Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

My YT channel.

Go down 
+20
starmuse
Saskia
Astarto
Nenuphar
Duffy
mon 1650
rikkapijemy
Artaserse
Jarofil
Pilarddcc
SJuli
tuffy942
Rosamunda
Artemis
karenpat
carolineleiden
vscott
Vandea
Carol Ina
*JaRoWi1647*
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty8th May 2012, 13:35

Dear friends!

Tonight I got the warning about my channel. Seven of my videos there were deleted by YT because of copyright. Other eight I deleted immediately by myself because they were closed worldwide anyway. All these videos were recordings of TV- broadcasts .

Moreover I passed "a class" of copyright - cautioning and hope, that my channel could be saved.

I understand , that Mr. Jaroussky is a great star and a lot people earn huge money with him. So I guess, all the videos with him singing will be not allowed soon.
What a pity - these people must at least understand, that also a lot other human beings are not able to travel to the concerts and do not have some certain TV- channels, so the only one chance to enjoy the art of Mr. Jaroussky and his incredible stage presence are even the YT- videos.

I´m very sorry.

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carol Ina

Carol Ina

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty8th May 2012, 15:26

Dear *JaRoWi1647,

This is really a pity! I did not know that you could not share TV shows on YT, because YT is just plenty of them! I am completely shocked now. You know, I discovered PJ thanks to your YT videos, since then I am completely mad about him. What I am telling here is that they should be also happy with the free publicity you and others give to PJ, because buy this way they will sell more CD and tickets... I really hope they will think about this again. Also a pity I did not know this before I would have copied them (with your permission).... I am going to miss this a lot, I wonder if it would be a way to have them...
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty8th May 2012, 16:29

Cross fingers...that they won´t delete all those precious videos.

And I totally agree with Carol Ina. It´s free publicity and it reach a wide range of people.

Jana do you have troubles because of the copyright of the TV Channels or because of the music (GEMA here in Germany?)
Back to top Go down
vscott

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty9th May 2012, 04:34

I also found Mr. Jaroussky from your videos. I have all of his CD's and DVD Operas. I am very sad that they are doing this. Their will be so many people that will not be able to hear this wonderful voice.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty9th May 2012, 12:46

Mrs. Jana, you have a great channel, and without it I would not have known about the existance of Philippe and other artists like him and in fact the beauty of baroque vocal work in general, and I would not have bought a whole stack of CD's by Philippe and many others.

So it really is pretty stupid of them. What bothers me is that YT is complying to the demands of the big media corporations. Internet is being shut down more and more. Not a good development.

Last edited by carolineleiden on 12th May 2012, 19:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty10th May 2012, 06:39

Luckily I've already downloaded the majority of Jana's videos through keepvid.com; I use that site A LOT. When I find something I like, whether it be an interview or entire operas (I once downloaded Die Walküre from the Met... over 4 hours in one file.. I won't tell you how many GBs) I download it right away in case it's deleted when I want to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Artemis

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty11th May 2012, 14:16

Jana,

Currently on holiday with infrequent access to the internet and I've only just found out what has been happening and I'm so sorry about the interference to your lovely (and invaluable!) channel. I guess this was inevitable once Google managed to get their paws You Tube - many changes and few of them for the better. Hang on in there and don't let them grind you down!!

A.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty11th May 2012, 22:11

Now, my channel is deleted.

Addio.

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty11th May 2012, 22:30

I'm terribly sorry, Jana, is a shame.
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty11th May 2012, 22:48

My videos are gone too. Not the whole channel but every PJ video. I am pissed. Royally. Specially when Jana put so much work, hours and hours, finding, downloading, adding subtitles.,etc........ sad no I am so sorry. As we say in my country:Exijo una explicacion! angry
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty11th May 2012, 23:02

oh, tuffy, not you too!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 00:12

OMG I'm abroad and I've just discovered this terrible thing!!! I haven't download those precious videos...I'm really sorry I hope someone comes with a solution!!! SOS
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 10:51

I've lost about ten video's with Philippe from my playlist, so the damage is not that bad. Most of what he has recorded I have on CD anyway, but what is not for sale I cannot buy, and then I do not feel guilty about copyright infringement.

I have lost the Ferarri video's, and that is bad enough, it is sold out, but what really kills me is that I lost all the Monteverdi Vespro 1610, by the Collegium Musicum 1740, from Prague. It is a fantastic live performance, and not on CD or DVD or I would have already bought it.

I am in shock now and I fear for the future.
Back to top Go down
Jarofil

Jarofil

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 14:14

That's a pity. I feel sorry for this big loss. cry

tuffy942,
you're right. I very appreciate Jana's work. good

carolineleiden,
I exactly know which video of Monteverdi with Collegium 1704 (! ( wink)) you mean, it was one of my favourites... Sad

I don't know according to what they delete the videos... Or it's just a matter of time when will be deleted everything...? no
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 18:27

For you, my dear! Just keep your precious Yourself !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tuffy942

tuffy942

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 19:29

Sad What is the criteria for deleting certain videos and not others? I have over a hundred deleted
but they were mostly from 3 or 4 people. I seem to have one Ferrari at least....I had previously loaded some to my hard drive, but I don't get it! All of Jana's are gone, Foly90, and others....crazy shock bad
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 19:34

Last edited by carolineleiden on 14th May 2012, 18:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 19:55

When we see all the bullshit which rage on You Tube, you should not wonder that uncultivated thirsty for money delete " The Beauty "
As usual in this low world it is the bussiness which decides
We were flooded at first under advertisements but we shall not see them any more
It is the history(story) of the watered(sprayed) sprinkler
I am very sad for you Jana and for all other victims
Back to top Go down
SJuli

SJuli

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 20:11

If I think of all that time, energy and loving care Jana and others put into their videos which has been deleted with one click, I want to cry.
Back to top Go down
http://napijaroussky.wordpress.com/
mon 1650

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 21:46

I am also very sad...it was wonderful.
Thanks a lot, Jana.
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 21:54

I have posted in Philippe's page directly and so has FR who explains it very clearly. I am not taking this lying down. Grrr angry
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 22:02

I don't think Philippe has a say in the matter. He is under contract with EMI. EMI decides, and most o the bigger comoanies tend to think very short term, and they are penny wise and pound oolish.

Jana's channel and this forum are great (and free!) publicity tools, that have increased sales of the CD's o him and many others rather than diminished them.

If Jana decides to shut this site down, they lose more than they gain.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty12th May 2012, 23:27

Oh! My! God! Just got home to find that things are even worse than I thought. I've tried to access Jana's channel to be informed that it had been closed down due to multiple copyright infringements and that the complainant was ALPA - I guess this must be the Association de la Lutte contre la Piraterie Audiovisuelle, based in Paris (it sure as hell ain't the Airline Pilots' Association!) - although whether they are acting on their own initiative or at the instigation of "interested parties" is anybody's guess.

This appears to be a completely hare-brained action - with all the piracy going on in the world at huge profit, they decide to close down a channel which is not for profit, providing a service and giving pleasure to many and which probably increases the sale of Philippe's CDs and DVDs rather than diminishing them (and not just Jana, other channels too).

This outfit (ALPA) does have an e-mail address - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - does anyone think it's worth writing to them and pointing out just how badly they are shooting themselves in the foot? I wouldn't want to make any more trouble for Jana, though, so am wondering whether this is wise or not ...

I'm spitting tacks at the sheer knuckle-headedness of it and could weep for Jana after all the hard work and love she has put into her channel. She must be feeling really discouraged by such idiocy.

A.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 00:29

I think it is rather MEZZO than EMI involved here...and YT didn't make the effort to check all the videos, for them it is more appropriate to delete the whole channel, it's a pity. I feel very sorry for you, Jana.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 09:49

I’m shocked and outraged like all of you – and there is nothing more to add to the posts of Tuffy, Artemis, Caroline, Carol Ina, Vandea and and and..
Like many of you said: No one will be kept from buying CDs or DVDs because he/she saw videos on YT – for most of them it will be an inducement to buy!!!
I often downloaded only because I wanted to have a different version of certain pieces. For example: Yesterday I downloaded Pergolesis “Stabat Mater” with Philippe and Maria Grazia Schiavo (thanks to those who put it on YT!!!) – but as soon the CD with Philippe and Julia Lezhneva is for sale, it will be mine!
These deletings are unfortunately right according to existing copyright laws, because the videos were made public and not used only private – they don’t care at all if you do it for profit or not!!! But I can’t see who is having a real (financial) disadvantage if TV-broadcasts are published on YT!!!
So, Jana, don’t let them get you down – thank you for the great work you did flowers
and let’s stick all together in this forum!!! agree
Back to top Go down
Pilarddcc

Pilarddcc

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 10:44

Do you think it is possible to share ideos in other platform as Dailymotion for example? Or to share them here, at least the forum is group of friends...a private one!! I would be more than happy to sign a colective petition addressed to MEzzo, EMI o whoever made this to Jana and other channels' owners warrior
Back to top Go down
Artemis

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 12:45

I still think it might be worth taking this up with ALPA (see above) who seem to be the sole complainant in Jana's case (although clearly acting for unnamed third parties).

I would only do anything with Jana's agreement, but we could all write separately (if Jana agrees) and snow them under with e-mails and/or faxes to make them rue the day they ever took this on. My inner pessimist thinks that this would probably not achieve very much - but on the other hand doing nothing will achieve precisely that - nothing!

They go after people like Jana and Foly90 because they are easy targets; there's a huge piracy-for-profit industry that they should be targetting instead. I guess they have to be seen to be doing something ...

A.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 13:39

There is a very good post by Lankin on the facebook page of PhJ, adressed to EMI.
First of all I recommend to all to use the "like" button there.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 14:01

Duffy,

You'll probably think I'm an absolute screwball (pls don't bother to reply either in the negative of the affirmative!) but I have a pathological aversion to Facebook, Twitter, etc. and I refuse to join Facebook or "tweet" - even for Philippe!

A.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 14:08

I agree, Artemis, but FB has one advantage: The more likes there will appear the more public this weird incidence is going to be. Philippe's page is run by EMI...
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 15:33

Right you are, Nenuphar. This forum at least is a safe place and lets us connect with each other.Yes, Lankin wrote in Philippe's page, expressing things very clearly. I HOPE if Philippe ses it he will read it. I also wrote lending my support to the post.I don't see what Philippe can do about it if anything. The powers that be hold the cards. We can share whatever we have with each other, any video that is important to others and send them directly. friends We must keep this forum intact and continue trying to post whatever we find. I am sure Mezzo had a lot to do with this as all their videos have been deleted. C'est la vie.Copyright laws and all that .....We can do one thing though: we can make our own videos with his music and no one can do a thing. I think. Mine that I did are still there.MUCH LOVE AND KISSES to all you faithful beautiful people!!!! warrior
Back to top Go down
Astarto

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty13th May 2012, 19:24

Oy, been away for a while, and now this ... too bad! All that work, time and energy that you, Jana, and others invested into creating videos, lost ... but it wasn´t for nothing. We appreciated it, and it did make PhJ much better known.
Of course, something similar happened on YouTube a few years ago, but this time, it is much worse even. Do the record companies and TV stations really want no non-commercial videos of PhJ on the internet? That would be extremely shortsighted of them. Especially as JaRoWi never had any other intention than to support PhJ´s career by making him better known. I really wonder whether it was mezzo behind this, or the record company (I hope not). In any case, I am pretty sure that PhJ will be as unpleasantly surprised as we are.
Of course, there are others. I remember one type on YT who posted videos with arias of PhJ two days (!) after the CD had been published. I wrote to him and complained, saying that he should give PhJ at least a few days to sell the CD - upon which that person immediately blocked me, without any further communication. Charming! Those people of course ruin the reputation of honest users like JaRoWi.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 09:17

There might be an explanation as to the why now question. I saw one o the removed TV interviews re appear on YT again, but this time it was from the oficial media and there was advertisement to accompany it.

My guess is when they get a new contract at YT, they then start searching their database for channels with the content the new client wants to upload, and then remove the video's or even shut down the whole channel.

So the video's are probably not lost for posterity, they are just uploaded by other corporations and we have to endure stupid advertisments for stuff we do not want and would never buy anyway.

Get a new channel, and upload everything again except the ones that have reappeared these last few days or the official EMI material. Just keep the rare ones. Not all of your video's were copyright-bombs. Private cell phone recordings of recitals are of no commercial interest to the record companies, but of big interest to his fanbase, because frankly, Philippe is at his best LIVE.

PS: Artemis: I am so glad I am not the ONLY person in the world who does not do FaceBook or Hyves or Twitter or whatever these sites are called.
Back to top Go down
Duffy

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 15:33

Caroline,
you're right. Those little smartphone videos only harm his personal rights. lol
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 17:17

Contrary to popular misconception there is no such thing as a right not to be photographed or filmed when you are IN PUBLIC. Only IN PRIVATE does such a right exist.

Anything a random passer by on the street might get to see, or a visitor to a public place, he can take a picture of and get that picture on the net or on billboards or sell it to a magazine.

There is no right to privacy in the public domain.

So anyone blocking off a cameralense or even worse, harrass a journalist or take his camera is in violation of a lot more laws than that photographer who was in fact breaking none at all.

If a person is out on the public street, it is legal to film that. Because other people SEE it too, there is no preventing that and then filming it is no more illegal than seeing it.

But when he is at his own house or garden, or in someone elses home, or a dressingroom, than it is not legal to film him. A man's home is still his castle.

Last edited by carolineleiden on 14th May 2012, 22:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astarto

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 21:40

Caroline, you know well that it is neither legal nor right to record a musician during a concert. Apart from the fact that it is a miserable thing to do and actually does harm a musician´s rights. PhJ gets very angry at people who do this, and he has extremely good eyesight - he is able to recognize those people.
In any case, now we are left with the worst cellphone videos on YT and nothing else. Thank you, GEMA (I guess the development around the GEMA has more to do with the when of this action).

Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 22:36

Astarto, when the matter at hand is copyright, you are 100% correct. My post concerned the portraitright, but that is ofcourse only part of the question.

A concerthall is not a public domain. People have to buy a ticket to get in there, that makes it not public. I should have made that more clear.

But frankly, I do not see the harm in a concertvideo in YT. If anything, it will increase sales figures and attendance of the concerts. Allow me to explain.

Artists and recordcompanies tend to get too fussy when it gets to matters of copyright. It is all a matter of exposure these days. YT gets them exposed in a massive way that no advertisement agency could ever do, it is completely for free and it only gets more money in the bank.

The people that are happy with a bootleg copy and who do not BUY the CD, would never have done it in the first place. I know that is hard to believe, but it is true. I have a playlist full of popmusic that I sort of like but would never spend a dime on. They have not lost me as a customer. I never was one! Some times people just happen to consider some music to be okay, but not good enough to buy. Sorry, dear artists, but you can't win them all....That is a marketing principle.

My classical music collection I all bought legally, because I want that bad enough to spend money on. I buy those anyway. A YT video is simply not enough, but they do help me in selecting the ones I do want. I want the physical CD that can't get lost when my computer crashes and I want the booklet. But I liked watching PhJ in concert on YT, even with terrible sound and visual quality, and without those video's on YT I would not have gone to a concert. I know the same goes for a lot of people. The CD buying maket and the bootlegcopy market are two worlds that do not overlap.

So please tell him not to get upset over people filming his concerts. It is only good for business, not bad. I've spent hundreds of euro's on him, that I would never have spent without YT because I simply would not have known about his very existence. He may be big in the world of baroque, but in the rest of the big big world out there people haven't got a clue who Philippe Jaroussky is.

Last edited by carolineleiden on 14th May 2012, 22:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duffy

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 22:41

Filming him during a concert isn't a legal issue to me, it is a lack of respect. If some wants to take a picture of me I have the right to refuse it. And an artist should have this possibility too.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 22:49

The legal world and the moral domain do not overlap fully. Sometimes morally deplorable acts of conduct are not forbidden by law, and sometimes legally forbidden behavior is not morally wrong at all.

Back to top Go down
Duffy

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 22:56

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 22:58

Filming on a cellphone during a concert or opera shows not only a lack of respect to the artists, but a lack of consideration to other concert and operagoers too - especially after management announcements asking them specifically not to do so. It pisses me off right royally, anyway - and surely, while they are arseing about with their cellphones, they are not actually concentrating on the music, are they - which I would have thought was the whole point of going to the concert/opera in the first place.

If they really, really must, I think it's OK to film curtain calls but nothing more.

And don't even get me started on concertgoers who behave as if they are at home in front of the TV set ...

A. (an out and proud techie dinosaur)

Last edited by Artemis on 15th May 2012, 06:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duffy

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty14th May 2012, 23:18

But I must admit I liked if anybody would have recorded a small part of the sound of Caravaggio....I fear we won't get the opportunity to hear a bit of it anymore, unless Mrs Giraud will put it up on her site as an example.....this is a pity.
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty15th May 2012, 09:51

My phone is from 2005. (badly battered, but still working!) It doesn't even have a camera. I can call and send texts, and that is already complicated enough for me.

Artemis, it seems we are the last two humans that were left behind in the 20th century!

Yes, this copyright and portrtaitright business leaves us all with ambiguous feelings. But like it or not, the world has changed, and both laws and morals that worked well before the digital era are now outdated and soon will be obsolete. We best get to grips with that, instead of trying to adapt this new world to our old standards.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty15th May 2012, 10:55

Yes, Caroline, I'm a dinosaur (and not just in the techie sense) and realise that I lost the concert manners (as opposed to etiquette) battle long, long ago but I find it hard NOT to kick against the pricks!

I wonder what the great Jon Vickers (a wonderful Canadian heldentenor with a notoriously short fuse) would make of the modern concert scene; he once stepped out of his rôle (as Tristan!) to tell the audience to "stop their damned coughing" ...

A.

Last edited by Artemis on 15th May 2012, 10:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
carolineleiden

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty15th May 2012, 11:19

Ah, Artemis, I have learned a long time ago that getting all worked up over something I cannot change anyway is a waste of energy, that only drives up my blood pressure and levels of stress hormones. They will get me killed before my time, so I learned to control myself. It is hard in the beginning to just not care, but once you get used to it it is a liberating experience and you really ARE calm, not just acting calmly. It does make you shake your head in astonishment at so much ignorance, stupidity and illwill, but at least you aren't part of it.

Back to top Go down
Saskia

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty15th May 2012, 23:34

Dear Jana,
please don`t be sad. I understand you. We understand you.—
You spend a lot of time.
The people of the forum know that you have the best intention.
In fact, it`s necessary to make beauty popular again — to bring it back to people.
In fact, we bought the CD´s because of your commitment too.

I guess two words are the reason for the approach:
Copyright and rights of use.
Different companies could be annoyed about the possibility to download some songs.
In my opinion that is not really the case in the classical music. I may be wrong?

To be the owner of the original CD`s is an emotional process of human being.
If you love a special music or a special voice and interpretation, you will buy
the newest CD´s. It´s a need to own the original CD for our “treasure chest”.

The question will remain:
How should companies handle the opportunity to find good music in general?
First find — than buy!
Isn´t it still too complicated to find a special song on the right CD? Time and luck...?

Modern marketing will change!
In the future, the most companies will recognize the value of maximum disclosure.
Maybe they will pay for forums with music?
In my opinion, the world wide web will be full of songs in whole or at least in parts.
Of course free of charge.
That could be the way to sell more CD´s: –Open the ways to find good music.–

Philippe Jaroussky gives us beautiful music, interpretations and concerts.
Jana, you helped us to discover. And we bought the CD´s.

Thank you for your commitment.

> Who pleasure gives shall joy receive.
Back to top Go down
starmuse

starmuse

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty16th May 2012, 01:21

I'm late in finding this out... Sad I'm sorry, Jana, and thank you for all of your work! All the collecting and the translating... your videos introduced me to Philippe Jaroussky and helped bring Baroque music alive for me, and I wouldn't have bought so many CDs and attended concerts if it weren't for youtube users like you. I just wouldn't have found out about these artists! I don't watch TV, and I don't read the newspaper--I get almost all of my media online. I sincerely hope that companies and lawmakers will someday find a way to protect their rights while allowing fans to share their enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Astarto

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty17th May 2012, 16:06

Duffy, I agree that to film or record an artist during a concert means first and foremost disrespect towards the artist. Especially if it is known that it is against his wishes. I am pretty sure that PhJ wouldn´t have had anything against someone recording a little of "Caravaggio" and post it so that people who couldn´t go to Metz would get an opportunity to hear what this composition is like; but to record concerts during a tour or arias which will soon be on a new CD is something else.
In any case, we are not at all helpless against people who are misbehaving during a concert. The Berlin Philharmony is famous not only for its perfect acoustics, but also for its unique audience: If during a concert someone dares to rustle with the paper of a sweet or make any other noise, whole blocks of the audience will turn towards that person and look at them accusingly. Believe me, there isn´t any better means to educate people! (Except for the artist interrupting the concert, which I guess few would do!) I often give people who make a noise an angry stare. (Yes, that obnoxious person is me ... and it is fun to do that!!) Better than nothing, I tell myself. One can do the same with people who film.
Yes, one of the main points why I dislike people recording is that they don´t concentrate on the concert really. They want to take it home to be repeated again and again and multiplied. But a concert is a unique moment. An artist like PhJ gives it everything he is in the moment, making it different from any other performance of "the same aria". Someone who records shows that he doesn´t understand or doesn´t respect this core of what music heard in a concert is.

Back to top Go down
Artemis

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty17th May 2012, 17:07

Astarto,

I've tried (and still continue to use) the angry stare treatment but, unfortunately, the sort of persons who would brazenly film during a concert, after having been told not to do so, usually have the skin of a rhinoceros. Apparently, for some concertgoers, it's more important to have proof that you were present (via a little video) or to text your friends, than it is to actually sit back and listen to (and hopefully enjoy) the concert.

I wish more artists would take a leaf out of Jon Vickers' book (see above) or a well-known actor I once saw who interrupted the performance and refused to continue until all the latecomers had seated themselves!

A.
Back to top Go down
Nenuphar

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty17th May 2012, 17:57

This filming and recording discussion is getting off topic from “My YT channel” – but I would like to write another post here...

Astarto, Artemis,

I once got an angry stare myself – but not from you and not because of recording: I started clapping at the wrong moment....
It was in Munich in the “Opium”-concert. Sometimes there was a clearly interval between two pieces, so the audience applauded, sometimes Jérôme Ducros started immediately with the next piece after finishing the previous one. So in this moment it was clear: no applause. But then, after they had given already three or even four pieces (I don’t remember exactly) without gap, there was a little break – so I started clapping - but at the same moment Jérôme Ducros began to play the next piece...of course I stopped immediately, but I got an extremely angry stare from my neighbour! If looks could kill... stars
But I survived and I didn’t take him too serious, because this guy didn’t applaud at all! I should have given him angry stares because of his blasé attitude and ignorance!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My YT channel. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My YT channel.   My YT channel. Empty

Back to top Go down

My YT channel.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: For Forum-
Jump to: