Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

"Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

"Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010. Empty
PostSubject: "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010.   "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010. Empty27th November 2010, 16:13

I ´ve bought this issue yesterday in Hamburg and will translate immediately! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Balletlover

Balletlover

PostSubject: Re: "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010.   "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010. Empty27th November 2010, 19:45

Isn't the picture the one on the CD OPIUM ?
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010.   "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010. Empty27th November 2010, 19:53

Balletlover

Yes, it is. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010.   "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010. Empty28th November 2010, 12:36

Q:- Mr. Jaroussky, „Russky“ means „Russian“. Do you have Russian ancestors?
PhJ:- Yes! My surname means “I am Russian”.

Q.- And? Are you Russian?
PhJ. -My Grandfather was Russian and left the country yet before the Revolution 1917.
I don´t speak a word Russian for myself, what a pity! But sometimes I feel myself a bit Russian. And I like the music very well – Shostakovich, the choirs….

Q.-You´re an countertenor, or sometimes called “falsettist”. Can you describe the specials of your voice?
PhJ:- By the countertenors only the edges of the vocal cords are swinging – so, the voice can rise to the unbelievable highs and produce the impression of a “singing false or “falso”. Hence, the word.

Q:- So, do you cheat a little?
PhJ:- (laugh) If you want…..We do something, what seem to be “ not normally” for you. As a castrato I would don´t need to cheat . Today one can reach the highs with the certain technic . It is not too easy to learn, how to controll the voice, to coordinate the breathing. Certain expiries must become automatically, first after the voice will sound free – and therefore more fresh and young.

Q:-The experience makes your voice young , then?
PhJ:- Yes. It could sound funny, but each day I hope , that the voice sound younger.

Q:- Looks like an “Peter- Pan- Syndrome”.
PhJ:-Right. Countertenor defines himself not only by his vocal capacity, there exist a lot of psychology behind. Many people believe, one sing so high because of the wish to be unconditional a woman or to sound like a woman at least. I believe, it is the wish to remain a child. A lot of my colleagues are very young in their spirit. We wish to keep the naivety, to preserve our childhood.

Q:- What do you mean about the theory, Michael Jackson as the first has made the countertenors fit for a “court” again?
PhJ:- I don´t believe in it, it is too short- term intended. There were also others before him in the pop music, Bee Gees for example, who were successful with their falsetto singing. For us as the classical interpreters, exists also different reasons. A lot of traditions were broken - step by step - as well as in the modern as also in the ancient music. There changed a lot also in the relation of man and woman. Men may be today more honest, they may cry , express their feelings more openly . Countertenor can find in this scene rather a place for himself.

Q:- Why were the castrati of the 17. and 18. centuries first celebrated like the popstars and then disappeared ?
PhJ:- I think, it had to act with achievements of the French Revolution - according to the new fundamental rights every person had a right on health and on the own decisions.
No one could tolerate or get through any more such awful operations in which boys were castrated, only to keep their boy's voice. The restructuring of the society also changed the needs of the people.

Q:- But the nature laws want the women singing high and the men - low . A perhaps not skilled audience reacted irritated, as for example at the sight of a man in women's clothes.
PhJ: - Oh, that happened to me already! One young girl in the first row started to laugh loudly as she heard me sing. For many women we look somehow silly, but it is of course a thing of the taste. My mother loved my countertenor voice immediately.

Q:-And your father?
PhJ:- My father was surprised, but not rejecting at all. He was rather concerned about whether I would manage this life as an artist. The both have accepted that I gave up my violin study to devote myself completely to the singer's career.

Q:- You said once, it is a job for Narcissists.
PhJ:-But of course! Because of two reasons: on stage one must present himself, otherwise nobody will believe him seriously. On the other hand, one wants to be also loved.

Q:- How to hold this vanity in fence?
PhJ:-It is not easy, the life as an artist can be very artificial. Everybody finds you miraculous. And sometime you believe this yourself. Of course, I try to be as good as possible . It is important, to have the situation always under control , to find less effects, but more expression and truthfulness. On the other hand, one must show himself. The people want to hear music, and this in a unique way. In the baroque arias by Caldara, Händel or Vivaldi one can show so many facets.

Q:- We know, you can paint very well. If you would have to paint yourself, it would be an caricature?
PhJ:- Certainly, with very long legs and a boyish face.

Q:- Forever young.
PhJ:- But of course!

Last edited by *JaRoWi1647* on 29th November 2010, 07:18; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010.   "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010. Empty29th November 2010, 00:15

Cara! flowers thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010.   "Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010. Empty

Back to top Go down

"Forever young" ARTE Magazin, December 2010.
Page 1 of 1