Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

New contract & forthcoming activity

Go down 
+14
Morten Sletten
shushak
*JaRoWi1647*
Kelalla
maryvonne
tuffy942
Vandea
Ottavia
karenpat
calimero116
Gisotiza
Artaserse
Mercè
chablisuk
18 posters
AuthorMessage
chablisuk

New contract & forthcoming activity Empty
PostSubject: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd June 2011, 10:15

Announcement of Philippe's contract with Virgin :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and forthcoming activities:

Forthcoming projects on Virgin Classics include a disc of duos with Max Emmanuel Cencic under the baton of William Christie, and two important collaborations: Fauré’s Requiem with the Orchestre de Paris and Paavo Järvi, and a South American music recording project with Christina Pluhar and L’Arpeggiata.

Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd June 2011, 10:39

It's a very good news!!

Thank you, Chablisuk! clapping

Mercè
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd June 2011, 13:24

chablisuk

Thank you for the great news!
So, we can start to anticipate .... horseman drummer music violin

Gisotiza

Gisotiza

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd June 2011, 16:32

and a South American music recording project with Christina Pluhar and L’Arpeggiata. GREAT!!!
Back to top Go down
calimero116

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd June 2011, 16:36

Wow, fantastic news!!!
Would look forward to his forthcoming new albums...... !!
Thank you for sharing the good news chablisuk !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd June 2011, 19:11

Very excited about the new projects! I'm glad to hear he's going to work with L'Arpeggiata again; thanks to their collaboration I've discovered a new world of music. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
Ottavia

Ottavia

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd June 2011, 23:09

Oh YESSSS! Cannot wait for the duos with Cencic I already wittnessed in concert... Thank you very much Chablisuk! flowers
Back to top Go down
http://irenebenito.wordpress.com/
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty3rd June 2011, 07:08

Some great news! I will wait patiently for the new projects!
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty5th June 2011, 15:14

Dear everyone, Onthe 12 I will see Niobe finally in Boston and I will try to get some info about a future DVD or whatever Boston Opera does. I will try to tape a little but I don't want to get thrown out!!!I am so excited I will see Philippe again! I will also ask him about his tour in Japan and any other questions you guys may have..
happy
Back to top Go down
Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty5th June 2011, 18:01

Dear Tuffy,

Ask him about Il Caravaggio; I now he projected this opera for 2012, but, at what point is it? And also, if he knows when it will be released the DVD of l'Incoronazzione di Poppea presented in Madrid last year.

Thank you very much, and, enjoy a lot this Niobe in Boston!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Mercè
Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty5th June 2011, 19:26

Mercé

Sorry, I´m not tuffy942, but allow me to answer you just short - the premiere of "Caravaggio" should be in April 2012.

As also the release of " Poppea" - 2012.

tuffy942

You lucky! Enjoy the King Anfione and the wonderful staging ( for us, too!)
I´d also like to know, who will be the stage- director for "Caravaggio". blush

Mercè

Mercè

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty6th June 2011, 12:26

Thank you, Artaserse!! These are the good news too [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Mercè
Back to top Go down
maryvonne

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty15th July 2011, 08:01

.the new cd comes out with Philip on September 19 he sang the Pie Jesu from Faure's Requiem and the world premiere of the Cantique de Jean Racine
Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty15th July 2011, 14:55

Why it is called as a world premiere? (Faure's Cantique de Jean Racine)

This composition is played and registers often and often.

Back to top Go down
maryvonne

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty15th July 2011, 21:21

it's not the Faurés' Cantique which is a world première but the Psaume « Super Flumina Babylonis », i think i ve well unterstood the description of the cd
Back to top Go down
Kelalla

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty15th July 2011, 22:35

maryvonne, forgive me, can I ask, whence you have this information?

I could find nothing on a site EMI-Virgin

Thanks a lot give rose
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty17th July 2011, 10:18

maryvonne

MERCI for this wonderful news! flowers

I asked Philippe and he answered - Yes ! sunny

So, we can wait for a great feast, incl. CD´s with M.- E. Cencic, Faure and.....( tambour tremoloes) one Piazzola - recording with L´Arpeggiata soon! dance

It´s an really good reason to celebrate, isn´t it???
clapping violin drummer dance horseman thank you

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty17th July 2011, 12:13

Whohoo! Excellent news!
clapping happy
Back to top Go down
shushak

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty17th July 2011, 20:50

It seems that Philippe Jaroussky will record this Fall the role of Artaserse in the Artaserse of Leonardo Vinci (Rome, 1730), under direction of Diego Fasolis. Max Cencic will be Mandane and Franco Fagioli Arbace. It will be a very intersting CD to be published in 2012, and there will also be a European tour for this opera.
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty17th July 2011, 21:14

shushak

Wow... where from do you have this secret information? Did you ask Philippe himself ( or any other participators)? secret

" J’essaye de contrôler mon image et je ne vois pas pourquoi je parlerais de ma vie privée ou pourquoi je devrais faire connaître publiquement mes choix politiques ou autres." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
shushak

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty1st August 2011, 19:08

It is announced on Cencic presentation for Ambronay Festival and on his site and I ask some additionnal informations to his impresario. It seems that the idea, which I don't really like, is to have counter-tenors in all the castratos roles, even the woman roles, as the Première was in Rome and no women were allowed to sing there during the XVIIIth century. Cencic was firstly cast as Arbace (role sung by Carestini) but they had some problems to find a good sopranist to sing Mandane, so Cencic is now cast as Mandane (role of castrato farfallino) and Arbace is sung by Fagioli. Jaroussky is Artaserse (castrato Signorini). Counter-tenor Barna-Sabadus will be Semira (role sung originally by alto-castrato Appiani) and the only tenor will be Daniel Behle as Artabano. I have not been able to find who will sing Megabise, a castrato contralto role. I am very satisfied with Cencic, Fagioli and Jaroussky but I would have prefered Gauvin or Invernizzi as Mandane and Basso or Hallenberg as Semira. Fasolis direction is generally well choosen.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty1st August 2011, 20:57

I quite like the idea of an all male cast. In general I'm in the camp that always wants men/countertenors in the male castrato roles, so logically I should have preferred women in female roles at all costs, however it worked so great in Il Sant'Alessio that I have no doubt they will repeat the success - M.E.C. was a very convincing wife.

Plus I find the historical reason for this choice very fascinating.

Now, am I stupid to not have heard of the composer? I didn't know there were two "Leonardo (da) Vinci" ? wise
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty1st August 2011, 23:01

No! - You're not!
He's another mostly forgotten composer, who worked in Napoli at the beginning of the 1700s. That means "opera seria" and castrato roles en masse... Not much of his work has been recorded up until now. In our times with all these baroque jewels coming to light after a long time in dusty libraries, we can expect much more... The german soprano Simone Kermes has recorded some on her album of arias from "The Naples School" named "Lava".
Highly recomended!! wave
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty1st August 2011, 23:39

Oh, I just remembered... Farinelli's favorite role was composed for him, while they both were i London. Giasone... Several of the arias were to be included later when Farinelli was to sing in other operas...
Back to top Go down
shushak

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd August 2011, 10:05

To Morten Sletten : No, Vinci never goes to London, he died suddenly in Rome just after the Première of Artaserse and Alessandro nell Indie in 1730. He was on of the member of the Neapolitan school, rival of Porpora. He composed opera for Carestini (Artaserse, Alessandro) and Farinelli (Farnace, Medo, Catone in Utica) , who keep some arias ('Cervo in bosco') for his London Tour.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd August 2011, 10:51

Morten Sletten wrote:
No! - You're not!
He's another mostly forgotten composer, who worked in Napoli at the beginning of the 1700s. That means "opera seria" and castrato roles en masse... Not much of his work has been recorded up until now. In our times with all these baroque jewels coming to light after a long time in dusty libraries, we can expect much more... The german soprano Simone Kermes has recorded some on her album of arias from "The Naples School" named "Lava".
Highly recomended!! wave

I already have the Lava CD somewhere..I'll have to listen to it again smile
Back to top Go down
Morten Sletten

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd August 2011, 11:52

To "Shushak": I remembered wrong here! Only his music was performed in London. He wasn't there in person... Sorry!! "Il Medo" was premiered in May 1728 at the Teatro Ducale in Parma, Italy. There's also a rumour that he was murdered two years later by a jealous composer...

To Karenpat: You can also hear the famous aria "Cervo in Bosco" on Cecilia Bartoli's album "Sacrificium"!
Back to top Go down
shushak

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd August 2011, 12:57

"Cervo in Bosco" was unfortunately not inculded in Cecilia Bartoli's album "Sacrificium" but it appears in the DVD one and the more recent Album "Sospiri". Both Haendel and Vivaldi were admirers of Vinci. Haendel set Vinci's Didone and Artaserse in London as a sort of pasticcio (he composed himslef only the recitatives and keep the music by Vinci with some additionnal by Hasse. Vinci was also the most prefered compositer of libretist Metastasio, to be replaced by Hasse after his death. Artaserse of Vinci was played during more than twenty years in Italy, which is very impressive as at this time the music of the preceding year was often considered as outofdate !
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty2nd August 2011, 13:10

shushak

good

I just enjoy the converstaion here!

Back to top Go down
Artaserse

Artaserse

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty17th August 2011, 09:34

shushak

Quote :
I have not been able to find who will sing Megabise, a castrato contralto role.

Yuri Minenko?

shushak

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty28th September 2011, 19:30

The Artaserse recording sessions are this week. smile . with the cast I spoke some weeks ago : Artaserse, Jaroussky ; Arbace, Fagioli ; Mandane, Cencic ; Semira, Barna-Sabadus ; Artabano, Behle ; Megabise, Minenko, Concerto Köln, Fasolis. A great album to be published in September 2012. The opera is magnificent, you can see the score on the web, it has several trumpets, horns and oboe arias, specially for Jaroussky, Fagioli, Behle and Minenko. More than 28 arias that Fasolis will certainly give some life and contrasts.
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty29th September 2011, 06:08

I remember seeing that the duet CD with Max Emanuel Cencic would be out in November, is it still on, or has it been delayed?
Back to top Go down
Duffy

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty29th September 2011, 09:47

The CD "Duetti" will be released on the 4th November. It can already be ordered at AMAZON.
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty29th September 2011, 10:39

Yes! happy

Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty29th September 2011, 12:30

clapping happy

Yeah...excellent!
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty29th September 2011, 21:29

Wow! WOW!!! If there is a dream CD, this ceartaily is. Thank you very much for posting the information. Well, a REAL drem CD will be Philippe‘s solo album but I shan’t be too demanding.
Back to top Go down
gartempe

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty21st November 2011, 06:37

Merci beaucoup pour ces renseignements. inlove bravo!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New contract & forthcoming activity   New contract & forthcoming activity Empty

Back to top Go down

New contract & forthcoming activity
Page 1 of 1