Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome, Bienvenu, Benvenuto, Willkommen, Witamy, Добро пожаловать !

Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
temp

Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty
PostSubject: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty26th October 2010, 13:25

1.00 pm Sunday 31 October
BBC Radio3 The Early Music Show will broadcast Orlando Furioso

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty26th October 2010, 21:25

ohhh no! I have to work on Sunday! What a shame! Is someone planning to record it?
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty26th October 2010, 21:44

Vandea

Don’t panic. You can use the Listen Again facility after seven days.
Back to top Go down
Vandea

Vandea

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty26th October 2010, 21:50

Fantastic! Thank you Temp for letting me know!
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty27th October 2010, 14:20

Just in case. My original post about the Radio3 programme may have been a little misleading. The programme is not a performance of the opera but about the opera with some recorded performance, and hopefully an interview with Philippe. All the same, it should be good.
Back to top Go down
Joanna

Joanna

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty3rd November 2010, 15:46

The Early Music Show - Opera Profiles - Vivaldi's 'Orlando Furioso'

"Today's programme focuses mainly on a more recent recording by Jean-Christophe Spinosi's Ensemble Matheus, which featured Philippe Jaroussky as Ruggiero. Jaroussky is preparing to play that role on stage in Paris in 2011, and speaks very enthusiastically about the opera, and about Vivaldi's much-neglected music for the stage"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty3rd November 2010, 16:18

4 days left to listen. Don’t miss it!! Especially English speakers. I think this is the first time Philippe is on the British media (he was on the same programme back in 2007. But I missed it).

Philippe speaks quite a lot in that charming English of his, and he is, as we all know, so passionate yet so modest. Catherine Bott (the presenter) asked if he would not like to sing a big role like Orlando. To this Philippe answered ‘No, my voice does not suit that kind of role and the character is not like me. I have a beautiful aria to sing. Sol da te, mio dolce amore. Just to sing this aria is enough to be in the opera’ (or to this effect).

Back to top Go down
temp

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty3rd November 2010, 16:20

Oh, Joanna. Thank you for recording the programme!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3   Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Orlando Furioso on BBC Radio3
Page 1 of 1