Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chablisuk

New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty
PostSubject: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty21st November 2010, 00:33

This article which oddly disappeared once I'd posted it in Talk, Talk has now reappeared and the whole of the piece can be read at:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No prizes for identifying the ball gown wearer think
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty21st November 2010, 10:19

This is a very interesting article. Thank you.

Back to top Go down
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty21st November 2010, 11:07

Dear Peter!
Thank you!

I removed even the "Guess,who?" topic.

I thought about a little and decided to write there. I was spoken very honest with this lady after the concert and she was really excited . Now, I regret to have done it.
I ´m not sure , whether in the USA is a custom to come to an wonderful classic concert wearing very used jeans and old pullover, but for me it is always a great celebration and I think, her comment at the beginning of this article is simple disgusting. She may believe, it should sound anyway "sarcastic", especially the phrase " commiserating on his fan sites with fellow devotees who’d been unable to get to Sydney or Basel ", but I would like to read these "commiserate" comments really - do you have seen them somewhere?
I guess, each of us would like to go abroad to attend the concerts of Mr. Jaroussky since we are his " devotees on his fansites" , but only few of us are able to do it really. I sold the old baroque viola of my grandfather to do it- and that was not a lot money. I have anyway to manage my three little children and my poor job to have just sometimes the great luck to go to his recital .

If some of you would have different meanings , I´d read them also very gladly. Thanks.

P.S. The surname of the most famous Primo Uomo Carlo was NOT Farinelli, but Broschi. Like "Majorano" for Caffarelli.

P.P.S. The "NewYork performing 2007 " photo is incredible beautiful and expressive ( Alessio, I guess?)
The other, bw photo is a horror. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty21st November 2010, 14:35

Dear Jana
Before I talk about the article, allow me to be a little personal. I always imagined you as one of those people who have plenty of money and time to go all over Europe to attend Philippe’s concerts. Please don’t be offended. I have never thought this seriously. It was just a casual impression. But now I know you have your family and your work to do, just like all of us, this Forum looks a hundred times more precious. So, my thousand thanks to you for looking after our Forum. Three cheers for Jana everyone!!

Now for the article. I think the reporter wrote what she did because she could not understand what she saw. She was unable to write in any rational way about the extraordinary effect Philippe had on people, so took a flippant way to cover up her confusion. The author of the review I posted on the New York concert thread is an academic with a wide range of interest but even he is overwhelmed. Here is what he says:

‘I generally enjoy the countertenor voice, and have heard quite a variety of those, since I regularly attend New York City Opera where countertenors abound in their revivals of 17th and 18th century operas, but never have I heard and seen a countertenor who compels the fascinated attention of Jaroussky’.

Here is the link just in case.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So Jana, please don’t upset yourself. People do make sarcastic comments when they feel they have lost control. It only proves how extraordinarily special Philippe is both as an artist and a person.
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty21st November 2010, 15:44

Carissima Janochka,
Having known you as an honest, artistic and sensitive person and having enjoyed going to see Philippe with you and having fun dressing up! hello It is one of your charms and I am grateful you spread this feeling all around you. People who work in the press miss out and pre-judge many fings.It showed in her very superficial comments and did not see the devotion and love, especially you who had done so much to spread a little Philippe -sunshine in our lives. Be proud and happy with who you are and continue dressing beautiful and bringing him gifts as you always do. Don't change all that is YOU and keep enjoying in any way you want.
Unfortunately not everyone bothers in really getting to know others and miss out a lot. kiss agree
We do not commiserate, we appreciate!
Much love and hugs,
M
Back to top Go down
chablisuk

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty21st November 2010, 16:38

Dear Jana,

I think it's absolutely fabulous that you should have gone to see Philippe all dressed up Cool AND that a journalist should have remembered your enthusiasm AND your sense of style.

Please don't be offended flowers by my posting title - I think it's great to see a report about PJ along with a reference to an adoring fan. I'm sure everyone here would enjoy the acknowledgement of your commitment..

bow - Peter
Back to top Go down
karenpat

karenpat

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty22nd November 2010, 06:54

what is wrong with getting dressed up to go to concerts anyway? People's outfits ranging from gala gown to worn out jeans seems to be common at the classical concerts/recitals/operas I've been to.
I don't think you should take it personal either, Jana [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] A couple of years ago I was very active in another fan community and I (and the group) got a lot of crap from people who were on the "outside".... I just ignored them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.karen-patricia.com
*JaRoWi1647*
Admin
*JaRoWi1647*

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty22nd November 2010, 07:55

temp

Thanks for " being personal". No, I don´t have " plenty of money and time", rather I have plenty of debts and cares. What a pity.

tuffy942

I will , cara, don´t worry! You know about my thoughts and feelings better than anyone else. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

chablisuk
Don´t mind, dear Peter! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I thank you for discover of this article and I ´m humorous enough to do not take all of it too serious. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

karenpat
Ok, I understand !

But the point is- I was talking to this lady quite a long time, while Mr. Jaroussky signed there, and I told her honestly all about my situation, my kids, my cares and My Reason To Love Life ( guess, who is he?). She wrote notes on her notebook. She seemed to be really friendly and interested and gave me also her e-mail. The more I ´m disappointed about her comment there.

Thanks for your commiserate, all you my dears! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty22nd November 2010, 10:10

Jana
I have worked with many journalists in my job. They may spend up to a week asking people all sorts of questions. Most people are happy to talk but when it comes to writing the article, it is usually less than one hundredths of the note they make. In one occasion, I even have to tell people who took us out for lunch that they were not going to be included in the article. I felt horrible.

Journalists are best avoided no matter how interested they may say they are. But what matters to us is Philippe’s art and this journalist proved that Philippe is well beyond any smart media reporter.
Back to top Go down
tuffy942

tuffy942

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty27th November 2010, 16:16

Now, why couldn't they put a picture of Philippe that would express what he is all about instead of the one they used ?
I received the NY Times magazine article and could not believe it! I think Ms Fernanda Eberhard blew it big time!
It makes me mad angry that one of the magazines with most circulation in the US had such an article. I hope next time they publish anything here it will be a fair article with pictures that show him in reality !!
Please US journalists, be fair!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010   New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Youk Times magazine - 20 Nov 2010
Page 1 of 1