle wink
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty28th August 2012, 10:34

and another one..
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty28th August 2012, 16:34

My god, this costume...Versace on speed. He isn't allergic, hopefully.. .-)
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty29th August 2012, 18:40

Joanna

grin

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty29th August 2012, 20:35

*JaRoWi1647*
Mamma mia!!! wink
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty29th August 2012, 20:53

Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty24th September 2012, 19:18

You can listen into the tracks here:
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty5th October 2012, 09:32

To read a little bit about...:
Leonardo Vinci · Artaserse · the team · content of the opera

Link (german):
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty5th October 2012, 11:28

My German is improving step by step! Thanks Saskia!
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty6th October 2012, 12:20

Great— Pilarddcc! good German is not easy.

I would like to know who many people are interested in the forum
in France, Italy or New Zealand.
Exciting! Are there japaneses or koreans? embrace
Maybe Jana knows?

Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty9th October 2012, 02:27

Probablement cette interview avec Philippe doit être insérée ici:
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty9th October 2012, 09:52

Thank you for a very interesting interview!! Very Happy

I received the CDs a some of days ago and I've been listening to them a lot. There is a huge amount of beautiful music in this opera. A great number of beautiful arias. - And the singers... Sheer delight. It will give us pleasure for a long time to come. Philippe, Max Emanuel, Franco, Valer, Yuriy and Daniel... Concerto Köln with Diego Fasolis have a crisp, distinct sound to them. I'm stunned! A big round of applause to all people involved!! flowers
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty14th October 2012, 00:36

I´m completely overwhelmed by the sound of Concerto Köln under conducting of maestro Fasolis. They are totally amazing , shivers !

About the personages, my first impression is ( in short ) :

Arbace - an unhappy hero. Very hero. Very unhappy.
Artabano - bad father, coward and the main traitor.
Megabise- hero traitor. Maybe otherwise a nice guy, but....
Mandane- bitch! But also very heroic one. Should be a queen.
Semira- too boyish to be an " cara sposa" yet.
Artaserse - has no clue of nothing, strays at the palace and searches for something to do. Poor ruptured guy - not quite a hero, but anyway adorable.

Incredible powerful and moving performances !
Go listen again and again.

Back to top Go down
mon 1650

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty14th October 2012, 20:43

My favorite Artaserse's (PJ) air is:"Per pieta, bell idol mio..."
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty15th October 2012, 06:30

I'm listening to Artaserse now, for the first time actually.... I have to make do with Spotify until/if I get my hands on the physical CD (my mum is in Rome this week and I asked her to look for it at La Feltrinelli for me...... Laughing ) My favourite aria so far is Deh respirar lasciatemi heat
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty15th October 2012, 18:29

Lucky lucky, I have to wait until Oct 22 to listen to it. sorry It won't be released in North America until then, and importing from the UK/France is expensive with the shipping fees. Soon though!
EDIT: I lied. Amazon.com just informed me that I have to wait until November 6 because they are going to ship my voix des rêves CD with it, and it comes out then. Ah well, I may have to wait longer, but at least I'll be getting a lot of things at once! Now the trouble is, which CD do I play first?? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty16th October 2012, 19:08

The CD's are wonderful. kiss
I'm very glad to visit the concert. A must.

"Oh... Concerto Köln and Diego Fasolis — What did you do? Great work !!! " good
"And each voice has a wonderful character!!!" give rose

Have a good time on your tour. music

Bravo! clapping
Back to top Go down
Saskia

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty26th October 2012, 17:58

I love good costumes! yes clapping
I will be in Collogne but I don´t know if they will wear costumes.

ARTASERSE teaser > Opéra national de Lorraine:
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty26th October 2012, 22:41

Oh my god!! - Look at those costumes...
Let's hope they record this extraordinary production!
- I wish!!
give heart
Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty27th October 2012, 05:14

I am amazed that they're crossdressing differently this time around. Normally when I've seen it (and this goes for PhJ too who has done it in the past in opera), they don't add any kind of "enhancements" to the chest to make it look bigger like a woman's. This time though, it looks like they've done that. Not a bad thing, I just wonder what made them decide to do it this time around.

That aside, the costumes look great, I love how Artaserse is just in a plain white dress while others are in very lavish and over-the-top feather dresses. rofl The contrast is amusing for me to see.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty27th October 2012, 11:04

Croogix,

but a bit later have you noticed Artaserse in a black costume and a " helmet" with black feathers? With this kind of white make-up reminds of Nerone, no ?

Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty27th October 2012, 19:03

Jana: That was PhJ? Wow, I didn't recognize him! surprised Now that I've gone back and rewatched it, it looks like a mix between Rinaldo and Nerone, and I like it! I say Rinaldo because I've seen the opera before and every time I see a feathery/furry helmet I think of him. prankster Too bad in this opera PhJ is being more of a nice character than Nerone. wink
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty27th October 2012, 19:49

Croogix,

yes, that was PhJ! horseman

I ´m wondering - this is the third ( for Philippe) opera- staging after "L´Incoronazione di Poppea" and " Orlando furioso" in that dark and depressive black- silver style with pale make-up ... witchy
Is it now a lá mode or just a hap ?

Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty27th October 2012, 23:51

I think after the reputation he gained from Il Sant'Alessio he's developed a thing for looking a bit darker and less angelic. lol Not that I mind either way, he's probably the only man to look good in all of the costumes he's been in. give heart

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "hap" Jana? Do you mean a "fad" or a "phase" by chance?
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty28th October 2012, 01:00

I meant " hap" - " Zufall" in German . I guess, it ´s a right translation, no ? comp

Back to top Go down
Croogix

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty28th October 2012, 05:25

A hap in English generally means a chance occurring, something "par hazard" in French. If I understand correctly that you mean to say something that is just temporary, or maybe it's only by coincidence that PhJ is always dressed like this as of late, then I'd say it can work alright. smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse   LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse Empty

Back to top Go down

LEONARDO VINCI: Artaserse
Page 1 of 1