Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve

Go down 
+2
rikkapijemy
luquemj
6 posters
AuthorMessage
luquemj

DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty
PostSubject: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty18th November 2011, 17:12

I just saw this at fnac.com
Orlando Furioso, Article en pré-commande, livraison prévue à partir du 8 décembre 2011 (Fiche détaillée : Orlando furioso, Théâtre des Champs-Elysées Paris 2011
Compositeur Antonio Vivaldi
Chef d'orchestre Jean-Christophe Spinosi
Interprète Veronica Cangemi, Jennifer Larmore, Marie-Nicole Lemieux
Editeur Naive
Qualité Pal
Durée (mn) Minutes
couleur/noir blanc couleur
Stéréo / Mono stéréo)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rikkapijemy

PostSubject: Re: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty18th November 2011, 18:32

Wat a wonderfull day!
Back to top Go down
maryvonne

PostSubject: Re: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty18th November 2011, 19:31

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sortie le 8 décembre
Back to top Go down
luquemj

PostSubject: Re: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty24th November 2011, 14:25

The cover that appeared in fnac is not the same that now is shown in the Naïve webpage:

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty21st May 2012, 07:13

DVD " Orlando Furioso" got the " German gramophone record critique" prize!

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty21st May 2012, 08:47

Dear Artaserse, JaRoWi, Nightspell , Artemis:
Now that there is topic about "Orlando Furioso" DVD (Naïve), could someone answer my questions Jan. 14 in the topic “Orlando Furioso / Théâtre des Champs-Elysées 2011”?:

"Artaserse:
Well, I have the DVD of Naïve from January 10 through FNAC, I think I bought in pre-launch period.
Now that you can review the DVD many more people, I would like to do again the questions that I did the last January, and I repeat:

JaRoWi writes: "One DVD ? For the whole opera? Or I don´t understand something?"
and;
"Do you mean the " men in black" and the " peasants in green" ? I really enjoyed the " candle- dance" in the darkness of stage, pity if they cut this scene out."

Nightspell writes: "Really strange indeed!" and doubt about the possibility that NAÏVE version can be well recorded from the technical point of view.

Artemis writes: "Since the DVD runs for only 3H10, they must have left something out - I guess I'll only find out when I find time to watch it!"

In my opinion has not cut anything or omitted any scenes, or music, or sing or dance. But I was not in Paris, who can tell me what does not appear on the DVD?. "

Many, many, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

PostSubject: Re: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty22nd May 2012, 11:51

Dear Rosamunda,

In answer to your call, and purely in the interests of science and research you understand, I watched the DVD of "Orlando" again last night - yes, I know it's hard work, but somebody had to sacrifice themselves to do it!

I think you can rest assured that (as far as I can remember) nothing has been omitted. I saw the staged version twice (because I also wanted to see Cencic as Ruggiero) as well as the concert version (which went at a spanking pace because of the absence of stage "business").

I originally thought that the timing of 3H10 was rather short but I forgot that a staged performance is a living, organic thing and no two performances are alike (which is why I prefer live performances over DVDs). Sometimes it takes an audience as much as 5 minutes to settle down after an aria if there is lengthy applause and the singers just have to wait. I guess this is what has been cut out of the DVD ...

I have to say that whoever was operating the cameras for Naïve must be madly in love with Philou - long, lingering close-ups of him even when other singers are delivering key arias!

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this production and how "dark" it was - literally, as well as interpretatively.

A.
Back to top Go down
Rosamunda

Rosamunda

PostSubject: Re: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty22nd May 2012, 21:42

Dear Artemisa:

Eureka!. At last I got a first hand information!

I appreciate the TREMENDOUS effort you made to re-see "Orlando", but I had a great concern considering that "Naïve" had deceived me, and had removed everything that looked not interesting to them.

Fortunately not, and now, relaxed and calm, I will also make GREAT effort to see her again.. And I will return to hypnotize with obsessive close-ups of Philippe and forget, like “Naïve” cameras, sometimes the character who is singing is not Ruggiero.

Thank you, Artemisa!!, "Orlando" is wonderfully dark, you're absolutely right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve   DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve Empty

Back to top Go down

DVD Orlando furioso, Naïve
Page 1 of 1